Admins on S1 (or lack thereof)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admins on S1 (or lack thereof)

My has the level of playing gone far down on server one. People insist on doing there own thing, and there is little to no conformity. I try very hard to get everyone into the PCS spirits, but if they refuse, there is little I can do.

I realize that not every admin has the time to pop on and smooth things out, but would it be possible to get a few admins on throughout the day in a manner that isn't so scarce? It is not only wrecking the PCS standards on server one, but is turning the server itself into more of a buzzkill than the fun times that used to be shared.

Re: Admins on S1 (or lack thereof)

Maybe they are on vaca? not really sure what to say about this but alot of times i see admins on they just are not wearing their tags. but I couldnt agree with ya more man something has changed and its very sad to see that its not what it used to be :(

Comment

I was on the yesterday and it was bad the 2 times i connected, people not listening to the the vets and swearing on the text....got so bad one time i just left...yah i know i should have gotten an admin but i guess thats my fault for not getting one...
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

I don't mean to sound like Debbie Downer or anything but the last couple time's I've played CS:S, on server one of course, it's been pretty bad. It's been dominated with newer players so I guess that would play a large part in the sub-mediocre play as of late. I mean it's to the point where I have no interest in playing anymore, unfortunately, and keep in mind that that's not the fault of anyone here.

If people don't want to learn or play the way we play there's nothing you can do short of page_admin, motd, website, etc., which truthfully has no effect most of the time.

I know Root's mentioned more t-admins coming in the near future so hopefully that will help.

For the latest on the , , and , visit the .

Comment

I was on when Ferret was on, and other than some language, there was nothing that was bannable. I won't say I didn't see problems, but nothing that couldn't be, and was, managed.

I saw some pretty brutal ownage on cs_italy by a T team that played one bad round, marked by what I consider kill hunting. I see more of that, I will start banning....but I don't think the new players are quite there yet. Many are trying to learn.

After a couple of rounds, I felt a decent level of play had been achieved, and went over to play another game. The balance shifted to mostly forum members at that time, so I did not feel that my presence was necessary.

I was on TS all night, as I am every night. I will log out of whatever I am doing, and assert order, if I understand that a problem exists.

I will not park on a server all night so that you all can call me a nazi, moan about getting owned, or otherwise feel that PCS is a method of play that allows you to shoot at your enemy without them shooting at you.

The proper procedures for bringing in an admin are there. Use them.

Comment

I guess I should've clarified, outside of last night, the level of play has been pretty, well, we'll just say mediocre. Last night wasn't bad at all (outside of getting ruined on cs_italy, lol), but the prior few times it was, like I said, it was mediocre all around. When I say mediocre I'm more or less talking about communication and players, like whistlers stated, doing their own thing. It's mostly (if not all) the new players so it's not the fault of anyone here.

I've just been losing interest in the game as of late, coupled with the headache of newer players on the server and CoD2. I also don't want to sound like an ass because, like you said Mateo, they are learning (hey we were all there at one point), it's just that you tend to get a shorter patience with it when you want to play a game of PCS, knowing server two is virtually always empty and you have little time to play the game anymore as it is...so in the little time you do get to play the game you'd obviously like to get a good PCS game without added headaches.

I imagine things will get better as the newer players adapt more and, like Root said, more t-admins in the near future.

For the latest on the , , and , visit the .

Comment

I can only say what I (and other admins) KEEP saying in various threads here.

We have superb admin coverage. Admins are available on TS, ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM, Xfire.

We keep seeing complaints in the forum, but we don't get summoned when somethings supposedly needs our attention.

You do occasionally have to get brutal with ALT and TAB if you want help on the server. Fire up an appropriate program, and (after reading the appropriate SOP on communicating info to admins), give us an appropriately worded message.

Over the course of the year, 1 admin alone provides a huge percentage of the cover we need. The rest of us are around almost 24/7 when you take time zones into account.

When you absolutely cannot find an admin, there is a SOP pertaining to complaints about player conduct. Read them (this is not optional), follow them (also not optional).
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Just to put in my 2cents here. I think ALL of you are taking this the WRONG way. This is NOT an admin issue, this isn't even a negative issue - it is an adaptive issue.

Instead of complaining that some noobs are raining on your parade and acting like PCS makes ya'll sound like a bunch of kids crying: " but its not fair!" You make PCS seem like a doctrine that ONLY works when both teams play by it. ALL of you seem to miss the fact that it should work regardless.

