• Show
Clear All

• CSS Update 12.20.2005

Originally posted by STEAM
    Counter-Strike: Source and Source Engine Update Available
    December 19, 2005, 4:29 pm · Greg Coomer
    Counter-Strike: Source

* Added G.I.G.N and Guerilla player models

* Sniper rifles that are in the process of zooming in don't get the zoomed-in accuracy bonus

* Fixed crosshairs when running in a widescreen aspect ratio

* Added a 'nextlevel' server side command to force intermission and a switch to the specified map after the current round

* Fixed bug where players were able to throw grenades through thin walls

* Added a server message for teammate attacks

* Fixed buy menu not having mouse focus

* Fixed buy menu re-opening when you try to close it.

* Fixed centerprint panel and frames per second panel not resizing correctly after a resolution change.

* '&' chars in player names show in the scoreboard and spectator UI

* In-eye spectators see punch angles

* Fixed bots thinking they are still on a higher nav area when they fall off

* Added nav area ID to the bot debug prints

* Extended the bot_add*, bot_kick, and bot_kill commands to accept skill (easy, normal, hard, expert) and/or weapon preference (sniper, shotgun, etc) arguments. For example, typing ‘bot_add_ct expert” will add a random bot of ‘expert’ difficulty to the CT team.

* Added difficulty, weaponclass, and skill modifiers to the bot_prefix string

* Navigation mesh editing - raising/lowering corners correctly snaps adjacent corners to the same height
    As an orgasmic bonus, you can now see people's primary weapons on their backs when they aren't using them (and pistols in holsters). Kick ass!!

Also, in the area of skins - perhaps we can add the skins we have now into the opening select-skin menu? Or the new skins into our menu :)

And thanks, Wyz, for the quick server upgrade.
    Last edited by poe; 12-21-2005, 02:09 AM.

Re: CSS Update 12.20.2005

wow, just spent a half hour in publand with the new update...is it just me, or is the gameplay noticeably different? feels a little more responsive, seems like you run faster/walk the same, and maybe the weapons damage has been tweaked a bit. autosniper also seems much more popular (didnt try it, but it seemed obnoxiously deadly). its late, long day, but...whats different? inquiring oldtimers want to know...

bua

Comment

It's possible that other servers tweaked some stats. I know for a fact that Root's changed the movement speed in the past.

Comment

the model changes are neat, but I love the fact that they fixed the twitchy sniper zoom thing. Now snipers who used to be able to tell where they were aiming before being zoomed can't run around unscoped and simply scope in for an instant.

Comment

the new ct skin is worthless...nothing like a perfectly shiny target for a head...everything else is pretty cool...

Comment

Originally posted by section-8
            nothing like a perfectly shiny target for a head
            If its that big a deal, we'll look into disabling the skin. I don't even know if that's possible.
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Well, if someone figures out how to fix the blasted skin problem, someone could add a mod of the GIGN skin that came with a dark or transparent face sheild- anything but the neon yellow. Same for the old GSG-9's helmet.

The Merc doesn't look too much better, this is just an opinion, but it looks sorta like Danny Trejo. I was hoping for more of a Che Guevara-esque look than an old fat guy with a greased-up mullet. He doesn't even look grizlled, just... well fed.
              And here's hoping they release the original Elite Crew instead of the middle-eastern variation.

Comment

Originally posted by poe
                As an orgasmic bonus, you can now see people's primary weapons on their backs when they aren't using them (and pistols in holsters). Kick ass!!

WHAAAAAAAAT!!!! o my god i have to load up Steam NOW!!!! :icon_eek:
                Dizlor

Comment

I would still like the ingame model change feature to stay, the Tg models we haver are better IMO than the steam ones anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by .143 Beth©
                    I would still like the ingame model change feature to stay, the Tg models we haver are better IMO than the steam ones anyway.
                    That takes priority over fixing valves model. I suspect we need mani to release an update. I'll check later today. If anyone see's me on IM, please remind me.
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X