Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How far is tooooo far?

Hello All,

I have enjoyed playing on the TG sever for a few months now. I have learned that working with the team and using effective plans and communication is key to victory.

I have learned that you have to work the objective...But one thing that seems to come up again and yet again and brings up some debate is.. how far is too far on the map?

I understand that we are not to go spawn hunting or looking for the kill which is completely understandable. But every once in a while I hear of someone saying that a person has gone too far...

An example is Italy...last night people were questioning if they could hop into the wine cellar to check if it was clear...Responses were both Yay and Nay...

Others asked how far into the apartments they could go to check if it was clear. Some said that you could not go in at all, others said you can go in to the end of the first hall.

The hard part is I have not learned all the maps...I have learned quite a few and the spots I need to infiltrate or guard but on some of the new maps I am unsure of a hall or passageway and where it leads...I have gone down halls and been called for being "TOO FAR" on maps I am unsure of..once I accidently wound up in T-Spawn as a CT and didn't have any clue how I got there...(Forgot the name of the map, it had lots of cat walks and cargo wharehouse that T's had to plant bomb in.)

Is there a place that I can go and see a map overlay that shows limits how far a T or CT can go? Or is this just going to come with experience. If so it would help if there was someone to call upon to make the call whether yay or nay a location is to far...

I know there will be people saying that people should stick to the plan or need to stay in one spot...this in reference to maps where there are multiple ways to a bomb site... ETC.

IF I have offended the forum search engine gods I do apologize...I did try a couple of searches...Feed the Kitty...

Quest Shady

P.S
    Also for clarity sake as a CT on a bomb map and it is verified that the bomb is down do the CT jus sit and guard bomb? I understand if there is one CT left that this is a good place to watch...But if there is multiple CT do they guard entrances to where the bomb is or do they finish the job and find and Kill the T? (Which is the only way CT can win if it is a Bomb map is to kill all the Ts.) Can the CT go any where on the map? Leaving of course one guy back guarding the bomb in constant contact.

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Re: How far is tooooo far?

Originally posted by Quest Shady
    I have learned that you have to work the objective...But one thing that seems to come up again and yet again and brings up some debate is.. how far is too far on the map?
    There are no boundaries.

That said, if you are too far to get back to support your team or the objective effectively, then you should not be there.

I understand that we are not to go spawn hunting or looking for the kill which is completely understandable. But every once in a while I hear of someone saying that a person has gone too far...

An example is Italy...last night people were questioning if they could hop into the wine cellar to check if it was clear...Responses were both Yay and Nay...
    You can pop in and out without compromising the objective, but you open up the possibility that there are more CT down there than you can realistically handle. If that is the case, you just opened up the middle to a rush. Which is better for the team?

You are better off on the stairs, or near the box in the middle.

Others asked how far into the apartments they could go to check if it was clear. Some said that you could not go in at all, others said you can go in to the end of the first hall.
    Anyone past the door will get a quick kick if I am on. How can you argue that you are defending the hostages, when you leave positions where you can defend the entrance and get back to the house in order to hunt for a kill?

Is there a place that I can go and see a map overlay that shows limits how far a T or CT can go? Or is this just going to come with experience. If so it would help if there was someone to call upon to make the call whether yay or nay a location is to far...
    There is a project to get overlays together, but I doubt we would put boundaries on them to make it easier. PCS is situational at its heart. You pick it up over time

Also for clarity sake as a CT on a bomb map and it is verified that the bomb is down do the CT jus sit and guard bomb?
    Yep. Bomb down is a call for all CT to get their buttocks down there to defend the drop. You will camp that until every T has made an effort to retrieve it. Otherwise, you have lost a golden opportunity.

Hope that helps, and hope you didn't kill too many kitties. :row__644:

Comment

Quest Shady, I recommend you focus on the advice from your teammates to find out what defensive positions are appropriate for your team. This can change from round to round if your team is switching up strategies.

Ask your teammates "is it tactically smart for me to be here?" rather than "am I allowed to be here?".

I understand if there is one CT left that this is a good place to watch...But if there is multiple CT do they guard entrances to where the bomb is or do they finish the job and find and Kill the T? (Which is the only way CT can win if it is a Bomb map is to kill all the Ts.) Can the CT go any where on the map? Leaving of course one guy back guarding the bomb in constant contact.
      First of all the statement in parenthesis is incorrect. The CTs can win if the time runs out. The Ts have to come get their bomb to win. You (CTs) can secure the bomb you should definitely try to stop them from getting it back. Chasing around the last T is a boneheaded move because it totally removes the advantage you have in that situation.

Comment

Kitten down! MEDIC!

