An Idea to Kick Around

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Idea to Kick Around

So, I was scrimming for a TWL match when I thought of something that would make perfect sense for TG's playstyle: Commanders. No, these would not be captains in the sense that we normally see on the servers.

My idea would really only work in a tournament match-style environment where dead spectators can only view their teammates. It also requires that the whole team use teamspeak or ventrilo, but that should pose little problem. The idea is this, have one person (the captain/commander) suicide at the start of every round and coordinate his team via a 3rd party chat program. This way he can see exactly what is going on with every member of the squad and intel is provided through one primary source.

Like the title says, it's just an idea to kick around, and I haven't thought it out entirely, but it does seem like a fun idea if it could be implemented properly. Let me know what you think pros and cons.

Re: An Idea to Kick Around

Really interesting idea
    Josh -
    Some men will always be animals, while others ... they will be Men.

Comment

conversely, you could have a commander that has full view of the map...less realistic...but much harder....i like the original idea....sounds fun

Comment

This would be neat if it were kept honest.
        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I haven't played CSS in about a year, and never on TG, but that sounds pretty cool.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
          |TG-2nd|munchkin
          Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

I used this method with Cing when we ran the first PCS training session. It worked well, but I'm not entirely convinced of it's use for matches / regular games. I say this as the biggest supporter of teams having designated commanders at all times.
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
              I used this method with Cing when we ran the first PCS training session. It worked well, but I'm not entirely convinced of it's use for matches / regular games. I say this as the biggest supporter of teams having designated commanders at all times.
              true...but these commanders dont die...they still with the players till the end...the team never loses its leadership....you could have a commander and a captain...im envisioning something of a SEAL team-in-The-Rock-with-less-rapage

got me?

Comment

Originally posted by section-8
                true...but these commanders dont die...they still with the players till the end...the team never loses its leadership....you could have a commander and a captain...im envisioning something of a SEAL team-in-The-Rock-with-less-rapage

got me?
                ...Christopher Walken? ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

I'm not a big fan of this idea. I just don't like all that much how it works... CSS maps are too small with too few players for this to result in something of a broader scale like that. It's more fitting for a game like BF2 (which has them, actually. :p ) Good suggestion, but it's not my flavor personally.

Comment

Originally posted by section-8
                  conversely, you could have a commander that has full view of the map...less realistic...but much harder....i like the original idea....sounds fun
                  >.>

<.<

*points at NS section of TG*

Comment

/me pokes Root....boo. Haven't seen ya around much. You smurfin it?

The commander idea would be nice in an RPG kinda way, but a squad "leader" ina match have a difficult time enough trying to maintain order as it is :D

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonwolf72
                      /me pokes Root....boo. Haven't seen ya around much. You smurfin it?

The commander idea would be nice in an RPG kinda way, but a squad "leader" ina match have a difficult time enough trying to maintain order as it is :D
                      Agreed. And the rock was a load of rubbish. Even a bunch of noob CS players would clear a room better than those guys.
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                        Agreed. And the rock was a load of rubbish. Even a bunch of noob CS players would clear a room better than those guys.

IT WAS A FANCY TRIP WIRE!

whatever. I wanna be that chemical geek that does cool ****...similiar...we'll see if they hire me

Comment

Originally posted by poe
                          ...Christopher Walken? ;)

check out more of my posts....its how i talk in real life...so its how i talk via text...but not in the goofy badass way of walken....

lol

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X