This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question/Suggestion about the SOP Clarifications

Firstly, I would have just Pm'd this straight to Root, but I felt that it might be beneficial to anyone else wondering the same thing:

Originally posted by Root
    Crackjumping is jumping for ANY reason EXCEPT to get onto objects such as boxes and railings.
    It was first explained to me as "Jumping for any reason other than to reach an objective." I've been using it since then to get down stairs etc faster when speed is of the essence- is this allowed?

And

CC = click click. A double tap on the TX (transmit) key of a radio to convey an affirmative. It's faster and quieter than talking. If you bind a key to "say_team cc" it also means you can hit 1 button instead of 2 (C, 1) when speed counts.

My suggestion is that actually double tapping the radio key be accepted as a CC. Even if someone doesn't have a mic, the larged coloured icon flashes in the lower left of the HUD, which draws more attention than the chat box, which might be unpractical to glance at in certain situations. This would be easier for me, for one thing, because my radio key is on a side button on my mouse.

Decent idea?

Edit: I forgot to mention that this was the best place I could think of to place this, thread, if there is somewhere more appropriate, please correct me :P

Re: Question/Suggestion about the SOP Clarifications

Moved to general discussion forum :)

With regard to people double tapping their TX key, that's going to be very easy to miss. When people choose to type it, it remains on-screen long enough for people to notice it.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Yes, I thought that might be the downfall- I'll just stick to actually saying something then if I dont have the time to look away :P

Comment

also: jumping to get out of the way of grenades...anyone in their right mind would do this

also: jumping to get a better look at a ledge/something elevated...checking for op4

Comment

Originally posted by section-8
          also: jumping to get a better look at a ledge/something elevated...checking for op4

Doing this got me slapped T_T

Comment

Originally posted by section-8

Doing this got me shot.. LOL
            Josh -
            Some men will always be animals, while others ... they will be Men.

Comment

Jumping to avoid nades won't help in CSS.

Originally posted by Section
              Not happening on server 1. I stand by the crackjumping clarification.
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Not happening on server 1. I stand by the crackjumping clarification.
                Aaaah, that would be a bit muddy, wouldn't it? I could see the "just trying to get a better view" excuse being abused quite a bit. Understood.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest
                  Aaaah, that would be a bit muddy, wouldn't it? I could see the "just trying to get a better view" excuse being abused quite a bit. Understood.
                  I find that when we allow wiggle room on server 1, we get swamped with people pushing the envelope. It turns admining into a huge headache. I recommend DeRangers comment in my sig line to all who play on server 1.
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

i think jumping over railings in haste of being spotted or being fired at should be allowedbut only because of the object ahead puts something between you and and Op4 which would be similar to taking cover right??
                    "Aww.. Who Put That Hole There??" ~ThatGuy

Comment

This thread was almost four years old, Trooper. What the heck were you doing?
                      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I was thinking the same thing.
                        "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                        "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

Perhaps he is a NECROMANCER! Cower before his powers of resurrection!

Comment

Before I noticed that it was a thread from 2005 I was like... what the "beep" roots back?!?!?!?!

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

The post was also made on Christmas Eve. He should be in bed waiting for Santa!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X