• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subway Sandwich Ads in CS:S

Slow work day.

http://arstechnica.com/articles/culture/subway-cs.ars

Let's hope that we never see these.

Re: Subway Sandwich Ads in CS:S

Thanks for sharing, Mateo. This is most interesting to me. I was just having a conversation with someone today regarding in-game advertising.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I'm not comfortable with the idea, but sometimes ads make the scenarios more realistic, i.e. sports games.

Comment

wouldnt doing this make the games cheaper for us?
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Cheaper for us, yeah right! Companies are always looking for ways to give their extra, newly generated revenue back to consumers.

Next we'll have games sponsered by major companies like all the major spots events and stadiums.

Interesting story Mateo - thanks!

Comment

Hey, different ads could freshen up certain overplayed maps...

Comment

mmmmmm.... I am hungry now

Comment

Originally posted by .143 Beth©
                mmmmmm.... I am hungry now

THEY WORKED ZOMG.

Comment

I went to Subways for a quick dinner. :row__577:

Comment

Folks, lets just remember that Supporting Members make it so that TacticalGamer isn't forced to consider these methods of paying for our servers.
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Just thinking out loud here, but if future maps made by our members, specifically for PCS play, have appropriate settings, maybe we could add TG adds.
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                        Just thinking out loud here, but if future maps made by our members, specifically for PCS play, have appropriate settings, maybe we could add TG adds.
                        That'd be cool. I have several ideas for some cool PCS maps, except I don't know where to begin learning SDK. I toyed around with it, it just seems so much more extensive than the last level maker I used, Duke Nukem 3D's build :)

Regarding ads in CS, I can't say it bothers me. I am usually too focused on the game to give any attention to an ad that changes every time the map loads. Initially, I suppose, it may catch my eye, but there is advertisement in everything nowadays (commercials, popups), something I choose to ignore. I say if they aren't changing the core game, well then let them advertise.

Comment

It's funny I have been doing alot of studying of marketing concepts recently and with the advent of TIVO and DVR people are able to record shows and fly right past the commercials so more andmore advertisers are relying on "Stealth Advertising". Product placements in all the shows. If you have ever watched the movie Truman Show you get the idea. I didn't even think about them doing it in in games. But their are whole maps out there as well...Best Buy, MC DOnalds Etc. At least we know they are advertisements and I do think they add to the sense of reality to the map.

Well I am hungry ...

Off to Subway....

MMMMM

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X