Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pub Mania

i am going to come out and say damn....

Lately i have been playing on the server 1 as im not pcs proven (i practice pcs exclusively) and all i run into is pub mania. Most of the regulars are fine but the pubs come in and dont want to listen. We dont have any way of enforcing our motd besides saying type motd and follow it.

We lead by example but the pubs dont care and ruin our training. We used to have a way to handle this situation when a full admin was not present but that was taken away due to the minority of those who had it abusing it and people found to to be playing pcs.

I think its time that T-Admins were reinstated on server 1 to prevent pubby mania. It sickens me when i see it and when people leave because of the pubs.

This is your very pcs friendly player asking for some additional tools at our disposal. It worked before, and it can work again so please reinstate t-admin powers not to supporting members but to people you admins choose who lead by example and play pcs game style. Some people you have played with and can trust will play pcs.

This is by no means a complaint thread against admins its a thread for help. Admins can really only help either when they come on and see the damage being done or after the fact when we tell them steam id's which still allows us to be abused by the pub mania. Admins im just asking for you to choose right hands for when ur not present to help maintain the integrity of the communities server. -|TG|Balboaemt
    Tank: "What do you need, besides a miracle?"
    Neo: "Guns. Lots of guns."

I r pwnt in the facehole, u r teh winz0rz!

-Mom

Re: Pub Mania

This is probably the 100th "OMFG the server is turning to publand" threads I've seen since I have become an admin.

In all that time, I have never been PMed, IMed, emailed, or called on teamspeak.

The SOPs are clear enough I think. Call an admin.

Comment

Balb has a point and it is made sharper due to the fact that his impetus in posting this "cry for help" came when we were playing on the same server. The pubbies were going crazy!!!!! (I DID send two PMs to Root btw :) )

HOWEVER, I DO NOT think temp. admin status is necessary. There are three reasons:
      A) Yes pubbies come on all the time but it RARELY gets as bad as Balb and I recently saw - they mostly leave or come around to our style of play.
      B) Rushers can be dealt with via INTER-TEAM COMMUNICATION. If a T is rushing.. PCS Ts can warn CTs of the rush and even give intel as to where they are coming from -- they will get wiped out and CTs will ENJOY the slaughter.
      C) Even ONE abusive temp. admin does more damage than 100 pubbies. The pubbies will leave after 5 min of annoyance. Temp admins are there to stay.
      Josh -
      Some men will always be animals, while others ... they will be Men.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
        Call an admin.
        I have (almost) every admin for CS on my trillian...what happens when an admin isnt home? We send a PM to root/vulc/you and report them...I do this alllll the time. Its the only way we can prevent them from coming back...but we call an admin/t-admin for almost every single situation...yesterday it got really bad....i believe balboa got steam IDs and sent them in...we tried to get them to stop rushing...we pointed them to the MOTD, to the forums...all they did was rush rush rush.....we explained objectives....ah well...to thick headed pubbies, it really doesn't mean ANYTHING...

my point is this:
        1)not enough admins/T-admins
        2)Yesterday was really bad. . .
        3)What can we do when there are no admins available? short answer: nothing

Comment

True, but there is absolutly no way that we are giving every SM temp-admin power again, so i'm guessing only PCS-Proven players will get temp-admin status.

Comment

AFAIK, there are admins around all the time: many of the BF2 admins are CS:S admins as well....and they are always on Teamspeak. There may be nights where the most active CS:S admins are not around, but I'm sure that others can be found.

Comment

OMG--- PLEASE DO NOT BRING BACK THE DAYS OF THE 1000 ADMINS!

Really guys... take a step back... there is PLENTY of kicking and banning going on on our server. You get TOO strict and you end up with BIG BROTHER.

If rushers are on my team.. i'll warn you and TELL YOU WHERE THEY ARE. If they are on your team, well.... They are dead anyway. :)
              Josh -
              Some men will always be animals, while others ... they will be Men.

Comment

Im not asking for a 1000 admins. Im asking the powers that be to appoint <*a select few individuals*> that can be counted on to handle business when the time is needed. most pubbie servers have an admin there that slays u constantly if u play pcs why cant we handle the pubs. We reported them but it doesnt solve the problem that we have the issue and have to deal with it when a solution besides allowing them to walk all over us is on the table. Select a few responsible individuals who regularly play that can help maintain the madness and maybe taking a look at members here who are well deserving of the pcs tag so that the population can move to server 2 if it goes to crap in server 1

thanks |TG|Balboaemt

-Mom

Comment

I have all the CSS Admins/T-Admins in one group on my AIM, so I can message them all at once - repeatedly! Muahahahah!

Comment

Originally posted by poe
                    I have all the CSS Admins/T-Admins in one group on my AIM, so I can message them all at once - repeatedly! Muahahahah!
                    I'm sure this is pretty n00b, but is there a centralized list of CSS admins and their AIM s/n, and/or preferred method of contact (other than forum PM)

Comment

Originally posted by girlscoutcookie
                      I'm sure this is pretty n00b, but is there a centralized list of CSS admins and their AIM s/n, and/or preferred method of contact (other than forum PM)

I'd be happy to get a copy of that list too >.>

My only suggestion, and I dunno if mani can do this, would be to add a votekick and limit it to Steam ID's not registered with TG, That way non-admin players could help with the pubbie problems.

Comment

Here for a list of admins. See their profile for various contact methods.
                        http://www.tacticalgamer.com/counter...er-admins.html

Comment

Originally posted by poe
                          Here for a list of admins. See their profile for various contact methods.
                          http://www.tacticalgamer.com/counter...er-admins.html

Thanks much.

I still hate you tho, Poe >.<

Comment

I'm troubled that we continue to get so many threads, asking questions that are already answered.

Unfortunately, page_admin isn't working at the moment. I'm sure Pokerface will fix it as soon as he can.

Mateo and Poe have covered contacting admins.

I am adding temp admins as I see the need, AND as I find suitable candidates.

I understand that you (the players) get frustrated when you get an incident and there are no admins available. That said, are you exhausting all your options trying to find an admin? Vulcan is AFK for a few weeks as it's xmas, but over the course of the year, he's almost always on MSN during peak hours. He provides all the cover we need on his own. In addition, the rest of the admins and temps are around often enough.
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Thank you root. All i ask is for some sanity when no other admin is on. I know you will choose appropiate candidates for temp admin.

-Mom

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X