X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The current server crisis...

So, lemme see if I got this...

Server 1 is not passworded.
    Server 2 is passworded - known only by PCS Proven.

We updated the servers, and they were crashing. So we did some work and got server 2 up. We decided not to bring up #1 until 2 proved stable. #2 is PCS Proven only.
    Saturday night sometime, #2 crashed (cuz of de_nuke, we think).

As of Sunday 9:24 AM (CST), #2 is up. #1 is still down pending #2 stability assurance.

Is that all correct?

Following that, I'd also like to know the answer to this question (asked before, but not answered):
    I can't see the TG servers in the in-game browser. Because of the servers going up and down, I don't know whether it's because they're down, or I don't know where to look for them. (I don't know their names - tho I assume they start with "Tactical Gamer" or "TG" or some such.)

Also, while I'm at it, do you guys use the in-game CS voice comms at all, or just TS?
    "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
    - Lazarus Long

Re: The current server crisis...

Yes, although it was up for a moment around 10:20 AM EST
    EVE Online- Savanna Skye & Kaliska Star
    Proud creator of Cataclysmic Variable the best little 1 person corp out there.

CS:Source/L4D: |TG-303rd| Noirangel

Comment

I don't know when they are going to be stable again but I'm getting the withdrawal shakes.

Is there a 12 step program for TG withdrawal?
      Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
      Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Yeah Ghost, HEavy dinking and an Airsoft rifle...

Comment

Please PM me if you can identify where there's a crisis.

Originally posted by StrikeFear
          So, lemme see if I got this...

Server 1 is not passworded.
          Server 2 is passworded - known only by PCS Proven.
          Correct about server 1

Server 2 requires a password AND membership of the PCS Proven forum group. This is so that the hardcore PCS players have a haven that's free from pubbies. Any player that shows they are PCS material gets access to this group with very little in the way of red tape.

We updated the servers, and they were crashing. So we did some work and got server 2 up. We decided not to bring up #1 until 2 proved stable. #2 is PCS Proven only.
          Saturday night sometime, #2 crashed (cuz of de_nuke, we think).
          Correct. Valve have basically broken every CS:S server using the mani admin mod (including us). Particularly, weapon restrictions are disabled, meaning the pubbies (and I include some ppl with TG accounts in that) can turn the server into an AWP fest.

I changed the map to de_nuke via remote, and this broke the server. The server has now been restarted, and I have posted asking admins and temp admins NOT to change to this map again until I verify that it will work.

Normally I monitor the server via remote quite closely (unless I'm gaming), but as the PCS proven players have shown an almost complete lack of interest in server 2 since PCS proven was launched, I wasn't paying an awful lot of attention to it last night. Otherwise the problem would have been picked up on quicker.

As of Sunday 9:24 AM (CST), #2 is up. #1 is still down pending #2 stability assurance.
          Correct when you asked, but no longer correct. Server 1 is back up without weapon restrictions.

Any TG member who buys an AWP or Autosniper should consider themselves warned : We do NOT permit these weapons on our server. Do not risk your continued access to our PCS servers by taking advantage of a flaw in the admin program and purchasing these weapons.

Following that, I'd also like to know the answer to this question (asked before, but not answered):
          I can't see the TG servers in the in-game browser. Because of the servers going up and down, I don't know whether it's because they're down, or I don't know where to look for them. (I don't know their names - tho I assume they start with "Tactical Gamer" or "TG" or some such.)
          The servers SHOULD show up in your browser if you sort by server name. Our servers both have spaces at the beginning, which should put them at the top of your list.

Also, while I'm at it, do you guys use the in-game CS voice comms at all, or just TS?
          Despite TS being much better quality, and frequent problems with the in-game audio, no-one seems to use TS :(
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

OMG!1111one Its TEH GREAT SERVAR CRSISS OF '05!!111

....man i need to get to lvl 60

Comment

Server is up at 11:40

Comment

Originally posted by NoirAngel
                Server is up at 11:40
                its 1300 and its down

Comment

Originally posted by section-8
                  its 1300 and its down
                  It's now and I'm working on iti.
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                    Any TG member who buys an AWP or Autosniper should consider themselves warned : We do NOT permit these weapons on our server. Do not risk your continued access to our PCS servers by taking advantage of a flaw in the admin program and purchasing these weapons.
                    Noooooooooo! I was hoping we would have the AWP and Autosniper!!

Kidding :P Though I have to say, the autosniper is kick-ass on those zombie mods. :P

Comment

Thanks for the info, Root.
                      Have you considered turning off in-game voip to force players to use TS?
                      Especially on the PCS server?
                      "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                      - Lazarus Long

Comment

I would use TS is there were ever people on. I can barely make out what people are saying over the ingame voip alot of the time. There whould have to be a way to prevent people from talking after they die though.

---

Comment

This may have been suggested before, but how about opening up server 2 while server 1 is down (assuming server 2 is stable). At least we could all get our fix.

Comment

Originally posted by measley
                            This may have been suggested before, but how about opening up server 2 while server 1 is down (assuming server 2 is stable). At least we could all get our fix.
                            The reason server 2 is up is to ensure that everything is working properly. Server 1 will be opened up when everything is smooth and stable. For any more than that... see Root? :P

Comment

We've discussed TS within the context of PCS before. Search the forums if you want to learn about past discussions. If you want to have future (or what you might call "present" discussions), please don't.
                              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X