Diversion frustration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diversion frustration

i'd post this where it probably should go, which is in tactics discussion, but i suspect those i'm trying to reach are probably unaware there is a tactics forum..

One thing that i find completely mystifing is how a few players seem completely unable to grasp how diversions work.

It happened again a few nights ago on dust_2. The bomber calls the plan; 2 guys go off to B and create a diversion. The rest of us will go short A. (Personally, i think going short A is a mistake, as those CTs going to the diversion at B might look left on the way to B, and then see all the other Ts going short A...but that's another discussion..)

So, our team going short A make our way toward the area between the top of the ramp and the big doors toward long A.

Now this is what mystifies me. How can a diversion at B be anyway effective, if most of us going short A show ourselves at the top of the ramp and get involved in a big old gunfight? It's ridiculous. It's not rocket science to figure out that if you start firing on CTs from there, that the diversion at B, is obviously just that, a diversion.

Ideally, the only people that should be seen by any CTs are the two at B, and those ready to take short A should remain quiet, out of sight, and (for any inquisitive CTs venturing up the ramp or big doors) on guard.

Then, with luck, the 2 at B can create enough mayhem that the CTs, having seen no-one at all, start getting itchy feet, and calls from their teammates and start edging their way to B.

The second they see 1, or 2 or 8 Ts hanging around the top of short A, they are going nowhere, and the diversion immediately becomes utterly pointless.

So, next time someone calls a diversion plan, please remember that if you're with the main (no-diverting) team, and you get seen by any CTs, you are effectively wrecking the diversion plan and putting your teammates who do have the sense to keep quiet and out of sight, at risk too.

Re: Diversion frustration

This all sounds WAAAYYY to complicated. If i see a CT, i KILL, that simple....everything else detracts from my enjoyment of the game. You Brits and your planning....what did that ever get you? (Please Ignore your Empire which spanned the globe for roughly 100+ yrs)

Dirt013
    Dirt013

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt013
      This all sounds WAAAYYY to complicated. If i see a CT, i KILL, that simple....everything else detracts from my enjoyment of the game. You Brits and your planning....what did that ever get you? (Please Ignore your Empire which spanned the globe for roughly 100+ yrs)

Dirt013
      Someone tried to convince me that we haven't got an empire anymore, but i soon put him straight. We are still very much in control, we just don't make it as obvious anymore.

For instance, apart from collecting taxes, we still actually run the US just as we did before that awful Tea Party business. The whole 'Blair is Bush's puppydog' is just a smokescreen, Bush is actually our puppydog and the Whitehouse is secretly controlled by No. 10. ;)

Sorry if it was a bit verbose, but basically my point is, you shouldn't even see a CT to shoot at while the diversion is going on, if you're not in the diversion team. And if you do, then you're in the wrong place and the diversion plan is a waste of everyone's time.

Comment

Originally posted by 9 v
        For instance, apart from collecting taxes, we still actually run the US just as we did before that awful Tea Party business. The whole 'Blair is Bush's puppydog' is just a smokescreen, Bush is actually our puppydog and the Whitehouse is secretly controlled by No. 10. ;)

Either you're doing a really CRAP job, or you're trying to convince everyone that America is ripe for losing it's independence. My bet's on the latter.

Comment

good call 9v...my rule of thumb is...if im in a hurry, tying to be quiet, or the enemy is too far away to matter...if someone has their back turned...or they dont see me, i dont shoot...its just so much easier to let them run their merry way...but if they are closing in a bomb...getting close to hostages...etc...then ill shoot

Comment

I understand your frustrations 9v, but I'm going to be negative and tell you that there will never be a solution to your woes. :( Most people play for kills (It's flippen' fun!) and won't hesitate to take a shot. It's just that way and always will be.

P.S.> It really grinds my gears when the lil'kids pop out and give away the squads position. I'm sorry for calling you out, but it seems to happen way to frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by Sampson
              I understand your frustrations 9v, but I'm going to be negative and tell you that there will never be a solution to your woes. :( Most people play for kills (It's flippen' fun!) and won't hesitate to take a shot. It's just that way and always will be.
              And that is precisely what seperates the PCS-Proven, from everyone else. We play the objective, not the kill.

If you are padding your kills, and your team misses the objective: you have lost. Elimination of the other team is not the preferred way to complete a round.

Those who understand Tactical Gamer will grasp this nuance, and do precisely what 9v suggests. Those that do not will probably be comfortable with another server elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                And that is precisely what seperates the PCS-Proven, from everyone else. We play the objective, not the kill.

If you are padding your kills, and your team misses the objective: you have lost. Elimination of the other team is not the preferred way to complete a round.

Those who understand Tactical Gamer will grasp this nuance, and do precisely what 9v suggests. Those that do not will probably be comfortable with another server elsewhere.
                quoted for those who didnt read it the first time...and for those who DID to read it again....

Comment

amen

Comment

And if there are no objections to the objections at hand then let it be said and as it is said let it be so that the objection of this is said and done...

Confused as a Terrorist all alone surrounded by PCS-Proven players with no bomb 2hp and 1 round of ammo...

Now that my mind is someone clear I completly agree with 9V and TG_Mateo. The problem comes when it is not just the Normal PCS and as of yet Non-PCS Proven that are playing. Most of the time regulars do get on that server and it remains full...unfortunatly we get the new person (AKA Even newer then Me) that hop on the server and of course do not read the rules and go straight for the rush.

Warned they are and even maybe twice so...then OK they get the idea they have to work with the Team but the kill instinct is still there till someone reminds them a couple of times...Of course if they don't play along then they can be...how shall I say this "ROOT-ed" out!!! But it first must be explained to them that indeed just beyond working as a team that some times letting T's actually run by and not instictivly Shoot them in the back of the head is a greater good for the team...

I know my reply was a little off the main topic of what 9V started and more to the general replies of everyone else but I guess it boils down to teach the ones who can be taught and ROOT out the rest...LOL

I do greatly appreciate all the knowledge I am getting from everyone here...I have learned a lot in reviewing all the posts...Unfortunatly a few of the people/newbs/kids or whatever you wish to call them have not taken the time to learn the TG style of playing and must be instructed on doing so...till then our positions will be given away at times and a new plan made on the fly...

In fact when I first started playing on the servers as Shady B I had Dirts, 9V and Section 8 help me out along with some of the regulars which helped me learn and enjoy faster... Thanks!!!

O and a side not in reading so many posts I have come across many references to ROOT being the devil in disguise and that he trying to take over our souless lives through CS is there any truth to this....LOL!!! "ROOT" of all Evil and his wishing for 6 sided teams 6-6 -6 HMMM....

O well just Remeber God made Dirt and Dirt don't hurt...Well Unless Dirt has a AK/M4 or Deagle pointed at youe head....

Thanks again for all the fun...

Quest Shady

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Originally posted by Stealth Elite
                      Ahhh sooooooooooooooo much big post
                      I dont think that makes sense...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse