Skins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skins

Is there any possibility of uploading some new skins to the server? The GIGN has good potential I think, it's just the bright yellow target on the head that makes it useless.

I found some neat reskins of it:

Realism
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/?section=vi...kins.main.7790

CS 1.6
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/?section=vi...kins.main.8357

CSCZ
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/?section=vi...kins.main.8355

SWAT
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/?section=vi...kins.main.8946

Star Wars :)
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/?section=vi...kins.main.7841

Re: Skins

haha, i love the Clone Trooper skin!

the Realism, and the SWAT one isn't half bad either

Comment

Originally posted by Priest
      Whoever made that needs to decide whether it's a clone or a stormy. That link leads to a mess.

There's little point in adding any skins to the server right now, because they're still not working properly since Valve released a second skin for each team. I'm trying to figure out if mani has released an update to fix it, but judging by the steam forums, the news isn't good.
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I think its set during the third episode, where the clones are starting to look (and begin behaving) more and more like the storm troopers.

Comment

Originally posted by whistler's mother
          I think its set during the third episode, where the clones are starting to look (and begin behaving) more and more like the storm troopers.
          i agree, it does seem like a cross between the Clones and the Storm Troopers

either way...it looks damn cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Root
            There's little point in adding any skins to the server right now, because they're still not working properly since Valve released a second skin for each team. I'm trying to figure out if mani has released an update to fix it, but judging by the steam forums, the news isn't good.
            Woah, has my computer done something right? My skins have been working for a little over a month 0.o

And oh yeah, now that I know you're a nerd, I think you'll like this:
            http://www.fpsbanana.com/?section=vi...kins.main.8095

BTW: you should add this to the server and use at as your personal skin:
            http://www.fpsbanana.com/?section=vi...kins.main.4975

PPPPPS: I just found this looking for the rebel skin. It should make you happy.
            http://www.fpsbanana.com/?section=vi...kins.main.8419

One last one: Dear God, could this skin be used for punishment or SOMETHING!?
            http://www.fpsbanana.com/?section=vi...kins.main.7612

Comment

Originally posted by Priest
              BTW: you should add this to the server and use at as your personal skin:
              http://www.fpsbanana.com/?section=vi...kins.main.4975

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Priest again.

LOL Now that I'd like to see.

Comment

Originally posted by whistler's mother
                You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Priest again.
                No prob - I just took care of his rep. The chubby was pretty hysterical, and the stormy looked like a hard b'stard.
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                  No prob - I just took care of his rep. The chubby was pretty hysterical, and the stormy looked like a hard b'stard.
                  Yay XD

I thought the chubby was bloody hilarious XD

Comment

looks more like a chubby midget CT from what i keep seeing, lol

Comment

The cubby is a smashed ct or a fat man
                      :: Signature removed by administration - File no longer exists at putfile.

Comment

Okay, I think this is starting to annoy me in more than one way. The first is technical. On maps where I previously had no problem (like de_view), I am getting serious frame rate issues. In fact, I'm experiancing jerkiness in all maps. This didn't happen at all before the new skins were added (remember, I haven't been playing here for a while, so I'm only now noticing this). My FPS is going from what was a steady 60 maybe dropping to 30 to a steady 30 often dropping to 10. My guess is that having to keep in memory and render up to 5 extra high resolution textures at distance is one reason for this.

My second problem is that the skins make the two teams too similar looking. This doesn't mean more TKs... on the contrary, I've found myself several times not shooting at a player because I thought they were on my team. I realize that I need to get used to the skins, but this is a complaint that is still heard from people who have played with them for a while.

I propose 2 solutions: a client side ability to disable the extra skins (I think if I just change the extra ones that it will still be pulling up 5 different instances of that texture, and don't we have consistancy enabled?), or map specific skins pre chosen, so that on some maps all T's are one skin and CT's all another. Or maybe even an option between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                          My second problem is that the skins make the two teams too similar looking. This doesn't mean more TKs... on the contrary, I've found myself several times not shooting at a player because I thought they were on my team. I realize that I need to get used to the skins, but this is a complaint that is still heard from people who have played with them for a while.
                          I have no problem with you using your brain to decide whether potential targets are, in fact, team mates. If skins are going to slow gameplay down a notch, then they're a success in my book.

I propose 2 solutions: ..... or map specific skins pre chosen, so that on some maps all T's are one skin and CT's all another.
                          This is something I've briefly considered in the past. The idea already has the Root stamp of approval, but I have yet to find out if it's possible on a technical level. So far, I'm not scoring many points when it comes to ideas.
                          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

If gameplay is slowed down, it shouldn't be done so artificially. Now, the game is beginning to reward players who dont distinguish so much, and punish those who confirm their targets more thoroughly.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that you could implement a settings script for each map that only gave the option of switching to a particular skin, and that didn't have an exit key, forcing them to choose.

1. Choose CT skin - Urban Grey
                            then
                            1. Choose T skin - none

Comment

If gameplay is slowed down, it shouldn't be done so artificially. Now, the game is beginning to reward players who dont distinguish so much, and punish those who confirm their targets more thoroughly.
                              The autoslay for TK's balanced that out, no? Overall, the autoslay wasn't deemed right, so we're left to find another way. I could reduced sv_maxspeed, but that's a different thread.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that you could implement a settings script for each map that only gave the option of switching to a particular skin, and that didn't have an exit key, forcing them to choose.
                              Kark, it's possible to have a .cfg per map, in which we can specify things like c4timer, freezetime, etc. If you have the time and inclination to research this, you may be able to find the line I need to force a particular player model. As long as such a solution allows for a custom model AND marpat on each team, I'm happy to trial it on one of the servers. I'm inclined to do this on server 1, and leave server 2 as it is. There are maps where there may be tactical value in players selecting different skins based on the routes they are instructed to take.
                              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X