random maps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• random maps?

Is there a way to set the server map list so it plays randomly? I don't know about every one else, but it sure gets annoying playing the same maps in a row over and over, and often We will not even get more then half way through the maps. So I was thinking have it cycle randomly? Any one else like this?

Re: random maps?

Originally posted by Sabooya
    it sure gets annoying playing the same maps in a row over and over, and often We will not even get more then half way through the maps.
    It's not possible to have random maps.

The problem you have isn't a problem. It's a failure on your part to

a) Ask an admin to put a different map on. This is because you FAIL to keep up to date on the SOP forum. Anyone who DOES keep up to date, will KNOW what additional maps we have.

AND

b) Find and suggest new maps in the appropriate thread. New PCS suitable maps are essential to keep the server interesting.

I'll leave you to address your shortcomings as you see fit.

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

all right that solves that :(

Comment

Originally posted by Sabooya
        all right that solves that :(
        lol

edit- i can see his point though, if there are no admins on

Comment

Originally posted by pimpcain
          lol

edit- i can see his point though, if there are no admins on
          Unlike the server rules, the map rotation IS open to discussion and change.

Root
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
            Unlike the server rules, the map rotation IS open to discussion and change.

Root
            i guess he means that if you are midgame and dont want to play the next map because its been outplayed, then it would be nice to spice things up. however, i think that earlier you said that random maps is impossible, so its really a non issue

Comment

Random maps is impossible. But we can change the map rotation so that it is in a different order.

Comment

Oooor... create a REALLY long map rotation, like:

a
                b
                c
                d
                e
                f
                g
                e
                b
                c
                a
                d
                f
                e
                g
                f
                e
                d
                c
                b
                a
                a
                g
                b
                f
                c
                e
                d

Rinse and repeat.

:)

Comment

Originally posted by pimpcain
                  i guess he means that if you are midgame and dont want to play the next map because its been outplayed, then it would be nice to spice things up. however, i think that earlier you said that random maps is impossible, so its really a non issue
                  No I mean that the map rotation (the maps that cycle through automatically) is open to discussion, negotiation, change, etc.

There have never been, nor will there ever be, restrictions against asking an admin / temp admin to change the map. In fact I've been known to run sessions where we only play request maps.

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                    No I mean that the map rotation (the maps that cycle through automatically) is open to discussion, negotiation, change, etc.

There have never been, nor will there ever be, restrictions against asking an admin / temp admin to change the map. In fact I've been known to run sessions where we only play request maps.

Root
                    ohhhhhhhhhhh, i gotcha now

Comment

This might be out of the question, but maybe there could be nextmapvote initialized on the 7th win of either team. This would allow the players to democratically choose a map to play.
                      What do you think about that, or is it out of the question?

Comment

Originally posted by .143 Beth©
                        This might be out of the question, but maybe there could be nextmapvote initialized on the 7th win of either team. This would allow the players to democratically choose a map to play.
                        What do you think about that, or is it out of the question?
                        It might be possibel (Wyz is still drooling over eventscript), but where is the need? I'm not saying there isn't one, I'm just asking you (the players who like this idea) to tell me where the need is.

We have a map rotation, we're slowly bringing more temp admins online, we're continuing to change the map rotation (and encourage members to get involved via the map forum).

If those things aren't enough, explain why we need more changes with maps. and I'll look into it.
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Well, often the server (for some reason) has been very empty. There has not been a lot of admin/temps in the server either. If the map rotation was changed to random, Then when no admins are present the maps can flow differently.
                          I just like the idea of not having to play the same maps over and over. That gets very boring.

Comment

votemap at the end of the map is possible, but it's random.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                              votemap at the end of the map is possible, but it's random.
                              Exactly, I guess there could be 4-10 maps to choose from, and that way we could incorporate randomness with an equal desicion.

Sorry, This is Beth, I didn't notice that I was under my brothers name still.
                              :: Signature removed by administration - File no longer exists at putfile.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X