Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complaints about the server and community.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complaints about the server and community.

First - PCS-Proven and the rules : Every now and then, someone might get scolded by an proven for doing something, then later having another proven say its ok to do so, I dont know whats causing the confusion but the provens really need to get on the same page, it seems theres just a ton of confusion floating around its making it hard to enjoy playing here.

Second - Language, and slurs : This is directed at everyone, I hear people say sh.t and g.y all the time, it needs to stop - Quoting the PCS Faq -
    "Can I swear and use foul language?
    We have a wide range of players young and old and while some things may be commonplace in your life they can be offensive to others. Keeping this in mind it was decided that in order to show respect to everyone the only language allowed on TG would be the same that is allowed on network television.

If you are offended by someone's language, say something. If they continue, PM an admin. If they can't participate in a clean game, they don't need to play here. The guidlines we use are if it is acceptable on network television, it is acceptable here.
    "

The foul language isnt coming from just regular people, but also PCS provens, please, keep it clean.

Third - Reserved slots : Very rarely, these can destory the rounds, example : Someone joins the server, hops on the defending team, minutes later everyone on his team dies, maybe one or two people on the other team remaining, someone with a reserved slot comes in and kicks the last remaining defender giving the attacking team the win which gives them money to purchase guns which the defenders now possibly lack the funds for. Soon enough the attackers would win every round and frustrate the defending team. While it is nice to be able to hop on the server whenever you feel like it, take the time to think about everyone else.

I dont know if theres a solution to this, but it would be nice to try and find one.

Fourth - Maps : Not as important as the rest, but there are a few maps that some of us dont like and some do, like de_view, and de_aaa, I know this should be taken to the maps forum, but id like to keep this all in one topic. I suggest we get full community imput on these maps, vote to keep them on or off the server so we all can enjoy our stay here.

5th - Scouts and the weapon restrictions : Every now and then, someone will buy a scout, someone else will find a scout that came from a dead enemy, next round the person who had bought the scout loses his, while the one who found it keeps his, while normally the one who found the scout is nice enuogh to give it to the person who had bought it last round, its still can be a problem. Should we make a rule regarding this saying that the person who had bought the scout is entitled to it.

Just posting what I think, and what ive seen on the server, feel free to state your opinions on all this. There are some other things but I cannot remember them, ill update this post when I remember.

Edit - Typo
    Last edited by Kamer; 04-16-2006, 03:55 AM.

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
    [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
    [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Re: Complaints about the server and community.

Originally posted by Kamer
    First - PCS-Proven and the rules : Every now and then, someone might get scolded by an proven for doing something, then later having another proven say its ok to do so, I dont know whats causing the confusion but the provens really need to get on the same page, it seems theres just a ton of confusion floating around its making it hard to enjoy playing here.
    Consult the SOPs, PM an admin, or post a thread. How hard is that?

Second - Language, and slurs : This is directed at everyone, I hear people say sh.t and g.y all the time, it needs to stop - Quoting the PCS Faq -
    "Can I swear and use foul language?
    We have a wide range of players young and old and while some things may be commonplace in your life they can be offensive to others. Keeping this in mind it was decided that in order to show respect to everyone the only language allowed on TG would be the same that is allowed on network television.

If you are offended by someone's language, say something. If they continue, PM an admin. If they can't participate in a clean game, they don't need to play here. The guidlines we use are if it is acceptable on network television, it is acceptable here.
    "

The foul language isnt coming from just regular people, but also PCS provens, please, keep it clean.
    I haven't gotten any PMs about this...

Third - Reserved slots : Very rarely, these can destory the rounds, example : Someone joins the server, hops on the defending team, minutes later everyone on his team dies, maybe one or two people on the other team remaining, someone with a reserved slot comes in and kicks the last remaining defender giving the attacking team the win which gives them money to purchase guns which the defenders now possibly lack the funds for. Soon enough the attackers would win every round and frustrate the defending team. While it is nice to be able to hop on the server whenever you feel like it, take the time to think about everyone else.

I dont know if theres a solution to this, but it would be nice to try and find one.
    I don't think this will be changing. Supporting members are the only reason we have a server to play on and they've earned the benefit of having a guaranteed slot on some of TG's servers. Why don't YOU take the time to think about everyone else and why you have a CS and Dystopia server to play on.

