How much is too much?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is too much?

Ive been playing css for a while. Ive played over 270 hrs of it (over 100 hrs in TG). I play ab 15hrs a week. That means 9% of my life is css. Does a game really deserve to take up 9% of my life? Since sleeping takes up 33%, 14% of my waking life is css. Is it really worth it?
    What do u guys think?

Re: How much is too much?

in 1.5-1.6... the most i racked up on psychostats on our old server.. was 6 days outa 30. Now thats too much :P
    Dizlor

Comment

Is there a way to view these types of stats? I would like to see them on myself, as well as other stats regarding which weapons i am most accurate with, bomb plants, etc...

All I ask for is communication

Comment

Monkey - start by being a man and give up sleeping. That'll give you more game time.

Originally posted by Ben
        Is there a way to view these types of stats?
        Short answer? No

Long answer? I'm looking into how I can provide *certain* stats (rescues, plants) to players (possibly PCS Proven only) without giving out the URL for where we keep the stats.
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

i like the long answer

All I ask for is communication

Comment

Personally i think stats dont matter. It would be kinda nice to know how many bombs and rescues you have done, but the game is a team effort. It wasnt all bc of u that u got the hostes or bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey101
              Personally i think stats dont matter. It would be kinda nice to know how many bombs and rescues you have done, but the game is a team effort. It wasnt all bc of u that u got the hostes or bomb.
              You're right that stats aren't important. Spelling however, IS important.

That said, players who rescue a larger than average number of hostages, or plant lots of bombs (more importantly have a large number of bombs *detonate*) are definitely players who's mind is focused on the objective.

I don't mind a bit of bragging, but I'd much prefer people bragged about completing the objective than about how many kills they racked up.

I've previously posted stats on map popularity (based on hours played). There are other interesting stats that I would like to make available, particularly naming and shaming the worst TK'ers, and the best bombers / rescuers.

Apophis has reset the stats and got everything working, so I'll have a look at what info is available, and discuss it with some people. At some point I'll make some limited information available. Again, I may restrict it to PCS Proven players.
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

o sure the PCS provesn get all the fun and glitter........it would be cool tho to see stats like that....actually i know most my stats...i have a 2% chance of hitting someone....a 99.5% chance of dieing in the first 2 minutes
                that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                  o sure the PCS provesn get all the fun and glitter.
                  You understand why though?
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

you can never play too much cs. i usually spend about 5 hours a day playing (when i dont have school). once, i played for like 12 hours straight. it was intense

Comment

Ive been playing css for a while. Ive played over 270 hrs of it (over 100 hrs in TG). I play ab 15hrs a week. That means 9% of my life is css. Does a game really deserve to take up 9% of my life? Since sleeping takes up 33%, 14% of my waking life is css. Is it really worth it?
                      What do u guys think?
                      Rookie!

Originally posted by Gogeta
                      in 1.5-1.6... the most i racked up on psychostats on our old server.. was 6 days outa 30. Now thats too much :P
                      You deserve Veteran status. Only in 1.5/1.6? Why did you slow down? :row__523:
                      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC
                        Why did you slow down? :row__523:

psychostats broke when source came out :row__642:
                        Dizlor

Comment

What do u guys think?
                          15 hours a week, that is nothing. I play atleast from 4-9 just about everyday all week. ( that is like 35ish hours a week.)
                          ( and yes if i had it my way i wouldn't sleep, and i often dont. It is just my parents get angry when im up till 3am on schoolnights...)
                          NOW WHO IS WASTING THEIR LIFE TO COMPUTERS.
                          O_o

Comment

Well I don't care how long I play I just want to have fun :)
                            :: Signature removed by administration - File no longer exists at putfile.

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                              Monkey - start by being a man and give up sleeping. That'll give you more game time.

Short answer? No

Long answer? I'm looking into how I can provide *certain* stats (rescues, plants) to players (possibly PCS Proven only) without giving out the URL for where we keep the stats.
                              Just a suggestion, and I'd hate to stick my nose in, but couldn't you use a php page to isolate and display a particular part of the URL where the stats are stored? The source code wouldn't give away the URL as it's dynamic, but people could see the stats you code the page to show?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X