CounterStrike Supporting Members

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CounterStrike Supporting Members

Take a look at the Members Only forum. Look at all the new supporting members that BF2 has brought in over the last couple of weeks.

Want to know how it happened?

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ecruiting.html

Just a few posts in other CounterStrike forums, appropriately made, will do wonders to bring people to our community. We offer a unique style of gameplay and there ARE people out there looking for a place like we have. Let them know about it.

Again, don't just go out there spamming. Pick a thread or two in a forum, post the link here and just be cool about it. Don't try to sell TG to anyone, we don't need to do that. If you try to start an entire thread about TG, it'll probably get moved to a clan forum that's rarely read, so try to answer people's complaints about teamwork in existing threads. Don't use an obnoxious TG signature image- be mindful of what's acceptable in their forums.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: CounterStrike Supporting Members

Ok, got dibs on any one ;).

Comment

A search for teamwork on steampowered yeilds a total of 10 results, amazing isn't it?

I visit a few other forums too and try to keep my eye out.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
        Ok, got dibs on any one ;).
        I really don't understand your post.

Cing's post, however, makes perfect sense. When we add new maps to the server, I go back to the host site and add a comment to let people know we're hosting the map, and (mentioning PCS in an easy-to-understand way).

We've had 2 or 3 map makers join the discussion in the maps forum as a result, and possibly had some traffic on the server. I know Cing always used to keep track of the CS usenet groups (do you still?), and I check in on the .uk ones.
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Cing is absolutely right, we should be recruiting, but I'm at somewhat of a loss about how to go about it.

For example take .143 Beth's post in the "Pubbing it" thread:

It was madness. No COMM (exception of me and broken), ridiculous rushing, and after the bomb was planted no t was to be found.
          Faced with those sorts of players and admining, how can we effectively communicate what PCS is in easy to understand terms?

Tactical=rushing.
          Tactical=abandoning the bomb.

I'll wager that that mentality is not confined to that one server that Beth visited.

We might need to revamp our vocabulary a bit before we recruit.

Comment

I found a thread over at Halflife2.net forums that had quite a few people complaining about "morons" in cs: s. I posted there. I think the only way to bring people in is to find those that are looking for a better environment and just give them a link.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
              For example take .143 Beth's post in the "Pubbing it" thread:

Faced with those sorts of players and admining, how can we effectively communicate what PCS is in easy to understand terms?
              Simple. We get players on the same team, and then we hit them with PCS. No need to tell anyone else how to play. We just do our thing, and answer any questions politely.
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                Simple. We get players on the same team, and then we hit them with PCS. No need to tell anyone else how to play. We just do our thing, and answer any questions politely.
                I meant in the forum recruiting context PCS-leader. :icon19:

Comment

I meant in the forum recruiting context PCS-leader. :icon19:
                  Oh I'm delegating Mateo to deal with that side of things.
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                    Oh I'm delegating Mateo to deal with that side of things.
                    You are an evil man. :icon19:

Comment

You are an evil man. :icon19:
                      lol..mateo, i cant believe you are still using that WOW banner that i made...hehe

anyways...ill see what i can do...semi-active member of www.badassmofo.com
                      they have a gaming forum ill see if i can hop into

Comment

If you notice a player complaining about how lame other players are or anything of that nature in a server, that's your best bet in mentioning Tactical Gamer. Otherwise you have virtually no shot at recruiting anyone in just about any other server. Most people want to play the game in a deathmatch way and nothing will change their minds.

The way to go about recruiting certainly wouldn't be to go in any random server and just keep mentioning Tactical Gamer when no one's interested in the first place. You're success rate would be something like 1-2%, if that. I'm not saying anyone here does or would do that, but that's just the way it is nonetheless.

In other words, yeah, the best bet in recruiting new blood at Tactical Gamer would be to find the ones who are fed up with the normal smacktard standard of play in Counter-Strike:Source and spread the good word.

For the latest on the , , and , visit the .

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                          Don't use an obnoxious TG signature image...
                          What does this fall under?

obnoxious???

Comment

Beth - let's just say you shouldn't use your avatar ....

j/k :)
                            "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                            - Lazarus Long

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                              I found a thread over at Halflife2.net forums that had quite a few people complaining about "morons" in cs: s. I posted there. I think the only way to bring people in is to find those that are looking for a better environment and just give them a link.
                              Post a link to that thread. While we dont' want everyone spamming that thread, it doesn't hurt to have another player or two offer up similar stories about TG.
                              |TG-12th| asch
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...