First time on...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time on...

Enjoyed a LOT of fine play on Server 1 last night. Thanks for getting the server back up, Root (and Wyz? and whoever else?)!

It's been years since I played CS. Years since the LAN parties and tourneys. In fact, I've never played CS:S before. The remakes of some of the maps are NOT immediately recognizable. :) You have to really observe the structure, rather than the appearance to identify them. But of course, they're better.

So, I spent the last couple days creating my buy scripts and config files (lost my old ones).

It started slow, but I got some excellent help from and enjoyed playing with:
    The Big C (The name is "StrikeFear", not "4Deuce" - as in 42nd Recon! :) -- |4Deuce|StrikeFear)
    .143 Beth (Helluva lot better in CS:S than in Java! :) )
    Josh ("How do I NOT have enough for armor after THAT round?!?")
    Section 8

... and others I don't remember or recognize.

Thanks for the great games. Gimme a little time to get my CS(:S) reflexes back and learn the maps, and I'll be able to contribute more helpfully.
    Last edited by StrikeFear; 12-06-2005, 12:11 PM.
    "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
    - Lazarus Long

Re: First time on...

Glad you enjoyed it. Not sure why people didn't understand what 4-deuce meant. I got it straight away.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Slowly, but surely, I am corrupting every single one of the 42nd to play PCS. Welcome StrikeFear!

Comment

I tried a few times to encourage players to join me on the TS server ... some people had issues with TS, and felt that the in-game comms were adequate.
        The main complaint was that if they tried to use TS, not everyone would hear them, because not everyone would be on it.

I have some suggestions which may or may not have merit:

1) Make TS use a requirement for PCS Proven
        2) Turn off in-game comms - they'll HAVE to use TS or radio
        3) Advertise the TS server in-game...
        4) ...or at least the link to the TS forum post
        5) ...or at least the IP - and then TG players can tell them the pword if they ask
        6) Spread the idea of making your in-game PTT button the same as your TS PTT button, so everyone can hear... might work...
        - Lazarus Long

Comment

Originally posted by StrikeFear
          I tried a few times to encourage players to join me on the TS server ... some people had issues with TS, and felt that the in-game comms were adequate.
          That's a common reaction. We've discussed requiring TS on the PCS proven server, but decided against it.
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Strike Fear, I knew you were a BF2 guy, and thanks for the compliment. Anyway I would like to say that for being relatively new to the maps and rules, Strike Fear did an excellent job playing PCS. He displayed a level of understanding the objective more than most anyone I play alongside with. He used the best comm format I have ever heard. His data was clear and accurate, and I will soon find myself trying to learn from his recon syntax. I commend you for your excellent work, and I hope to find you playing more and more on my team. Once again, CONGRATS to STRIKE FEAR!!!

Comment

Well, thanks, Beth. They do have SOME standards for recruiting in the 42nd. ;)

It was a real pleasure to spend a dozen or so rounds on your team because you were taking the initiative to give direction and coordination to us. I especially appreciated it because we played on a couple maps I wasn't familiar with and your on-the-spot orientations got me situated so that I could be somewhat effective.

It's always disappointing to me to arrive on the scene and find no one either capable or willing to take charge. Times like that, even if I'm not fully qualified, I find myself in the awkward position of taking the lead because no one else has. But such was not the case. :)

In fact, this goes out to all y'all TG CS:S players: No round I played on last night was without SOMEONE stepping up to the plate and providing some orders - with which no one else had any objection! Whether it was The Big C or Josh or Beth, someone took the responsibility of the leadership role, and everyone else geared up and got in line to support him.

Well done.

It's nice to walk in and watch a bunch of pros at work. :)
              - Lazarus Long

Comment

Originally posted by StrikeFear
                Well, thanks, Beth. They do have SOME standards for recruiting in the 42nd. ;)
                Haha, I guess that is where you got your skills. You were pretty good with a bow staff.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X