Language!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Language!

I know the official rules state that there is "no use of foul language", and I totally respect that, and sometimes I am the culprit;) (forgets to let go of the "k" key). Anyway, I always correct myself and apoligize. But lately there have been alot of people on server 1 that swears ALOT, even though I am not an admin, nor PCSP for that matter I try to correct them and tell them the rules for the server. I do this for the "kids" out there and NOT for me. I can honestly care less, about language, but they shouldnt have to hear it. My only real complaint here is that it seems like I am the only one correcting them(when no admins are around), and they rarely adhere to my plea's. I think that the reason they aren't listening is bcuz they think I take offense. We need more ppl(especially PCS-P), then they would get the hint that it is for the SERVER and not just me.
    Also I say "damn" ALOT and is that foul language... I was told it was.;)
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: Language!

page_admin Swearing on the server
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I know what you mean Dirt.... it is hard to catch a slip of the tongue in the middle of a fight or when you get head shot out of nowhere.

I give you props for sticking up for the rules of the server. Especially if it is filled with non regular players who just think your hating on them.

Trying to play TG/PCS is hard with them as well since they do not want to communicate positions or make a plan. But over all the server is getting filled with regular TG players and it is making for a fun time.

The up and coming PCS hopefuls will have to back each other up and if things get out of control page an admin to come rescue.

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

What I was trying to say is that it is EVERYBODIES responsiblity to tell them and not just me. It just makes them think its one person that cares. I really shouldnt have to page the admins if everybody tells them and then they will get the hint. If that dosent work, I will page them faster than you can say...
        "her name was lola...she was a showgirl"
        ^ that was for whistler's mother;)
        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy
          "her name was lola...she was a showgirl"
          ^ that was for whistler's mother;)
          A little Manilow never hurt anybody.

Comment

Dirtboy's right, fellas.

If you like playing here, support the server by reminding folks about the rules when they break them. Be nice about it and such, but help out. If you need an admin, you've got agahjabillion ways to make one appear, but lots of problems can be managed with friendly reminders.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

the thing that makes me laugh is, swearing is wrong, yet running around with a gun shooting people is not????

kids shouldnt be playing these games anyway.
              From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
                the thing that makes me laugh is, swearing is wrong, yet running around with a gun shooting people is not????

heh, it's such a sad, but true comment

as for the whole subject here, i'm agree with this, everyone should be telling those who do/say something against surver rules to stop

i mean, there will still be the odd person who won't care, and disobey them anyway, but that's what the page_admin command would be for... :)

Comment

Overlag, I'm an adult, and I don't want to see the language.

We don't have language rules because we're too young to be ALLOWED to see the language. We have the language rules because we're old enough to not WANT to.

We have the rules out of preference.
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Saying it over coms is one thing, it slips and we all make mistakes. But when you take the time to Press "y" and type in **** or **** its just immature, and really just shows the rest of the players you want attention
                    -Vulcan

Comment

I don't have a problem with swear words at all, I swear at work but for some reason when I play a game I can control myself maybe some more guys should try to control it. Don't hit the comm key or maybe let it go before you bust the swear words out. I am use to gaming without curse words now and when I hear one it really stands out.

Step up and say something.

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag

I see this arguement a lot on the server. I've always found TGs language rule to be about the apearance of TG rather than actually looking to protect the virginity of children's ears.

The most prolific abusers of the English language tend to also be the most immature. It doesn't even have to be cussing for me to take action against a player. I'm tired of seeing comments like:

"WTF that was BS."
                        "OMG lame"
                        "You're an idiot."

everytime I game online. I don't like to see that kind of language, not because the language itself offends me, but it's underlying lack of respect for the game/community offends me. If we're all mature gamers, why shouldn't we ACT like it?

Do you seriously miss hearing "Tahts so GAY. OMG what a shock WHORE!" or other comments of it's ilk on public gaming servers? I sure don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                          page_admin Swearing on the server
                          Neg rep for not reading the SOP's ;)

page_admin <playername> is <afk / rushing / TK'ing / swearing / other>
                          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

thx for the correction root.
                            -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                              Overlag, I'm an adult, and I don't want to see the language.

We don't have language rules because we're too young to be ALLOWED to see the language. We have the language rules because we're old enough to not WANT to.

We have the rules out of preference.
                              hey hey calm down, i wasn't moaning about it, i just thought it was ironic ;)

thats 1 of 2 reasons why ive never used a mic... which greatly hurts team play for me, but since swearing IS UK standard lately **and it comes out without me even thinking!

** (no respect, 12 year olds tell there parents/police to **** off and get away with it here)
                              From Adam Webb

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X