#tacticalgamer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #tacticalgamer

Don't forget we have an IRC channel, where many of your fellow malcontents hang around, trading insults and more insults with each other.

You'll need an IRC client. The most common ones are mIRC, GAIM and Trillian.

If you use trillian for IM, you can use this guide.

There's some general info about IRC here.

And if you get stuck, Squeak is the mouse to PM.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: #tacticalgamer

It's just another way to manage camaraderie.

Do join us.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Is this just one big chat channel? Or do I have to talk to everyone individually?

Comment

One big channel.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

IRC (Instant/Internet Relay Chat??) is essentially a very big chat room, for more info, check Root's links.

I hate you Wyz, we even have the same time stamp, Admin Abuse!

Comment

LOL:

[19:43] *** Obyone has joined #TacticalGamer.
            [19:44] Obyone: so this is IRC
            [19:49] *** Obyone has signed off IRC (Quit: May the farce be with you).
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

lol, I saw that too...

guys stick around instead of just poping for a few. IRC is generally something you just leave running in the backround and peek in on to see if anything is going on.
              Steam Community: | |

Comment

I would get on but my college network blocks IRC so i am without it.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                  LOL:
                  lol, yeah I thought maybe I had entered an empty chat room or something.

Btw, Trillian is really good. I was surprised.

Comment

trillian works really well for IRC once you figure out how to get it running properly.
                    Works well for all those pesky IM programs also, for that matter.
                    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I use Trillian for IRC, AIM, MSN, ICQ, YAHOO, and Google Talk. XFire is the only other IM software I run, and I'd like to have it in Trillian, too, one day.

There have been times when I've considered another client for IRC, as Trillian's is VERY vanilla, but nothing has driven me to action. At the end of the day, Trillian lets me talk to people, and it does it very well, and, typically, that's all I'm trying to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                        I use Trillian for IRC, AIM, MSN, ICQ, YAHOO, and Google Talk. XFire is the only other IM software I run, and I'd like to have it in Trillian, too, one day.

There have been times when I've considered another client for IRC, as Trillian's is VERY vanilla, but nothing has driven me to action. At the end of the day, Trillian lets me talk to people, and it does it very well, and, typically, that's all I'm trying to do.
                        GAIM ftw. Trillian was always too slow and took up too much memory than it should for me. GAIM boots up relatively instantly, nice and simply, pretty, and there's no ridiculous "Pay for Trillian PRO!"

GAIM supports:
                        AIM
                        YAHOO
                        Gadu-Gadu
                        GroupWise
                        IRC
                        Jabbe
                        MSN
                        Napster
                        SILC
                        SIMPLE
                        Sametime
                        Comment

add xfire to that list....
                          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                          -Vulcan

Comment

Can I drive GAIM from my mobile phone when I'm at a red light?

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
                              I would get on but my college network blocks IRC so i am without it.
                              As does mine, but I'm an eternal source of IRC Spam for TG, err... a "commited member of the PIRC community"... Anyways, my actual point is one of the two following points:

1) Root is Welsh.
                              or
                              2) One of the servers on the Gamesurge Network, where TG IRC finds its home, is NuclearFallout.WA.US.GameSurge.net and provides access on the non-standard port of 5960 to allow in most cases for avoidance of those silly school blockings of IRC. So just point your IRC client over to NuclearFallout.WA.US.GameSurge.net port 5960 to join up with endless fun that is TG IRC, and maybe some day you too shall become PIRC-Proven.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X