Guys, we WANT these noobs on our server b/c in the long run it means a more successful one. Now, for the time being we just have to figure out a way to PCS things up until they play on the level. THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY!

Its this simple, those noobs out there respond to ONE thing and ONE thing only, success. All it takes to control these noobs is a few veterans on the server demonstrating the success of PCS play IN THE FACE of non-PCS tactics.
                1. (First and foremost) Give them MOTD, website info, ect., but DO NOT get angry with them or constantly badger them about it. Be above it and ACT like you believe PCS play will win REGARDLESS of what they do. When you complain and badger them about the nature of their success it makes PCS look like bitch-play and makes them less likely to come around to it.

2. AMBUSH THE RUSHERS! If you know they will rush, USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE!!!! Pick a good spot and sit there for 5min if you have to. The point is this: allow them to see the futility of their actions. (If it is your team-mates that are doing the rushing, warn them of the consequences and trust the other team to take them out. Your ability to predict their end will give you added authority.)

3. PCS players must stick together as much as possible. Two reasons:
                a) Noobs on the "PCS team" will listen out of peer pressure
                b) b/c you need a few PCS players to be able to act out a decent ambush or tactic. Stacking most of the PCS players on the same team will allow that team to dominate the game. Noobs will respond to that success.

4. Once you have a successful domination going on, the top PCS players should switch over to the noob side. At this point, the noobs will be demoralized enough that they will treat, say, Ben|PCS-Proven| 20-4 like a G-d and LISTEN to any order he gives. THEN, when the noob team starts winning "all of the sudden," they will see the value of PCS and will listen from then on.
                Josh -
                Some men will always be animals, while others ... they will be Men.

Comment

No time to read the details (1,2,3,4), Josh, but the stuff above that is spot on. Well said.
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

o i completely agree but when a player refuses to play PCS..i was on a couple times and the noob was cuaseing problems with his own team..he was given the rules and told how the server is played, and his reponce was "i dont play like that so unless you are gonna kick/ban me stf up and play". the player was repeatedly told about TG and the rules of PCS...finally he left...and so did i being frusterated by the situation

and we do have great admin coverage......and im not saying its there fault the games where like this...in a way im blaming myself becuase im still new to the game and instead of getting it fixed i just chose to leave and let someone else deal with it....thats my fualt
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

well said Josh, especially the G-D part!
                      Lol

All I ask for is communication

Comment

Let me clarify: I was in no way stating that the admin's we have now are at fault. Instead, I was asking for a little assistance.

From now on, I will follow those procedures to contact an admin. I guess I had always felt I would have been creating a hassle, but that apparently isn't so. Would I need to go under the assumption that any particular admin will believe me that easily and drop everything they are doing to connect in-game?

Other than that, well said, Josh.

Comment

Do the have to connect ingame? Usually, ive seen them on remote and they deal with things that way.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshZeitlin
                            2. AMBUSH THE RUSHERS! If you know they will rush, USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE!!!! Pick a good spot and sit there for 5min if you have to.
                            We do this. And if it takes them 5 minutes, they're not rushing, so much as they're off-mission.

3. PCS players must stick together as much as possible. Two reasons:
                            a) Noobs on the "PCS team" will listen out of peer pressure
                            b) b/c you need a few PCS players to be able to act out a decent ambush or tactic. Stacking most of the PCS players on the same team will allow that team to dominate the game. Noobs will respond to that success.
                            And c) the new players will feel ostracized and leave.

PCS Players should buddy up with new players wherever possible, rather than leaving them out in the cold. If that costs the team a 9-0 loss that's fine; the new players will see the level of teamwork we demand and offer. They'll feel more welcome, and will more likely come back again.

At this point, the noobs will be demoralized enough that they will treat, say, Ben|PCS-Proven| 20-4 like a G-d and LISTEN to any order he gives.
                            You've got it all wrong. What counts is that certain players, Ben included, excel at planning. That's their contribution to the team effort. Even I can go 5v1 and come out alive. A high KDR alone is nothing. Treating a player like a god because they have lots of kills is exactly the opposite of PCS. We want a team thats losing 8-0 to be provoked into acting like a team. There are plenty of people who play on our servers who can get much better scores than 20-4. Most of them can't spell PCS, let along play it.

Originally posted by JoshZeitlin (numerous times)
                            noob
                            JoshZeitlin forum join date : December 2005.

ROOTed. :)
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I was on with Beth a few days ago, and me and beth came up with the buddying strategy; it worked great and we had a blast on havana.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X