Team Kills???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Kills???

What happened to dying for killing a teammate? They were several times the other night in which I was killed and shot by my own teammates(both PCS and noobs). Im not trying to sound like a jerk, but I thought by dying for killing a teammate was a good PCS move. This will make you watch your fire and avoid throwing lousy nades! I realize that in the heat of battle it will be accidental...but it will cut down on "Spraying". I dont know if this was a such a good move. What do you guys think?
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: Team Kills???

I think the server is strict enough.
    Josh -
    Some men will always be animals, while others ... they will be Men.

Comment

The problem is that new people who just got on the server may venge slay when they run onto a pile of nades which were clearly announced. Then there may be re-venge slays, where someone TK's for being 'unjustly' slayed. And then there is the problem where one death would equal 2, and this could severely cripple a team's effort.

It has some possible good, but would be way open for abuse and as a source of trouble.

Comment

My point was that alot of ppl need to watch there fire, instead of "spraying a room" and killing or injuring everything in sight. I don't think that this is a "strict" factor, but common sense issue. I see where Karkianman is comin from. But the fact still remains the majority of TK's are not from nades, but bullets.

Comment

And currently I believe we have in place a deterrent... when a player shoots a teammate, damage is reflected. I think. Cause on penstock recently I accidentally shot a teammate in the back of the head with a shotgun, shot an enemy in the front of the head, both died, and I blew up.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
            And currently I believe we have in place a deterrent... when a player shoots a teammate, damage is reflected. I think. Cause on penstock recently I accidentally shot a teammate in the back of the head with a shotgun, shot an enemy in the front of the head, both died, and I blew up.
            If that were true, killing a teammate would most likely kill you as well. That is, unless that teammate had less health than you do.

I dont think that is true - I think there was an admin watching.
            Josh -
            Some men will always be animals, while others ... they will be Men.

Comment

No, as it was instantaneous. But I think it also depends on circumstance, maybe, like happening within 1 minute of the round starting or something.

Comment

I've seen it happen where people TKing have died for shooting teammates. As best I understand it, it only goes off when you do a significant amount of damage in TK in a short period of time (person died while shooting me, did almost 75 health worth of damage to me before being hit by it)
                Assuming that's the way it is, it's probably set that way to eliminate slaying for accidentially hitting somebody and only really effects intentional TK's (or TK's where people really, really aren't paying attention)
                a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

There was a an autoslay for a TK, but that was turned off quite recently as it was felt it was a step away from realism. That and if someone ran out stupidly in front of your LoF then you would be unfairly slayed. It did have the effect of making people more aware of their teammates location - especially after the introduction of the newer, harder to differentiate, models - and therefore less TK's overall, but at a price.

It still works for spawn TK's, as there's obviously no reason why anyone should be TK'ing in spawn (i think it's actually determined by the time rather than location, but i'd have to check on that.)

Comment

9V hit it right on the button!!!

Comment

I didn't like the autoslay since it wasn't realistic and could have the effect of punishing the whole team for one player's mistake.

Being TK'd doesn't bother me so much when it's someone that's playing cooperatively and makes a mistake. It's the guys from the pubs (and elsewhere) who just want the high KDR that tic me off.

But without an admin present to handle such players, I'd rather put up with the TKs than the autoslay.

EZ
                      EZKill d.b.a. EZ

Comment

Well, and it's not like it takes much to get an admin onto CSS1 with a simple page admin to take care of the smacktard factor.
                        a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                        Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                        Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                        Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                        Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

OK, There was a reason why I didnt mention "Realism". Of course getting auto-killed for TK isnt real...but if you want REALISM, You wouldnt shoot your own teammates. If being in the military taught me anything is ALWAYS know where the muzzle of your weapon is at. Sure I realize that ppl run into you LoF, but there is a simple solution to that....LET GO OF THE MOUSE KEY! It aint all that hard. I really dont mean to sound like a jerk or anything, but it really is quite simple...I understand that there may be a few freak occurances, but for the most part, its your fault.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X