Update your clients!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update your clients!!!

The servers are already updating. You might want to update your clients now and avoid waiting next time you want to play.

[-] December 01, 2005 (current release)

Changes/Additions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added de_nuke with High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting
    The Bomb (C4) can no longer be planted on breakables, movable physics props, or other players
    Fixed problem where players were not always “grabbing onto” ladders that were approached from above
    Crouching while traversing a ladder reduces the player’s speed (matches CS 1.6 behavior)
    Improved door logic to prevent doors from opening into the player using them
    View-smoothing is now done when going down stairs as well as up
    Bomb-related sounds play for everyone correctly now (not just the bomb-planter)
    First-person spectators are blinded and deafened just like the person they are observing
    Exposed VIP player index to plugins/mods
    Added "mp_disable_autokick " so players with rcon access aren't idle-kicked
    Bug fixes
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixed incorrect bullet penetration calculation through concrete+grate materials
    Fixed changeteam exploit
    Fixed DX7 early prop fade-out
    Fixed rare player animation issue while holding grenades
    Fixed apparent lockup/hang due to the disconnect dialog showing up over the quit menu and hiding it
    Fixed crash when shooting explosive objects that would result in the shooter’s immediate death
    Opening the buy menu and equipment menu on the same frame no longer leaves the buy menu in a bad state
    DEagle no longer always plays deploy animation when starting to spectate its owner
    Non-localized HintText displays correctly again
    “soundscape_flush” no longer forgets about soundscape entities
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: Update your clients!!!

Originally posted by Root
    Exposed VIP player index to plugins/mods
    Before anyone gets excited - this doesn't mean VIP is going to be launched. What this will do is make the VIP show up on the scoreboard and radar in the same way that the bomber does.

The hold up with the VIP mod is being caused by valve. We are waiting on their next update to SDK. Whilst most of us have no need for SDK to be installed, the VIP maps are dependant on the update so that they work properly.

Acording to my informant, valve have said that SDK will get this much needed update no later than next week.

As soon as the update is out, I imagine the VIP mod will be made available to us. There are a number of maps already made, so PCS Proven players wil be able to get straight into the action as soon as I get the mod installed on server 2.
    Last edited by Root; 12-01-2005, 09:39 PM.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

What this will do is make the bomber show up on the scoreboard and radar in the same way that the bomber does.
      You mean the VIP of course :)
      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
        You mean the VIP of course :)
        Looks to me like it says VIP :D
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Ok we seem to have hit a glitch in the update. Wyz is on the case, and we'll have the servers updated and back on line asap.
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Heh, I noticed. It was fun playing with Poe for all of 1 second :)
            ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I made it at least 10 seconds.

Ok here's what we know. Mani appears to be the cause of the problem. Their forums are heavy on issues since the update. Wyz has got the server working (with mani) but we CANNOT promise anything resembling stability tonight,

We're trying to establish what keeps causing a memory error on the server, which results in srcds (the server program) dying. As soon as we identify the problem, we can fix it, but in the mean time service may be interupted.
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

:( It crashes whenever there is a player on both the T and CT teams. When it is just one person playing, though, it is fine.

de_:icon33: indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by poe
                  :( It crashes whenever there is a player on both the T and CT teams. When it is just one person playing, though, it is fine.
                  Yes that is indeed causing us a problem.

I'm reluctantly announcing that the PCS servers are both down. Mani needs time to figure out what the problem is. Until then, the following games are hosted at TG, and are completely FREE :

Americas Army
                  Natural Selection
                  Dystopia

As soon as we get any news from mani, or another update from valve, we'll do our best to get the servers back online for you. Wyz and Vulcan have been working frantically tonight to get everything back up, but this is completely out of their control.
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

FRANTICALLY.

It's CHAOS.

CALAMITY.

I'm surprised I survived, to be honest.
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

i missed me some TG tonight :( , oh well, keep up the good work guys.

Comment

I'm reluctantly announcing that the PCS servers are both down. Mani needs time to figure out what the problem is. Until then, the following games are hosted at TG, and are completely FREE :

Americas Army
                        Natural Selection
                        Dystopia

As soon as we get any news from mani, or another update from valve, we'll do our best to get the servers back online for you. Wyz and Vulcan have been working frantically tonight to get everything back up, but this is completely out of their control.
                        And tell them Root sent ya! :icon_bigg

Good job guys. Let us know when the servers are back up.

Comment

darn it i just deleted AA, and NS. Well, its the weekend anyway, and I won't be playing until monday night. I'll be on the forums though.

Comment

Originally posted by .143 Beth©
                            darn it i just deleted AA, and NS. Well, its the weekend anyway, and I won't be playing until monday night. I'll be on the forums though.
                            FTLOG Why? Both are free. Unless you needed HD space, in which case, I'd back up the pron and delete that before deleting a free game. :icon_bigg

Comment

Added de_nuke with High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting
                              Is de_nuke the first map to have HDR added? Or are there others?
                              "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                              - Lazarus Long

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...