Where do I save maps to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I save maps to?

I want to go ahead and d/l the custom maps but I dont know where to save them?

Re: Where do I save maps to?

Usually instructions are included, but heres my usual path:
    C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\karkianman101\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps

You might have unique sounds or textures for the maps, but there should be a readme detailing where everything should go.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
      Usually instructions are included, but heres my usual path:
      C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\karkianman101\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps

You might have unique sounds or textures for the maps, but there should be a readme detailing where everything should go.
      Pretty much what he said. Usually it's just \maps that you need, but these are all the directories that you'll need to use if you install all the custom maps we play.

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\~your username\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps
      C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\~your username\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials
      C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\~your username\counter-strike source\cstrike\sounds

Player model files go in these directories :

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\~your username\counter-strike source\cstrike\models
      C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\~your username\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials

PM me if you need further assistance.
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Couldnt you just open it in SDK then run it. Wouldnt that put it in your map list in the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabooya
          Couldnt you just open it in SDK then run it. Wouldnt that put it in your map list in the game?
          I pick option C - What the hell are you talking about? Just follow the install instructions included in most map .zip files. Anyone with queries should PM me.
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
            I pick option C - What the hell are you talking about? Just follow the install instructions included in most map .zip files. Anyone with queries should PM me.
            Well it is easyer then moving files all around. you just open the map file, and run it. Then it is installed, and there is no human error.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabooya
              Well it is easyer then moving files all around. you just open the map file, and run it. Then it is installed, and there is no human error.
              Did you just spell it easyer?

I am entryguied by youre suggestions. I would like to subscrybe to youre newsletter

:D.
              ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
              No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
                Did you just spell it easyer?

I am entryguied by youre suggestions. I would like to subscrybe to youre newsletter

:D.
                wait a min waere u making fun of me there.....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X