No announcement yet.

Slow Your Roll!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Your Roll!

I'm not the best twitcher: that's how I got my "First to Die(tm)" reputation. I'm usually caught off guard by a superior twitcher while enroute to my designated position.

There are ways around this, mostly relating to changing the speed of the game.

By grabbing a pistol, and going slow, I get more kills, live longer, and have a greater liklihood of achieving the objective than just running into the grinder.

Which makes it puzzling why so many players on server 1 just run up long hall on cs_italy, or straight into bombsite A on de_aaa. What's the hurry? Do you want to sit out most of the round? How is rushing in helping your team?

Nine minutes are a mightly long time, yet players seem to think that its some type of time trial. It's not.

A more successful method of play is to play slowly, deliberately, checking corners, removing obstacles as you go. By slowing down the tempo, you control the game.

Next time you find yourself getting owned, remember: it's not how fast you get there, it's achieving the objective that counts.

So Slow your roll! Victory goes not to the swift, but those who control the battle.
    Last edited by Mateo; 01-18-2006, 12:40 PM.

Re: Slow Your Roll!

Last time I checked, round times were 9 minutes, not 7.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Mateo says:
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Patience always wins in the end. If you know when to act without hesitation anyway.

Which i dont, regardless i agree with Mateo.
        If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Currently playing under name: Bleach

unless you have a good sniper long hall...then Boom Head Shot

All I ask for is communication

There's nothing wrong with a designated team rush to catch the other half off guard, but I know what you're saying.

For the latest on the , , and , visit the .

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
              ... remember: it's not how fast you get there, it's achieving the objective that counts.
              Yup yup, this advice holds true in the bedroom as well. ;p
              If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
              with any questions or concerns.

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed