Disrespect on Server 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disrespect on Server 1

Hey guys, this isn't going out to one person in general, the example is only that, an example of disrepect I saw on server one tonight.

While playing cs_kismayo, there was an argument about the Terrorist team kill hunting and being off objective. After the yelling stopped, I felt as though I was being patronized on account of my name, GATO. Several players on the Terrorist team ( I was a CT) began saying disrespectful things about my name, such things as to invoke a filter to star out the words. This lasted for several minutes, with no seen intervention from TG players. The player that started the name calling was a TGS member, not TG.

I later announced that the next round was to be my last, and one player on the Terrorist team(the one doing the majority of the disrespecting) told me that he was happy I was leaving. I asked him to show me some respect and he replied with a sarcastic comment.

I merely wanted to bring this to the attention of the forums because I see this happening a lot more than it used to. I came to TG because of the gameplay, teamwork and because no one was typing things like this.

If anyone has comments, please post them or PM me, I want to see what you guys have to say...Peace, Love, and Hand grenades
    " Logic always prevails...now where are my pants?"

Re: Disrespect on Server 1

Originally posted by gato
    If anyone has comments, please post them or PM me, I want to see what you guys have to say...Peace, Love, and Hand grenades
    PM the folks involved if you don't get resolution from this thread. Talk to people who disappoint you. Work it out.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I PMed him already, I just thought I would bring it up because i see a lot more of it lately.
      " Logic always prevails...now where are my pants?"

Comment

No pages in my inbox. I can only assume that noone wanted the respect provision of the Tactical Gamer primer enforced.

Comment

Originally posted by gato
          Hey guys, this isn't going out to one person in general, the example is only that, an example of disrepect I saw on server one tonight.

While playing cs_kismayo, there was an argument about the Terrorist team kill hunting and being off objective. After the yelling stopped, I felt as though I was being patronized on account of my name, GATO. Several players on the Terrorist team ( I was a CT) began saying disrespectful things about my name, such things as to invoke a filter to star out the words. This lasted for several minutes, with no seen intervention from TG players. The player that started the name calling was a TGS member, not TG.

I later announced that the next round was to be my last, and one player on the Terrorist team(the one doing the majority of the disrespecting) told me that he was happy I was leaving. I asked him to show me some respect and he replied with a sarcastic comment.

I merely wanted to bring this to the attention of the forums because I see this happening a lot more than it used to. I came to TG because of the gameplay, teamwork and because no one was typing things like this.

This is infortunate. Contact an admin via PM and give him the details of who the players were. We save all the server logs so identifying the culprits shouldn't be too hard. In the future, rather than posting this in the forums you should just PM an admin if you can't resolve it with the player(s) directly.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I am A TGS member and was present on the TG server last night during the elleged incedent. Gato...I was in teamspeak with every TGS member who was playing in the TG server and not a single one of them was making fun of you. As far as i know they were trying to clarify what ur name was and how it was prenounced. I apologize on behalf of any TGS member who you feel made fun of you. I dont think WE were antagonizing you at all. Again, i was there last night and didn't see the abuse or elleged harrasment by TGS members but again I will apologize for any behavior you may have been upset by! I hope we can put this behind us and not have any future problems! Also, the comments i saw that you responded to upset were not made by TGS members! The TGS members were simply asking about where your name came from, and i didn't see any malice in the comments of any TGS members. please PM me with any comments or questions!

ps...as gato stated there were multiple TG members in the server they should be able to either confirm or refute gato's statements becuase they were also there!!
            Last edited by 1EyedJack; 03-30-2006, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Logs have been checked, and the appropriate parties will be taken care of.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                Logs have been checked, and the appropriate parties will be taken care of.

is there a problem with a TGS member?

Comment

Originally posted by 1EyedJack
                  is there a problem with a TGS member?
                  PM me.

Comment

in every server, both good and bad, there will always be people are a bit....rude.

join the club :P

Comment

Thats what sets our servers apart from others, a member shouldnt ever be put in that situation
                      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by 1EyedJack
                        ...I was in teamspeak with every TGS member who was playing in the TG server and not a single one of them was making fun of you...
                        Does this imply GHOSTING!
                        no, but seriously, here's my two cents although I was not present.

I believe TG is a mature gaming community and yes as unfortunate as it is, there are people out there who aren't so kind. As a mature gamer I hope you weren't offended too much depending on what they said of course. I don't feel that you should let it bother you and move on, appropriate action has either already been taken or should have been, but I apologize for the way you were treated and reacted to it. No member or player should ever be subjected to this although remember, it is only a game.

Comment

Gato, you need to re-read all of the TG PCS rules/SOPS before you get on the server again, please.

As for this issue, after reading some of the server logs, it's plain to see that this is a situation where people were harmlessly joking around until one person decided that they were being disrespected. Regardless of whether or not disrespect was the case here, it's not very mature to complain about people's behavior in relation to your feelings without first letting those people know how you feel. Perhaps in this case, Gato, if you had simply asked them to quit joking about your name, they would have? I'm not saying that you have to ask for respect in order to expect it, but I'm saying that in certain situations, especially those that others might not find disrespectful in any way, it's the right thing to let people know how you feel before you complain to the admins.
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X