Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy time for the rounds

Originally posted by Root
    Restocking when rescuing hostages is acceptable. The same applies to gunfire.
    I am just inquiring if the buy time can be extended past 90 seconds for the round? The round times have been dramatically extended and missions seem to last much longer. If you rescue a hostage and make it back to your spawn, it is never under 90 seconds.

The Big C -sends
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: Buy time for the rounds

As long as people don't exploit this to keep buying He's in office, or buy more Saw ammo, there shouldn't be any problem. With the new required standards in TG gameplay this would be an excellent idea to add to the PCS servers.

Comment

I don't believe that it's possible to set the buy time to greater than 90 seconds. Even if it is, would it really be a good idea? If a team goes 3-0 or 4-0 up, the losing team isn't going to have any money to restock with, whilst the winning team can go in with everything, and then go back and buy it all again. We don't permit nade spamming, but I've never had a problem with rebuying something for a specific purpose (offensive smoke nades on compound spring to mind). To me, part of the PCS skillset is achieving your objective with what kit you've got (or can steal along the way).

Whilst the round times are getting longer (for those who don't know, I'm trying 9 minute rounds when I'm playing), I'm still seeing 60 second deathmatch rounds from members of this community. There's definitely no need to increase the buy time there. If this keeps up I'll make rounds last 20 minutes on server 1, and I'll spend every minute I can on there making sure I'm the last guy standing on the offensive team.

Originally posted by TheBigC
      The Big C -sends
      The Big Clueless? :)
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

It would be nice, like going back to the APC to restock, but in some cases it would heavily weight the odds on a streaking team.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X