VIP for NON PCS players?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIP for NON PCS players?

Im going to talk for ALOT of non-PCS players here...I think we should throw in a VIP map every once and a while for server 1. I know its on server 2 alot, and want to try it out. I'm not trying to start a petition here...but how many of you NON-PCS players want to play VIP in a TG Server? For those PCS provens out there, how would you like that also?
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: VIP for NON PCS players?

The only way I maybe see this happening is the occasional admin mapswitch to VIP only....and even then I'd say it's not very likely. But yeah, sure, I'd like to play VIP. Maybe schedual a few VIP rounds for a given day, lock the server during that time and make people get the p-word via SOP-like thread? dunno, an idea.
    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

good idea. put it on server one but dont put the VIP maps in the rotation...that way the only way we play on server 1 is with an admin. I think we need to let the non-provens experience VIP mode on TG...

Comment

even if it happens, i doubt it'll happen often

after all, chances state the admins will only switch to VIP maps when they see that all players are following the rules, and are communicating very well

which from i've seen, has been very scarce on server 1

Comment

Sure, I'd like to see it on server 1. But seeing as it's being used as a carrot, I doubt we'll see it there.

If you're not proven and havn't played the new VIP yet, I suggest trying it on other similarly sized servers; you'll get to play it sooner and it's generally just as satisfying. It will also stop the constant posting asking for it :)

If you want to play with other TGers, we can set up a pub raid on one of the 24/7 as_ servers. Email me if you're interested.

RW
          Last edited by Rincewind; 02-23-2006, 11:38 PM.
          ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
          No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
            I suggest trying it on other similarly sized servers; you'll get to play it sooner and it's generally just as satisfying. It will also stop the constant posting asking for it :)

RW

This is EXACTLY why we need to get our regulars in on this action...with a carrot THIS big just out of reach, the little bunnies are bound to hop to other servers to get a piece......

Comment

I think that we should set one up sometime this weekend and run VIP mode for a couple rounds bu on the same maps on server 1. Maybe dust2 or Italy....or the big chruch one or something(forgot the name). That would be awesome
              "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy
                I think that we should set one up sometime this weekend and run VIP mode for a couple rounds bu on the same maps on server 1. Maybe dust2 or Italy....or the big chruch one or something(forgot the name). That would be awesome
                VIP can't be played on the maps you suggest (de_ignorance and de_spirits both feature a church). It requires as_ maps.

Im going to talk for ALOT of non-PCS players here...
                Alott = to allocate
                A lot = many
                Alot = not a word

As for the main thrust of your original post :

I think we should throw in a VIP map every once and a while for server 1. I know its on server 2 alot, and want to try it out. I'm not trying to start a petition here...but how many of you NON-PCS players want to play VIP in a TG Server? For those PCS provens out there, how would you like that also?
                Can I point you in the direction of

Originally posted by Front page news item
                VIP has more potential to turn into deathmatch than bomb or hostage maps. As a result, VIP is only available on PCS server 2.
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Alott = to allocate
                  A lot = many
                  Alot = not a word
                  Unfortunately, you don't dictate the specific spellings of language in the U.S. when you live in the U.K. :P

Alot of words have different spellings over here, such as center, armor, favorite, and color :)

Comment

"And you spell through T-H-R-U, but I'll give you that, because we spell it "Thruff" and...... that's trying to cheat at scrabble." ~ Eddie Izzard.

;)
                    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                      Unfortunately, you don't dictate the specific spellings of language in the U.S. when you live in the U.K. :P

Alot of words have different spellings over here, such as center, armor, favorite, and color :)
                      Alot isn't English. Neither is it American English.
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Yes it is. Its presence in the use of the speakers and writers of a language dictates its validity as a part of that language.

It is used commonly in writing, and people consider it valid, therefore it is valid.

Comment

Just out of curiousity.

Is it the general feeling that the VIP mod descends into deathmatchish behavior because:

1. Players are unfamiliar/inexperienced with this type of map and objective [and how it works on TG]?

or

2. The nature of the map/objective itself [an assasination mission]?

- off topic -

Kark, sorry but no :P. 'Alot' is not a word in any form of English, regardless of your country. It isn't the same as 'ain't'. 'Ain't' I consider a true word conjuction, for the reasons that you've just given. 'Alot', however, is merely a misspelling of two words 'a' and 'lot'. That's not dialect, that misunderstanding. Incidently, if people started spelling and speaking it 'a'ot', well then that would be a different story.

"Who put the fun in dysfunctional? I." - Aesop Rock

"Cuz you can choose to say 'Good morning, God! =)' or 'Good God, morning! =(" - Blackalicious

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                            Yes it is. Its presence in the use of the speakers and writers of a language dictates its validity as a part of that language.

It is used commonly in writing, and people consider it valid, therefore it is valid.
                            No, it is not.

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/alot.html

That's from Common Errors in English.

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/errors.html#errors

Whoo hoo, grammar nazi in training!

Comment

Originally posted by aesop rock
                              Just out of curiousity.

Is it the general feeling that the VIP mod descends into deathmatchish behavior because:

1. Players are unfamiliar/inexperienced with this type of map and objective [and how it works on TG]?

or

2. The nature of the map/objective itself [an assasination mission]?
                              Yes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X