A Novel Idea!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Novel Idea!!!

During a game of CS today on a non-TG server (it was empty), I encountered a glitch I'd never before experience. Essentially... play was normal with one difference: when I killed someone it was NOT reported on the top right of the screen - I had to go in a check myself.

It is very unrealistic that we are instantly told whether or not we have killed an enemy, and after playing a few rounds today without that instantanious knowledge, I realized how much more nerve-racking and REALISTIC the game is.

Could this be applied to TG servers?
    Josh -
    Some men will always be animals, while others ... they will be Men.

Re: A Novel Idea!!!

Oh wow, that WOULD be insane! I love that idea :)
    Although I never look up there anyways, hence my 3 shot deagle reloads :P

Comment

OMG, Sniper lives! That would be a change, but wouldn't you just report on the radio anyway that you killed someone?

Comment

Yes, it would require some additional radio comms, but that is part of the point....

Regardless.. you'd be surprised how unsure you'll feel EVEN AFTER WATCHING SOMEONE DROP when you are so used to a computer's confirmation.
        Josh -

Comment

That could be one of the best things that happens to this server. I think it would add a whole new dimension to tactical play- to confirm kills, to allow lone snipers to make silent escapes- I really, really hope we can impliment this in some way. And please don't let it be a server two thing only T_T

EDIT: But something just occured to me- this could easily be circumvented by checking the scoreboard to see whether the target is dead, or if you score has risen. This leads me to another idea- what if the scoreboard could be disabled until the end of the map when it automatically shows?

Comment

I agree with Priest's edited point, but it only makes things better.

I am no expert, but based on the tone PCS players set I dont see the need for us to be checking the scoreboard during play anyway. It could instead be made available during the 30 sec buy/plan time where team leaders (and individual players) could use it to give assignments.

Another point of note: This practice could give "Spectator" a whole new level of significance, as players who look to study their own play or whatever would have to step out of the game to do so. This way we will know that those who are "in the game" are paying close attention to team instruction and communication - something that would be even more valuable than ever before.
            Josh -

Comment

I'll raise this with the dev team after the new year.
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Woohoo!
                Josh -

Comment

Personally I like the idea.

You'd be left sometimes wondering if you got the guy or if he is still around the corner hurt really badly waiting to shoot you.

I'd also like to disable being able to see who's still alive on the other team when you hit <tab>.
                  Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                  Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

W00t! Another thing to look foward to next year ^^

Oh yeah,

Originally posted by JOSH
                    I am no expert, but based on the tone PCS players set I dont see the need for us to be checking the scoreboard during play anyway.

I check it periodically to see how many opposing players are remaining >.>

Comment

Originally posted by Priest
                      I check it periodically to see how many opposing players are remaining >.>
                      Many of us use it as a tool in that way. It would be interesting to see how we do without it, no?

I have my own ideas regarding the scoreboard, so I need to do some research before we take this any further.
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

crazy idea...i do use tab all the time to see how many players im against...i think i like the idea of disabling the confirmation of kills in the upper-right-hand of the screen...hmmmmm....

Comment

This is a wonderful idea. The only concern I have for it is pubbies. On server one this will definitely be another thing that drives some people away from server 1. I guess if it passes Root's inspection we'll just have to try it out and see. Btw this is the best idea that I've seen at TG in a while :) It'll really emphasizes the need for communications.

-Stasis
                          sigpic
                          Connor: We haven't really got a system of deciding who, Roc. It's, uh...
                          Rocco: Me! *Me*! I'm the guy! I know everyone! Their habits, who they hang
                          out with, who they talk to! I've got phone numbers, addresses! I know who
                          they're screwing! I know where they live! We could kill *everyone.*
                          Murphy: So what do you think?
                          Connor: I'm strangely comfortable with it.
                          *The Boondock Saints*

Comment

Of course, with the abiility to finally make silent kills, the value of knife kills goes up.

Comment

I love the idea. Love it very much. :-D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse