TG CS 1.6 Server or similar?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG CS 1.6 Server or similar?

I'm sure this subject has been discussed before, but I'm a bit new and none of my forum searches turned up anything.

The number of family members who enjoy CS outnumbers the CS:S capable computers in my household... My little sister (11) just got a laptop for Christmas (800Mhz PIII, can't play CS:S) and wants to start playing CS again. For a great multitude of reasons, I don't want to tell her to just find a pub and start playing. Is it possible for TG to host a CS 1.6 server or does anyone know of a 1.6 server with similar standards as TG? I'm looking for a place where we can play tactically, without the fraghappy pubbies.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, and as I said before upgrading to CS:S isn't an option... Thanks,

Girlscoutcookie
    (Jihad Joe)

Re: TG CS 1.6 Server or similar?

This is as good as it gets for CS, they host the best CS server I know of, and many of their members are respected in the TG community.
    http://www.deadmen.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by .143 Beth©
      This is as good as it gets for CS, they host the best CS server I know of, and many of their members are respected in the TG community.
      http://www.deadmen.co.uk/
      We only host Condition Zero these days, but I don't think the sys reqs are that different. Unfortunately, we only play on Fridays, 20-22 GMT...

Damn you, Bf2! :icon_mad:

Comment

I wouldn't be opposed to hosting a CZ server (tactical shield ftw).

However, I really don't see that we could justify it at the moment. I'm fairly certain that the box we currently use wouldn't be up to hosting a third server. Maybe this is something that can be looked at in the future.
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Thank you, root. Maybe you'll get the chance to be pwned my an 11yo girl sometime soon ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by girlscoutcookie
            Thank you, root. Maybe you'll get the chance to be pwned my an 11yo girl sometime soon ^_^
            If she ever gets tired of schooling you?
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
              If she ever gets tired of schooling you?

Rooted. Also, I would be very happy with the idea of a CZ server, I was just wondering the other day if Source would be adding the Tac Sheild. I had a good 2 months experience admining a constantly packed clan server (24 players too) and I'm kinda starting to miss the feel of CZ in a controlled environment. The server wasn't excatly PCS, the only rule is MAKE TEH OBJECTIVE HAPPEN, NOW. Staying back and scouting on assault was punishable by uuberslap, but it was still better than killing the other guys ftw. Btw Root, if you've never had the pleasure of using AMX for CZ, you're in for a treat. Rockets, fire (good for a largely disruptive team, it spreads), slap, uuberslap (100 slaps, usually picks the player off the ground and slaps him around the map), and 4 different variety of outright slays ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Priest
                Btw Root, if you've never had the pleasure of using AMX for CZ, you're in for a treat. Rockets, fire (good for a largely disruptive team, it spreads), slap, uuberslap (100 slaps, usually picks the player off the ground and slaps him around the map), and 4 different variety of outright slays ^^
                And here I was wondering if root would ever come up with more ways to "accidentally" slay me/slap me/set fire on me/nuke me.

Ah...good times acometh...
                -Zephyr
                You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                We are not a single game.
                We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Before anyone gets carried away here, let me quote an earlier post in this thread :

Originally posted by Root
                  I really don't see that we could justify it at the moment. I'm fairly certain that the box we currently use wouldn't be up to hosting a third server.
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X