Taking it a bit too far?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking it a bit too far?

Now, I have seen rushers get off easy numerous times with an excuse that I find appalling.

I realize that communication is important but when someone can be camping just outside of spawn how is it fair to the offensive team just because that guy had communication with his team.

Just a minute ago on de_cbble I was in the room close to bombsite B. I had the bomb when my teamate picked off a guy right behind me. I turned around and asked if that guy could be there. Then I was shot by yet another guy coming from the Terrorist Spawn.

My point is, I was shot by some guy who had to have gone through the Terrorist Spawn to get to me. Both of their actions were immediately justified by "I HAD COMMS WITH MY TEAM!". I find this excuse to be baloney!

What ever happened to having rough boundries unless the bomb is down or it has been planted?
    I hope this poor excuse for rushing can be resolved.

Re: Taking it a bit too far?

Was the objective protected?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I guess you can say that it was protected because my team lost the round. But, I dont see how the man that flanked me could have possibly been protecting the bombsite... If I had went as he left the bombsite he was guarding I could have easily have gotten into the bombsite and planted. Thus, he was not protecting the objective.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
        Was the objective protected?
        thats kind of a vague question....1 guy at each bombsite could count as a protected bombsite...its total rubbish, but it IS protected...I would think that "We're they completing their objective?" would be a better question...but thats just me

Comment

They were completing their objective but through ways that I have not grown accustomed to. Since I have joined TG in August of 05' I have always done what I have heard admins say... "Stay within sight of the objective unless bomb is down or hosties are mobile" It kind of bugs me that things like that contine to happen with such a bad excuse.

Comment

Oh that slippery slope.... :)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

They should not have been going through the T spawn to intercept. The TEAMS job is to protect their objectives. Not hunt down the bomb carrier.

As per the SOPs, your best bet is to PM an admin with the name of the individual(s) and the details of what occured and have them handle it.
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Thats the thing, I'm not sure about the individuals names, I just dont want to see this become accepted on the TG server. I think it brings down the "fun level" of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by catcherguy247
                  Thats the thing, I'm not sure about the individuals names, I just dont want to see this become accepted on the TG server. I think it brings down the "fun level" of the game.
                  Just take a moment to jot them down next time. If you got killed by one of them, you could easily look to see who killed you. Without information, there's not much the admins can do. Not only does it bring down the "fun level" of the TG server, it promotes a type of play that we're trying to avoid here at TG.
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I bet you they didn't go through T spawn.

I bet you they crossed over from middle (right in front of the windows), cut into the hallway, and executed a flank on you.

I bet you they were told all the Ts were coming to B.

But those are just my guesses :) I was writing a paper at the time.

Comment

I understand where catcher is coming from. But let me give an example for scrutiny.

Say there are 4 ct's left and only 2 T's left after a fight at one of the spawns let's say A...T's still have possession of the bomb. However both T's location is known by visual confirmation at site B by a CT still guarding that site. At this point I would think that a flank manuever would be warranted by the CT coming behind them by whatever is the quickest way possible. All of this would have to be a.) planned and b.) communicated. Still leaving 2 at B with one leaving A to B keeping A still guarded should the flank be unsuccessful...All the while B CT's have kept knowledge of the T's whereabouts.

Please critique this...

I know that I was a bit upset when I was picked off on aaa (as a T) the other day right outside the tunnel going to the warehouse area on the way to A ground. The argument for that position was that it was a route to the bombsite and he/she was guarding it. The team I was on worked around it but it was frustrating...
                      Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed.
                      Sir Winston Churchill
                      British politician (1874 - 1965)

Comment

Originally posted by poe
                        I bet you they didn't go through T spawn.

I bet you they crossed over from middle (right in front of the windows), cut into the hallway, and executed a flank on you.

I bet you they were told all the Ts were coming to B.

Too right....
                        Dizlor

Comment

That is most likely the case. he got flanked by a CT team that WAS properly communicating and following the objectives.

I would venture to say as Poe said: They made some nice footstep noises going to B...the CT;s called out that the T's were on the way to B, so 2 guys from A came up the ramp, thru the middle and hit them from behind.

This sounds like a darn nice plan to me and highly effective.

Once again, people feel "safe" on the TG CSS server. This should not be the case ever. You should always be watching your flank since the opposing team can rightly flank you at any moment.

This is tactical play, not "let's feel safe up to a specific BOUNDRY and then we will paint our faces and get into war mode" play.

All I ask for is communication

Comment

Originally posted by Whitetiger
                            I understand where catcher is coming from. But let me give an example for scrutiny.

Say there are 4 ct's left and only 2 T's left after a fight at one of the spawns let's say A...T's still have possession of the bomb. However both T's location is known by visual confirmation at site B by a CT still guarding that site. At this point I would think that a flank manuever would be warranted by the CT coming behind them by whatever is the quickest way possible. All of this would have to be a.) planned and b.) communicated. Still leaving 2 at B with one leaving A to B keeping A still guarded should the flank be unsuccessful...All the while B CT's have kept knowledge of the T's whereabouts.

Please critique this...

I know that I was a bit upset when I was picked off on aaa (as a T) the other day right outside the tunnel going to the warehouse area on the way to A ground. The argument for that position was that it was a route to the bombsite and he/she was guarding it. The team I was on worked around it but it was frustrating...

I agree with you. if there are 1 or 2 T's left and the CT's far outnumber them and you KNOW EXACTLY where they are (i.e. you can see them) , then you should flank them to avoid being picked off.

However, if its the beginning of the round and nothing has happened and one of the CT's says "i'm going to run through B hallways to see if they're there" I dont think that is acceptable.

Peeking in from the Bombsite entrance to the hallway is fine, but going around from the other side is questionable in my opinion

Comment

There are some good explanations of what might have happened and why in the given situation not involving going through the offensive team's spawn. However, I'd like to mention something at a higher level that will hopefully remove the source of future confusion.

Originally posted by catcherguy247 (emphasis mine)
                              I realize that communication is important but when someone can be camping just outside of spawn how is it fair to the offensive team just because that guy had communication with his team.
                              The point of forcing the defensive team to defend the objective is not to make things "fair" or easier for the offensive team.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X