What to Do in this situation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to Do in this situation?

Ok the map is Italy, You are a T and you are the last person left to guard hosties. There is only one CT left and he tagged the bottom hosties and here that they have been rescued. At this point i am on the top floor and watching the hosties. I have several options in defending them here they are!

a) Wait there by the balcony and wait for them to get tagged then go in for the kill.
    b) Wait in the hostie room and expect to get flashed and killed.

I am asking you this bcuz there are several ppl who consider waiting elsewher(ie by the middle or near cellers) off objective. I realize that gaurding the hosties is the main objective, but aint getting them away from the extaction point also. i guess what i am trying to say here is...CAN WE BE ELSEWHERE OTHER THAN THE HOSTIE HOUSE IN THIS SITUATION?
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: What to Do in this situation?

Only if you have a reputation of being PCS. Personally, I might chance going somewhere else, though it'd be hard to find a spot where you wouldn't be caught off guard, and yet could see all around the house. Probably in that little corner by the middle stairs, opposite to the left of the window. And I would most likely 'get away' with it. I don't quite know if you would, but it would most likely be affected by the mood of any admin on, and their personal opinion of you.

In short, it's perfectly valid to not be right by the hostage. You fail the secondary objective (keep the CT's completely away from the hosties) to greatly increase the chance of success of the primary objective (keep the hosties from CT spawn). Just know you may be chastised.

The quote from DeRanger in Root's sig is a good pointer for this and other situations.

Comment

Neither are smart spots to be honest w/ you. I dont know ANYONE who would touch the hosties w/o checking the balcany first.

One thing you must keep in mind in that position is the following: no matter where you choose to defend from (i'm not giving away my prefered choice in this position - happens too often), no matter where you are, there is only ONE point that the CT must pass to evac hosties - right outside the front door.

CTs MUST go pass the outside of front door to evac the hosties (they will either exit the front door or jump off balcany roof - either way, same area.

As long as you AT LEAST cover this choke point, even if you let the CT by you, he cant get out w/o killing you.
      Josh -
      Some men will always be animals, while others ... they will be Men.

Comment

The thing is, if your position is too far away, he doesn't need to get far to get past your firing area, and unless you are down in long hall (which I suspect is where you would hide), you might have trouble cutting him off should you get past. You double your chances of catching him if you make sure he has to get by you twice before he wins by watching all possible entrances.

Comment

I'd try your luck in the bottom floor of the house, you can watch the front door and you'll hear any CTs jumping on the crates to get in the window.

Comment

I was thinking somewhere, if you had a long range weapon(ie a m4, awp, or scout). Maybe at the end of apartments. Even if you miss there are PLENTY of spaces to out flank him. But the question still remains are all those techniques you described and mine considered "PCS"?

Comment

PCS means you put the Primary objective above all, and the secondary objective above all else, and using both teamwork and communication in doing so. If you are alone, the last two are stricken out. If you think you have a better chance of completing your primary objective then take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy
                I was thinking somewhere, if you had a long range weapon(ie a m4, awp, or scout). Maybe at the end of apartments. Even if you miss there are PLENTY of spaces to out flank him. But the question still remains are all those techniques you described and mine considered "PCS"?
                You better be a damn good/quick shot to hit them from the apartment area. I've thought of it myself, but ruled it out based on the time constraint required to pull off the shot. (Keep in mind hosties will be jumping around too - hit one and you get kicked).

If you want to play tactical but none-PCS style... you could use the apartment idea as an ambush point from which to watch the CT approach. You'll never be expected there, and you'd be in a PERFECT position if he decides to come from Apartments or middle. However, you'll have to be alert if he chooses LH; in which case, you'll have to run fast to come up behind him. I've done this before - its part of why i'm not PCS, but its why I win.
                Josh -
                Some men will always be animals, while others ... they will be Men.

Comment

I don't think its a sound tactic, to run that far away just to try and snipe the CT.

You started this saying that you are upstairs, and the CT has tagged the bottom hossies. You have just a couple seconds to do something before he either heads upstairs or evec's the ones he has.

I would either prepare for an upstairs battle, or possibly jump down and cover the only exits from the hossies house from the top of the long hall, maximum at the tree in the long hall.

(If the CT doesn't go down long hall and you are as far as the tree you would probably have lost the round.)
                  Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                  Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

I typically use the stairs as the best chokepoint, they can't nade you but you can nade them. It's also easier to aim down than for them to aim up. Just watch your shadow casting down. You can also watch the window at the same time.

Going out as far as has been said is just ridiculous unless you like risking the win, which is not a sound tactic.

- -

Comment

The thing I don't like about being upstairs is that I've seen plenty of CT's win in that position. You would be less vulnerable if you were by the middle stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshZeitlin
                        CTs MUST go pass the outside of front door to evac the hosties (they will either exit the front door or jump off balcany roof - either way, same area.

As long as you AT LEAST cover this choke point, even if you let the CT by you, he cant get out w/o killing you.
                        Exactly. That said, there's better cover from flashbangs inside the house. I'd frown upon anyone risking the objective by covering from the apartment. If you're going to die, at least stop the CT from getting as far as tagging the last two hostages.
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

But if the CT tags and your on the Balcony(to get cover from the falsh bangs) and heads back down stairs, can you then jump down and take cover by the wall on the side of the boxes(near window) and get him there. If for some reason you didnt get him, could you then try to "flank" throught the middle or possibly all the way around apartments w/o them being any the wiser? I understand what you are saying root, about objective of them to NOT tag the hosties, but dont you think that sometimes that is no the BEST way to go about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy
                            I understand what you are saying root, about objective of them to NOT tag the hosties, but dont you think that sometimes that is no the BEST way to go about it?
                            Personally, I've never been in that position through design. With regard to racing the CT's back to spawn, there really isn't much of a time difference in any of the routes. Choosing pursuit over prevention can easily lead to a CT victory.
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I remember one time that me and ninja were covering apartments when the CT's made a sudden rush down long hall. As we heard our team say "lh rush, get here", we already saw the CT's pouring into the house, and they greatly outnumbered me and ninja. The rest of our team was soon dead, so we hightailed it back to CT spawn in hope of cutting them off. Unfortunately, after a nice shoot-out, they had 1 guy left who managed to finish off me and ninja, but they never actually 'rescued' the hostages.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X