M4...to silence or not to silence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4...to silence or not to silence

This is a poll to see what you do with the M4 (silence or not). I was just curious to see what ppl do and what is the reason for it. Obviously its quite, but I ALWAYS put it on right after I buy it for the simple fact is that yo never know when you need it. What are your thoughts on this matter?
    Silenced
    74.24%
    Regular
    25.76%
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: M4...to silence or not to silence

100% situational.
    Silencer for stealth, obviously.
    No silencer when I need accuracy/strength, or to shoot a lot of bullets off real fast without a concern to the Opfor's knowing my location.
    I tend to not use the silencer unless I know I need to be stealthy (like Snake). Unsilenced is my preference :) (More like... Liquid or something).

Comment

I was under the impression that the only difference between silenced and unsilenced aside from noise was that silenced was actually more accurate. So better for picking off, worse for close quarters firefights.

Comment

I completley prefer silenced. Always use the silencer, just seems more accurate,
        and its always nice to try to be stealthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
          I was under the impression that the only difference between silenced and unsilenced aside from noise was that silenced was actually more accurate. So better for picking off, worse for close quarters firefights.
          This is what I've heard and it seems true to me...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I did some balistics tests ;-) w/ Section 8 about a year ago... silenced at that point produced a little less damage than unsilenced.... we went through a bunch of guns w/ torso , head and extremity shots......

Comment

I have also done alot of testing with all the guns in the game. Up against the wall from different distances to see patters. The silenced m4 definatly made a larger spread area after about the 3rd or 4th shot in a series of shots(under 8 shots or so) The unsilenced m4 had a tighter grouping by far with the same burst timing. I simply find the audible difference between the two helps me to be more patient with my timing whilst firing silenced the m4. It definatly slows the rate of fire down a little bit. Unsilenced fires faster and is much better when on the move then silenced. I learned how to use every gun in the game by running around an empty server shooting at marks on the wall and playing out real situations. Yes I had that much time lol :P
              Dizlor

Comment

The silencer also takes away muzzle flashes, which make it more difficult for your opponent to find you.

Comment

Silenced... because getting dropped without hearing a damn thing is just the coolest, and I'm proud to bring that service to my friends on the server. :)
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

i only use silenced when i'm the last 2 or 3 players left on my team

i'll always go unsilenced, because half the time i fire with it, it's meant to be a distraction

Comment

As long as there's been an M4 in CS, there's been a debate as to whether or not the silencer has any effect on damage.

I switch to silencer during freeze time, and it stays on regardless. You can kill quickly and quietly with it, and that helps a fair bit towards completing the objective.
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I don't think I've ever used it unsilenced unless I just scavenged one and didn't have time to put the silencer on. I fire the gun in short controlled bursts anyways, so it's a non-issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                          Why would they put in this feature, then? Silenced would be better in every aspect with no disadvantage, if that is true.

Originally posted by Gogeta
                          I have also done alot of testing with all the guns in the game. Up against the wall from different distances to see patters. The silenced m4 definatly made a larger spread area after about the 3rd or 4th shot in a series of shots(under 8 shots or so) The unsilenced m4 had a tighter grouping by far with the same burst timing. I simply find the audible difference between the two helps me to be more patient with my timing whilst firing silenced the m4. It definatly slows the rate of fire down a little bit. Unsilenced fires faster and is much better when on the move then silenced. I learned how to use every gun in the game by running around an empty server shooting at marks on the wall and playing out real situations. Yes I had that much time lol :P
                          :)

Comment

Every time I buy the M4 I will all ways put the silencer on just because I dont like guns that make a lot of noise since they tend to atract a lot of people to your location. It is easier to shoot at someone with it and they dont know where it is coming from at first some times.

Comment

I only use it silenced, I can't even remember what it sounds like with it off!!!

I like having my sound pretty loud and my gun not making noise helps me keep an ear to the ground as far as what's happening with everyone else.

Plus there is the added benefit of once you have the drop on someone you can pick them off with out giving up your position.

Nice avatar poe!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X