Dead man talking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead man talking

Ok, I have one quick point of order here- Death Etiquette. I have noticed more and more there has been talks about a couple items while you are dead (other posts). But dead people talking, that bugs the crap out of me.
    1. If you are dead shut up! There is no reason for you to ever use the comms to say anything, and I mean anything!! Typing is cool, we all get bored when we are dead and that is ok to an extent. But when somebody is trying to read a “team message” from their alive teammate and all are they seeing useless flaming going on is can be distracting.
    2. Conveying the opponent’s health status or situation. If I am alive I can see for myself who is still alive. I don’t need somebody else telling me who is alive and how many of them. But the one that should never be mentioned is when people see someone else’s health status and than types it for everybody to see. What I mean by this is simple: “Hey, so and so only has X health left, this should be interesting”. There is no way a dead man should ever convey this critical information to their team or anybody else. It does not happen in real life so.... It also gives an unfair advantage to the team/player that knows their opponents health, because sometimes it can actually change their tactics. Case in point- somebody only has 5 health left on the other team, now all somebody needs to do is get a grenade somewhat close and that guy is dead.

This is not a complaint, but simply a critical evaluation that is extremely easy to control and fix.

The Big C - Sends
    Last edited by TheBigC; 11-11-2005, 08:04 AM.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: Dead man talking

On our servers alive people can't read or see what dead people are typing, and they can't hear what the dead are saying either.

Apparently on some servers you can do this, but not on TG.
    Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
    Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Your post confuses me.

We permit dead players to use voice comms for idle chat, however, we REQUIRE that they cease chatting if other dead players want us use voice for planning the next round.

There is no way within CS for dead players to communicate health status to live players. What exactly are you talking about?

Root
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

heh, he must be confused. Welcome back Big C. As has been stated alive players can't see dead players chat or voice.

Hope to see you more!

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Root
          Your post confuses me.

There is no way within CS for dead players to communicate health status to live players. What exactly are you talking about?

Root
          What I am talking about is when somebody (a dead player) decides to type the health of the two or three last standing players, for everybody to see, when they are dead. An excellent example would be: "X Player has 5 health and Z player has 100 health, lets see who is gonna win". Some people make it point to type this in for everybody to see, while the game is going on, not the place for it.
          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC
            What I am talking about is when somebody (a dead player) decides to type the health of the two or three last standing players, for everybody to see, when they are dead. An excellent example would be: "X Player has 5 health and Z player has 100 health, lets see who is gonna win". Some people make it point to type this in for everybody to see, while the game is going on, not the place for it.
            Only other dead players can see this. What exactly is your concern about that? Once everyone respawns (at which point live players can be told), the information is redundant.

Root
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

If you are dead, then you can see everyone's health anyway. :)

Comment

from what u said... You have not been playing at Tg for while have you....
                like everyone said, Dead people and alive people can not com. to each other at TG. so no change in tactics will ever come from me shouting "Justinthemask HAS 2 HP OOOO HE GONNA DIE" it will just make all the dead people look at justin themask and watch as he gets slaughtered or kicks serious ass.
                :P
                edit***
                also only teams can com. to each other. The other team never hears what you say.

Comment

This thread confuses me. After Sabooya posted, my eyes schlepped out of my skull and walked away hand in hand singing, "Follow the Yellow Brick Road."

Oh, God, the snails! The Snails!
                  Last edited by Rincewind; 11-11-2005, 02:34 PM.
                  ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                  No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

lol nice

Comment

I recognize the airborne tag...hes been here a while and he knows how to play(pretty good PCS player if I remember correctly)....but just like everyone im quite confused.

Comment

oh so confused

Comment

No one should be confused. Only C is confused here.

He also got his answer, so I think it's settled.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC
                            It seems that you still don't understand how CS:S is set up. The beauty of the communications system integrated into HL(2) based games is that it doesn't allow dead players to communicate with live players. Once you die, both text and voice becomes limited to other dead players only. Live players can say things that dead people will hear, but dead players can't say anything that live players can hear. Same thing with typing.

Dead men CAN'T talk using the regular in-game comms.
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X