Half Life 2/CS:S Install Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Life 2/CS:S Install Problems

I am having some major problems trying to activate Half Life 2 and CS:S, which I just bought today. I installed it fine, then went to activate it on Steam, which I already had installed previously. I activated it with the CD key once, and it worked out fine. The Half Life 2 menu came up, but I selected exit. I then went to go play it later, but it took me to the Half Life 2 purchase menu on Steam. I entered the CD Key again, but it said that the Steam servers were down, and they were "sorry for the inconvenience". I restarded Steam, and it said under a "purchase receipt" window that the CD key had already been activated, and my subscription to Half Life 2 Retail was not fully completed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Roses are red, Violets are blue. In Soviet Russia, Poem writes you!

Re: Half Life 2/CS:S Install Problems

You might need to take a look at www.steampowered.com

When the error message comes up, there should be a link or email address to contact valve support. I had a message once to say my CD key had already been activated. All I had to do, was scan the disc, the receipt, the cd-key and email it off to valve. I had a new cd key in less than an hour.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Re: Half Life 2/CS:S Install Problems

There's no e-mail link in the error message, and I can'y find it on the Support section at www.steampowered.com - can anyone provide me the link? If not, I'm probably going back to where I bought HL2 and getting a new copy, just doing it online would be less of a hassle.
      Roses are red, Violets are blue. In Soviet Russia, Poem writes you!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X