VIP Mod - Beta Experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIP Mod - Beta Experience

So I discovered that on one of the PAF servers they were running an as_ map. I joined, because pubs are only fun for so long (though the WC3 mod is pretty cool... even though root won't put it in TG. :madsmile: )

First of all, the whole mod seemed to run flawlessly. The VIP has a distinct model (which is unfortunate in a way... the Ts can pinpoint him), he showed up on the scoreboard/map... it was great.

The only problems I noticed were not due to the mod, but to the map/players. On the oilrig, apparently there is a bugged spawn for Ts, and they will sometimes spawn within a 5-10 second run to CT spawn (a guy slaughtered our whole team, and it sucked). The players didn't always cooperate, but that shouldn't be a trouble on our server. As for the maps... they were good, yeah, but I think maybe it was the "typical public server" that ruined it - as a CT, you were pretty much just always running, or usually. We would hopefully be slower paced.

The other issue I have (which, I lied, is due to the mod :P ), was if you are the VIP. Obviously, I couldn't use anything but a pistol/knife (they don't get access to the buy menu, and when you try to switch to your primary weapon it instantly switches you back). I accidentally dropped my pistol, and then grabbed another one. It had 6 shots, and having no buy menu I dropped it, and looked for my first... only to realize any pistol dropped by the VIP disappears! Not primary weapons though, only pistols... Suffice to say my team died and I failed in knifing myself to victory.

I can't wait until we get this modification on our server. We need some more PCS Proven people to play it, too... so get out there and prove your PCS! (When the server is back up, of course :icon_lol: )

Re: VIP Mod - Beta Experience

sounds like fun

Comment

Originally posted by poe
      . On the oilrig, apparently there is a bugged spawn for Ts, and they will sometimes spawn within a 5-10 second run to CT spawn (a guy slaughtered our whole team, and it sucked). The players didn't always cooperate, but that shouldn't be a trouble on our server.
      The origional oilrig map had this spawn point as well. It was random whether or not someone actually spawned there, but if they did.. holy crap! Plus even if you dont spawn there... a T can get a clear shot to ct spawn in 2-4 seconds from Tspawn.... Ts can dominate that map with minimal teamwork... Would be VERY interesting to play it where everyone played PCS on it :D Cant wait ...

Gogeta
      Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta
        The origional oilrig map had this spawn point as well. It was random whether or not someone actually spawned there, but if they did.. holy crap! Plus even if you dont spawn there... a T can get a clear shot to ct spawn in 2-4 seconds from Tspawn.... Ts can dominate that map with minimal teamwork... Would be VERY interesting to play it where everyone played PCS on it :D Cant wait ...
        Yep, once the game begins, the CTs MUST start moving and must watch their back or move fast enough that they don't have to watch their back! I think that our long delay before round starts would make it just fine...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
          Yep, once the game begins, the CTs MUST start moving and must watch their back or move fast enough that they don't have to watch their back! I think that our long delay before round starts would make it just fine...
          Yeah... the five seconds to formulate a plan didn't do much for me.
          "Vip (I called them "vip"), follow behind me and Wolverine, and-" *round starts and panic takes hold like some vile plague*

Comment

Originally posted by poe
            Yeah... the five seconds to formulate a plan didn't do much for me.
            "Vip (I called them "vip"), follow behind me and Wolverine, and-" *round starts and panic takes hold like some vile plague*
            I'll look into per-map freeze time if it's needed for VIP maps. Lets wait until after we get it installed first.
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Are we waiting for it to be officially released? I mean...I know we have server problems already and Im not complaining...im just curious as to what we are planning as to the VIP mod? Reminds me of the old days...and the AS and ES maps....no one ever played the ES maps....those would be interesting on the TG servers

Comment

Escape, how was that style played out section. I don't remember playing it.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by section-8
                  Are we waiting for it to be officially released?
                  I don't know the answer to that question. It's not in the forums.

<voice=dalek>Emergency! Emergency! The answer is not in the forums! Exterminate! EXTERMINATE!</voice>

Originally posted by Root
                  VIP will be added to server 2 ONLY. This will be done as soon as the VIP mod is released.
                  :D :D
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                    Escape, how was that style played out section. I don't remember playing it.

The objective is simple... Terrorists have to make it to an extraction point on the map without getting killed.
                    Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta
                      The objective is simple... Terrorists have to make it to an extraction point on the map without getting killed.
                      What? Are they trying to, like... escape?

Never played one of those maps either, myself :p

Comment

es_ maps are VERY old school... were talkin like 4 years or so ago... in the beta days..
                        Dizlor

Comment

yeah...except the terrorists didnt get to buy anything...they had to find weapons along the way....all they had were their pistolas....

Comment

that sounds interesting, It's definately possible to make the map.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X