This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quitting/rejoining on early death.

Want to get an admin's opinion of the legality of this. Basically what I see happening (and I've seen atleast three different regulars do it in the last couple of days) is that certain players when they die early in a map without getting any kills, will quit and rejoin. I saw one player do it something like 5 rounds strait in a map, and he only stopped when he made kills and didn't die.

The only two things doing this accomplishes that I can think of is resetting your score and restarting you with 2300 cash. To me it seems like something people shouldn't be doing, but I failed to find anything official that would cover it.

If there is some reason I'm missing, please feel welcome to correct me.
    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Re: Quitting/rejoining on early death.

ill only do it if i switch teams and dont make it in time....so i quit and rejoin to get in the game without waiting an extra round...outside of that...sounds like just another way to cheat the system....apparently that KD ratio is important to some people

Comment

Gross.

I hope admins privately contact you requesting the names of the persons doing this so that they may be addressed as sternly as they are privately.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I have seen this several times and it is WRONG, They do it for the K/D ratios, and they dont want to start with w/o money...So here is my opinion...IT IS WRONG!!!
        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

You cats should be PMing admins when you see stuff like this. Don't allow your assumptions about what will happen to dude prevent you from communicating what you see to administrators. They need to know about these things when they're rare, not when they're common enough to justify a thread like this.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

The only time I see a rejoining justifiable is like in section8's example: when you switch teams, rejoining so that you can be alive to support your new team (especially since team switches are to solve a stacking issue). Other than that.... I vomit in disgust!!!

Comment

I've leveled kicks and bans for crap like this.

Comment

Sure, poe. If we put our heads together, we could think of other exceptions, too.

It goes to intent. We've been through this in other titles. It's all about intent.

We don't have a rule to manage this, specifically, but the intent is clear and will be acted on by admins (that's confidence, not a promise) if/when they see it and know what they're seeing.

Comment

If this happens, have his teammates TK him until he stops doing it.

Ok so maybe thats not the best solution.....

disclaimer: God kills a kitten everytime you TK. don't TK.
                  Last edited by measley; 04-11-2006, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                    Sure, poe. If we put our heads together, we could think of other exceptions, too.
                    Just helping nail down what we're going after :)

Originally posted by measley
                    If this happens, have his teammates TK him until he stops doing it.

Ok so maybe thats not the best solution.....
                    No... not the best solution :p Just PM an admin.

Comment

TKing your teammates is not allowed.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Comment

I'm just sayin'.

You'd be surprised what people would do after reading something in the forums.

Comment

you do have a valid point there.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                              I'm just sayin'.

You'd be surprised what people would do after reading something in the forums.
                              lol I am sad about how true that is sometimes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X