Server 1 Teams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 1 Teams

Would it be possible to put together some type of draft whereby team captains are made and each captain takes turns picking players until formal teams are picked?

I dont know if it is practical or if this had already been thrown out (i'm sure its been brought up), but it would be cool to have a few guys to go into an empty server and train with. Ben and I used to do it in order to get proficient with diff. weapons.

Tournaments would be the next logical step.
    Josh -
    Some men will always be animals, while others ... they will be Men.

Re: Server 1 Teams

Thats called a captains game....we used to do it fairly frequently...then came the BF2

Comment

As it currently stands, it would be difficult to get a Captain's game together on server 1.

Considering the players that have been on of late, just organizing the teams would result in much kickage/bannage.

Comment

I don't think he means in-server captains games, I believe he means permanent squads, teams what have you, that way it can build up to tournaments with set teams etc.

Comment

If people want to band together and always try and be on the same side, thats something they can probably do on their own. But an official vanilla game team system would be overkill.

Comment

Let me put it this way... if I can get a few guys together who are willing to spend some of their CS time refining a few skills in an empty server and then work together in actual play... I and my team are more likely to win and have fun.

The more we play together, the better and more unstoppable we get, the more fun we have watching other groups scurrying around into their own unofficial groups in order to stand a chance.

Some type of unofficial team structure will give the game more dynamic and make it more fun.

Side Point: ( How fun would it be to designate a TG Dream Team that from time to time invades other servers to show the idiots out there how its done. :) Of course, we'd have to make sure we were ALWAYS Ts to avoid the rushing problem.)

Once again.. I'm just trying to make the game a little more dynamic.
            Josh -

Comment

You can make an unofficial one all you'd like. I'd just assume that the admins would not themselves organize a structure to partition off members into specific groups for normal play.

Comment

To clarify: teams are not frowned upon, but are hard to implement unless there is a Tournament, or scheduled Captain's Game going on.

As an admin, am I supposed to kick half a team simply because someone requests to get all their team on the same side? And what happens to those players that get kicked if they are not supporting members?

If you want to put a team together, go ahead, but it will have to be informal as admins will not recognize it.

In fact, if a dedicated team shows up on a regular basis, and starts owning, we are more likely to balance the teams accordingly to ensure that everyone has a good time.

There are plenty of CAL servers out there for teams to practice on, I think.

There is a Scrimmage coming up, in the next week or so, but the teams are already chosen. After that, there will be a full-on Tournament.

Comment

What are CAL servers?
                  Josh -

Comment

its a league for CS...sorta like the minor leagues in baseball...

edit: people are supposed to be impressed when you say "oh yeah, i played CAL"

but they really arnt because its not that cool...ive played with cal guys and non cal guys...its really no different....

Comment

Originally posted by JoshZeitlin
                      Side Point: ( How fun would it be to designate a TG Dream Team that from time to time invades other servers to show the idiots out there how its done. :)
                      Here's the team:
                      1. TheFeniX - Team leader: planning and lagging out at critical moments.
                      2. Wyzcrak - 2nd in command: takes the blame when we lose, leaves for NS.
                      3. Mateo - Sniper: buys scout, dies, I steal scout.
                      4. Cingular - Spec Ops: tries to flank, dies, leaves for BF2.
                      5. Apophis - Rear guard: perma-bans wyz when we lose, leaves for BF2.
                      6. Root - resource aquisition: namely, collecting all the enemy lead ("You take the point").

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                        Here's the team:
                        6. Root - resource aquisition: namely, collecting all the enemy lead ("You take the point").
                        yep. that pretty much does it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                          Here's the team:
                          Like all good comedy, that has the ring of truth.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X