This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server #3?

This is me thinking out loud (all the static is filtered out).
    Well everyone knows how server 1 is usually packed on nights, and it is hard to get in. Server 2 used to be a backup for when this happened, but no one hardly went in anyway. My suggestion is a 3rd server. This way when server 1 is full and sense "every one" can no longer use server 2, a 3rd server would open more slots for people wanting to play. It also would most likely make TG grow.
    ---end transmission.... :icon_conf

Re: Server #3?

Or.................................

The PCS Proven members move over to Server # 2 and enjoy the best games in town.

Comment

There is no need for a third server. We only need 1 public PCS server.

The only way I could ever see a third server, is if server 2 was packed 24/7 and we had a lot more SM's that were PCS Proven.
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

a further thinking out loud post....
        I've noticed the PCS proven server is empty quite a bit and server 1 is routinely full and it's hard to get a spot sometimes. Why not just turn server 2 into a public server and if you notice 'hey there's 6 PCS guys here' lock server 2 and turn it back to the way it is now. If the server is hosted by TG this is feasible but if the server is hosted through a company then it's not so good because public servers cost more money =\
        |TG-1stMIP| Shawn02

[volun]

Comment

Originally posted by shawn
          I've noticed the PCS proven server is empty quite a bit and server 1 is routinely full and it's hard to get a spot sometimes. Why not just turn server 2 into a public server and if you notice 'hey there's 6 PCS guys here' lock server 2 and turn it back to the way it is now. If the server is hosted by TG this is feasible but if the server is hosted through a company then it's not so good because public servers cost more money =\
          I think it shoudl stay like it is. It is good right now, and as more players become PCS Proven, more people will play S2.
          One thing will set then straight.

Comment

Originally posted by shawn
            As far as TG is concerned, the only way to play CS is PCS. Server 2 is a pubbie free environment so that PCS players have somewhere to go. Think of it as an incentive to other players to boost their standard of play. PCS doesn't require extraordinary intelligence, or even great skill at the game. PCS Proven status is something that EVERY member can achieve if they want to. The sight of an empty server may frustrate players when server 1 is full, and we're hoping that will be channelled into those players delivering a consistantly hight standard of play, which will result in them being awarded PCS Proven status.

In many respects, PCS Proven players are the SM's of CS. They are the people who this part of the community is here for, they are the people who get most of the perks (VIP, priority with server fixes, flexible games, maps, server configs....)

If we move the goalposts to allow non-PCS players on server 2, and then remove them when enough PCS players are on, we'll simply see a repeat of threads like this, calling for more concessions to non-PCS players.

Server 2 will remain private, and all players will continue to be welcome to demonstrate (through their standard of gameplay ONLY) that they are worthy of PCS Proven status.
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Every one is saying Server 2 is a PCS server, but all the PCS players are on Server 1!?
              When I check the names when server 1 is full usually, it has 4 or more PCS Proven playing and Server 2 is empty!
              The problem is no one will go to the protected server, because IT IS protected. Most of the time it only has players when some one waits there for 20 min, some one posts about it on the forums, or it is discussed in server 1.
              In my opinion it is a waste, sense it is hardly used.

An idea:
              Server 1 has reserved slots, well if you some how set it up so that Server 2 had PCS reserved slots and You gave PCS players admin powers over server 2 (ex slay and kick) it would stay PCS pubbie free in a sense.
              Theoretically, if server 2 was run by all the PCS Proven members which all play up to high PCS standards, it should run like it does on as it is protected. This will also open more slots for player to play at sense both servers are open.

Comment

There is no requirement for PCS Proven players to become hermits on server 2.

If you read my announcement, it states that PCS Proven players WILL play on server 1 as this is a NECESSARY way of adding new PCS Proven players.

Server 2 is restricted to PCS Proven players. This is not up for discussion.
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                  There is no requirement for PCS Proven players to become hermits on server 2.

If you read my announcement, it states that PCS Proven players WILL play on server 1 as this is a NECESSARY way of adding new PCS Proven players.

Server 2 is restricted to PCS Proven players. This is not up for discussion.
                  Ok fine :(

Comment

Originally posted by .143 Beth©
                    One thing will set then straight.
                    (image omitted)
                    LOL! :)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to .143 Beth© again.
                    "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                    - Lazarus Long

Comment

Your latest sig banner glorifies an incident where your team acted in a most childish manner. Remove it.
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X