PCS Teachers and You...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCS Teachers and You...

A PCS teacher should be someone who can explain PCS to players in a sense that they can understand.

There are many fine points to PCS, and I'd like to touch on a few.

PCS status requires skills in more than one aspect of the game, not only are you required to play in a tactically sound manner, but you are required to communicate with your team mates and make sure that their safety in battle is at it's highest level. When one PCS player goes out, another should move behind him as a "surprise hitter." This makes for a tactically sound experience while carrying out high priority objectives.

A PCS player must also know the fundamentals and rules of PCS. You should spread your knowledge as if it were your cause. Try your best to expand the minds of players, noob and above, in the arts of PCS. This way to expand the horizons of the PCS community and expand our wonderful group of friends.

PCS players also should have a need to become a better PCS player, while still maintaining a high need for friendship inside the TG/PCS community. You should know your fellow man well enough to know what he is going to do and where he is going to go. You should be used to your comrade's voices and you should always attempt to predict where they are aiming, and what side of the hall/room they're going to shoot after. This way if someone forgets to address where they are aiming, you will have a better chance of KNOWING where you should be looking as well. Improve your gameplay and your relationships within the PCS community.

A PCS player should know only one more thing to be a dedicated and reliable team mate. TG is home. When we degrade our own name and people by doing ignorant things in game or outside of it, we degrade ourselves. PCS is an art, not a way to play.

--------

On a second note, I'd like to ask for some assistance in the server on a more regular basis. Admins are in short supply, as far as I can see, and the server is being over run again at certain times of the day. I wanted to offer an idea to possibly further control and administration of our home server. PCS Teachers are individuals who have gained enough knowledge and experience in what an admin should do in certain situations to avoid a kick/ban and teach PCS to new comers. Just a few moments ago, I, along with TG, was being insulted by a few individuals in the server. I myself do not like to watch people bad mouth my community and our ways of playing. This, as a first time offense, would deserve an administrational warning, written in pretty green letters. Second time offense, would deserve a kick, and third time a ban for about a half hour.

This kind of administrational powers should be awarded to people who are well known to the community and who pass a questionaire of what to do in certain administrational scenarios. This way the person who was the admin would not have to be a supporting member, yet would be required to be registered at the forums. This would eliminate all of the bad game play on late nights and early nights the same. Even some of the games during the day.

As a punishment given to people who break the PCS Teacher rules of conduct, the individual will be demeaned to a unregistered member state, and would be required to build his community standing back up to a certain point to be able to reapply for PCS Teacher powers.

There may be a way to incorporate community standings into forum profiles, that I have no knowledge, but if there were, it would make the requirement process a bit more fine tuned.

Just my idea on what we can do about the PCS server and it's gameplay as of late.

Edit* - Didn't think about forum reputation, not sure if it would work as community standing, or if we'd need a new system. My fault.

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: PCS Teachers and You...

I think the admins have a good grasp on which players they feel are ready to handle basic admin powers. If they start with the PCS players then they will have a good base to choose from and a new, fair group of admins that can maintain law and order on the server when a full admin is not available.

All I ask for is communication

Comment

Originally posted by Yer Mom
      Admins are in short supply
      http://www.tacticalgamer.com/399619-post7.html

Originally posted by Yer Mom
      This way the person who was the admin would not have to be a supporting member
      My understanding is that it's a rule of this community, that all admins (temp or otherwise) must be supporting members.
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Root, I think this post was taken entirely wrong. I didn't mean to complain, as I might have came off as, yet to throw an idea out there and see what happens. I apologize if I came off as complaining because of lack of admin.

-Mom
        Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X