Everything Mateo and RandomGuy have said is spot on. Particularly look to players wearing the |TG| and / or |PCS Proven| tags - they're the best PCS Players here.
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Also for clarity sake as a CT on a bomb map and it is verified that the bomb is down do the CT jus sit and guard bomb? I understand if there is one CT left that this is a good place to watch...But if there is multiple CT do they guard entrances to where the bomb is or do they finish the job and find and Kill the T? (Which is the only way CT can win if it is a Bomb map is to kill all the Ts.) Can the CT go any where on the map? Leaving of course one guy back guarding the bomb in constant contact.
          Since the T's can't win without the bomb....guarding the downed bomb has become the CT's objective....play accordingly.

Dirt013

p.s. I've played with you quite a few times, you're doing well...
          Dirt013

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt013
            Since the T's can't win without the bomb....guarding the downed bomb has become the CT's objective....play accordingly.

Dirt013

p.s. I've played with you quite a few times, you're doing well...
            Exactly. Think of it like this, Shady: why go to them, when they HAVE to come to you?

You do not want them to get that bomb and plant it because it then becomes a rat race to get it defused. You never want to let that scenario play out if you can prevent it. Letting it happen would be ignorant and rather foolish, from any tactical standpoint.

And Shady, the "job" you refer to being finished isn't killing a terrorist, it is ensuring that the bomb isn't planted at either of the bombsites, something you can hinder with the fact that the bomb is now sitting at your feet.

Comment

Here we go again :P

Comment

I have a question. If there are no boundries, then what stops people from running everywhere. I understand the tactical play and i appreciate/play that way, however nothing stops others from joining the server and rushing everywhere right up to the first corner right before spawn. Basically without boundries how do you enforce the style of play? Sometimes i am on the servers and there are rushers galore and people just defend themselves by saying well there are no boundries right? Just cloudy on the enforcement of the style of play....? Also if the job isn't killing the oposition it's protecting/completing the objective then that is also another thing which is talked about yet rarelly inforced? Just curious about these "rules" and their enforcement.

Comment

Dont think it is something that could be enforced on its own. Most people I have played with are pretty good about someone saying something once and thats the last it is spoken about. I am sure there are people out there who have played with the exact opposite type of players but for the most part I think you should just play how you play and if you go too far or "out of bounds" on a map you dont know that well and someone says something just make a mental note of it for next round and the next time this map comes around. IMO anyways.

Comment

1 eyed jack, the reason you see this type of play as not being enforced is simply because the main admin group have been absent from playing consistently for a while, and you are somewhat new here.
                    When they start giving out temp admin powers soon you will see more enforcement of server policy

All I ask for is communication

Comment

I have noticed that not only in CSS but in Dystopia also. Definately helping to keep things organized.

Comment

Would you guys make up your mind? When an admin isn't on, you complain, but when we are, you all leave.

I'm on Teamspeak almost every night. You need rules enforced, that's where I will be.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                          Would you guys make up your mind? When an admin isn't on, you complain, but when we are, you all leave.

I'm on Teamspeak almost every night. You need rules enforced, that's where I will be.

i LOVE having an admin on...love love love it! if you notice, whenever an admin is in game, i am CONSTANTLY sending @ reports... letting that person know who is causing trouble...who is afk...etc etc...i LOVE it...9v was on the other night and I stayed longer than I should (crew-rest is a bastage)..just for the sake of having an admin...not that there are rules that need enforcing 24/7...just 23/7...sometimes this can be cleared up by PCS players...sometimes it cant...I dont know who leaves when the admins join..but, i do know how to solve that problem....

more admins/T-admins

Comment

Originally posted by Ben
                            the reason you see this type of play as not being enforced is simply because the main admin group have been absent from playing consistently for a while.
                            Since when? Mateo is usually around on TS, Vulcan lives on MSN, Wyzcrak is physically connected to his PC, Fenix and Cingular can often be found in #tacticalgamer (as well as Wyz), I'm on all 5 IM networks, plus IRC, and in addition I monitor the server in real time via remote. On top of that, other admins can often be found in various TS channels. PLUS, page_admin has now been fixed. Additionally, there are temp admins (Phantom is often on IM).

If things get apocalyptic, Apophis is often around on IM and TS. He's extremely busy, so shouldn't be disturbed for anything that's not on par with NORAD dectecting a definite nuke launch.

We're still getting very few reports of problems via IM, and we keep repeating the above info on where admins hang out. It's down to the players who are seeing problems to do something about it. If hitting ALT+TAB and firing up another program is too much effort for anyone, then I'm not concerned about the problems that player is suffering.
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X