This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argh, server shutdown >.<

I'm really disappointed that server one's status degenerated enough to warrant a shutdown, but I can understand it though. I got on just after if started going bad I believe, and I don't know what all was going wrong but I'm assuming there was quite a bit more than just the CT's being WAY too far up at times. If someone (Root?) would let me know what all happened, I think there was some issues involving some insults, I'd appreciate it. I'd be also happy to join on the second server if I'm ever considered for PCSP, but I suppose I'll just RTFF some more for now :P

(This was not intended as a nag. >.>)

Re: Argh, server shutdown &gt;.&lt;

Yeah it has been happening a lot lately. I just wait for it to come back on.

Comment

Lame!!!

Comment

well if people would play TG servers they way there are supposed to "strong" arm tactics wouldnt need to be used,....you all have read the SOP's and know how to play......its not the Admins fault they have to resort to shutting down the servers.....
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Im scared of root so I changed my reply. Great leadership.

Comment

I'm sorry, but how can you complain about the way the servers are being run? Are you being forced to play here? If you don't like it leave.
            I love going down to the elementary school, watching all the kids jump and shout, but they dont know Im using blanks.

Comment

no kidding.....you play here becuase you like the team work and the TG way.....as a regular to the servers its your duty to make sure its going like PCS was ment to be played..
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

So hang on. Server one is down as a punishment for people not being PCS?

Comment

Originally posted by 0b1one
                  So hang on. Server one is down as a punishment for people not being PCS?
                  No, for not PLAYING PCS.

Trooper is right. All regulars, not just the |PCS-Proven| should play in a PCS manner.

If Root feels that that is not happening, he will shut the server down, and force players to take their game out into publand, where that style of play belongs.

PCS players can always use server 2, so there is no interruption of service.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                    PCS players can always use server 2, so there is no interruption of service.
                    You mean ...
                    PCS PROVEN players can always use server 2, so there is no interruption of service.
                    ...right?
                    "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                    - Lazarus Long

Comment

I hate being technical, but those are the same thing.

Comment

Ive noticed that after a game it says server shutting down, but i believe it just disconnected all non-pcs proven players for some reason. I looked back on the server screen and saw that there were 4 players still on, all pcs proven ones for some reason. this was server 1. I'm not sure if this was because of a technical issue, but why would only some of us get disconencted? Might just be a connection bug, but i had been wondering for some time about it.

Comment

I'm all about using server 2, but i've been playing PCS since the whole pcs proven thing started and im still haven't "earned" the PCS proven tag, therefore am forced to use server 1.

Comment

Originally posted by measley
                            I'm all about using server 2, but i've been playing PCS since the whole pcs proven thing started and im still haven't "earned" the PCS proven tag, .
                            If you've only been playing PCS a month, then it's not really a surprise is it? Some of the people who already have access to server 2 have been playing PCS since long before I showed up. There's even a few who were here when it started.
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                              If you've only been playing PCS a month, then it's not really a surprise is it? Some of the people who already have access to server 2 have been playing PCS since long before I showed up. There's even a few who were here when it started.

that is not what I meant. Ever since I started playing here I've played PCS. I meant i've been playing PCS the whole time.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X