OK, What's the deal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, What's the deal?

I'm not sure what has been happening lately but when I try to enter the server thats almost full, when it does fill up, I am kicked. I don't recieve any message when I am kicked and I was wondering if I was being removed for a reserved spot or If something else is wrong.
    I always check the server info after, and there are people just joining. I just need a little help because this is starting to get a little frustrating.
    Thanks,
    Catcherguy

Re: OK, What's the deal?

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/counter...ot-server.html

there you go
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Yes, I read that. But I was being removed in the middle of rounds and not receving any messages

Comment

Sounds like a reserved slot to me. You join a nearly full server, and then you get kicked when it *does* get full? When a reserved slot holder connects, they kick the most recent player to join.
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

:( going *poof* in middle of round make catcherguy sad :(

Comment

Yeah, it sounds like reserved slot to me. I go through the same things, with no message.

Comment

wouldnt it make sore sense if the person who has been there the longest was kicked?

Comment

That would make sense, possibly. It would also prevent multiple kicks of the same person. Right after you get kicked, you wait ten minutes to get back in and then another reserve slot player joins and since you are AGAIN the newest player so you get booted again. This is very frustrating so I usually just go play something else.

Is it possible to change the criteria for reserve slot kicks? If so, what are the options and is this even a consideration?

Comment

Well, everyone has to wait their turn. The person who has been there the longest got to the server first. When he/she decides to stop playing that is up to them. You just got to the server, or was the last one in line. When you are last to join, you get kicked. I think the current design is the most correct. If you don't want to get kicked, play earlier, or something.
                  :: Signature removed by administration - File no longer exists at putfile.

Comment

I thought it was a random kick. (?) Not in fifo or lifo order.

Maybe I'm wrong though...
                    Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                    Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Originally posted by [CoFR]Bloodbane
                      is this even a consideration?
                      Right at this very minute, no it's not even up for discussion. The primary reason for this is that we've (the admins) got a lot of other stuff going on. Change is good, but if we end up with a constant string of changes, we'll all just get completely lost. Bring this up again a few weeks or months from now, and if there aren't more pressing concerns, we may well review the situation.

Originally posted by Ghostintheshell
                      I thought it was a random kick. (?) Not in fifo or lifo order.
                      It was random this time last year, but Wyz subsequently changed if to lifo.
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Ill be sure to revive this thread on xmas :)

Comment

Originally posted by Sabooya
                          Ill be sure to revive this thread on xmas :)
                          why don't you just get an SM for christmas if it's that important :P

- -

Comment

Stealth Elite, I agree that everyone should have to wait their turn. But the person who spent 10mins trying to get on a full server and then gets kicked 2 mins later because a reserver slot player joins, well he waited his turn and got booted anyway.
                            If you get down to it, the only ones not waiting their turn are the reserve slot holders, but then again that is their priviledge. What hopefully will be sorted out is the fairest way to determine who gets kicked. "play earlier" isnt really a solution for a lot of players with families/jobs time zone differences etc.

I think what Sabooya is saying is that if he has been on the server 4 mins and somebody else has been on for 6 hrs, maybe that person should be kicked so someone else can have a chance to play too. Im not sure if that is the right answer, but perhaps we can all have discussion at a less hectic time.

cheers

Comment

hmmm... this is a tough call. on one hand, it is frustrating for people to join the server and get kicked immediately, only to join again and get kicked again.

on the other hand, it's not right to kick someone who's been playing for hours and is probably a valued member of the team. Heck, it could even be a captain if we are doing a captains game.

Here is my suggestion for when this topic is brought up again:

If you arent a regular (you dont have a forum account/STEAM_ID in your profile) you will get kicked in FIFO order. If everyone on the server is a regular or SM, then the regs get kicked in LIFO order.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X