Fourth - Maps : Not as important as the rest, but there are a few maps that some of us dont like and some do, like de_view, and de_aaa, I know this should be taken to the maps forum, but id like to keep this all in one topic. I suggest we get full community imput on these maps, vote to keep them on or off the server so we all can enjoy our stay here.
    We've already done that and the rotation is set. Feel free to start further discussion, though!

5th - Scouts and the weapon restrictions : Every now and then, someone will buy a scout, someone else will find a scout that came from a dead enemy, next round the person who had bought the scout loses his, while the one who found it keeps his, while normally the one who found the scout is nice enuogh to give it to the person who had bought it last round, its still can be a problem. Should we make a rule regarding this saying that the person who had bought the scout is entitled to it.
    Hmmm... I've not seen this issue come up, but I don't think it's something that we need a rule about. We're all good sports here. If it's a pubbie that ends up with your rifle and refuses to trade guns with you, suck it up. They're not going to give it up just because you tell them it's a rule, either...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

While Provens know the rules and all, there are many things that just depend on perspective. And remember... Provens are just recognized team players, but by no means hold the final say of what is and isn't wrong. For this, one needs to consult the admins. PM is usually the cleanest way to do things. :)

Comment

I don't think this will be changing. Supporting members are the only reason we have a server to play on and they've earned the benefit of having a guaranteed slot on some of TG's servers. Why don't YOU take the time to think about everyone else and why you have a CS and Dystopia server to play on.
        I understand SMs are the only reason we have a server to play on, but isnt there some sort of workaround to this? Is it possible to make a plugin that increases the amount of player slots by 1 when a RS holder comes, then at the end of the round kick the player who would normally be kicked by reserved slots, then set the player limit back to what it was?

Hmmm... I've not seen this issue come up, but I don't think it's something that we need a rule about. We're all good sports here. If it's a pubbie that ends up with your rifle and refuses to trade guns with you, suck it up. They're not going to give it up just because you tell them it's a rule, either...
        Its annoying having the gun that I spent the cash on to vanish on me. I can deal with it, but its still annoying.

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
        [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
        [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Comment

I understand SMs are the only reason we have a server to play on, but isnt there some sort of workaround to this? Is it possible to make a plugin that increases the amount of player slots by 1 when a RS holder comes, then at the end of the round kick the player who would normally be kicked by reserved slots, then set the player limit back to what it was?
          No. We have fixed team sizes and need to remove non-SMs when the SMs want to play.

The workaround for this is to get the non-SMs to help support the community. Then they won't get kicked. :row__687:
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Wow so many complaints, so little time....where to start? First off, I am the FIRST to correct ppl when fouil language is being used, I generally warn them 2-3 times before I page an admin. By that time they get the clue. Second, when a "proven" says that something is wrong or off-limits, chances are that they are correct, they didnt become proven for no reason. They are the same as regulars but know, understand, and abide the Rules of PCS CS:S. I want to here an example of this...dates, times, NO names though:)

Every now and then, someone might get scolded by an proven for doing something, then later having another proven say its ok to do so, I dont know whats causing the confusion but the provens really need to get on the same page, it seems theres just a ton of confusion floating around its making it hard to enjoy playing here.
            Second the weapon (scout) issue, I personally think the system is flawed(good intentions though). But its the way you go about it, when I ask for the scout bakc I say please and thank you, and usually buy them a weapon. I heard you last night and it sounded like a 5 yr old in the candy aisle of a supermarket;) I am not trying to make fun of you just trying to let you know that it is all about manners and having some self-respect when they dont give it back.

Third, the reserved slots. When I first came to the TG community, it was always packed and I found a solution out...got a pen...I became a SM:) . It is just a perk, and nothing more. To be totally honest with you, I think that there should be exceptions towards this, but I have know idea how. So thats my two cents:)
            "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

I have to say that when I occasionally pop onto the CS:S server for a game or two, I hear language being used by those who I understand to be regulars that is totally unacceptable. I don't ever feel it is my place to correct them though, as complaining about a PCS-Proven's actions tends to alienate you from the rest of them.
              -Zephyr
              You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
              We are not a single game.
              We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
              We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr
                I have to say that when I occasionally pop onto the CS:S server for a game or two, I hear language being used by those who I understand to be regulars that is totally unacceptable. I don't ever feel it is my place to correct them though, as complaining about a PCS-Proven's actions tends to alienate you from the rest of them.
                -Zephyr
                Bah, they need to be told to keep the language clean like anyone else. If it's a problem, seek a solution.

If they are wearing a PCS tag, get their name and send it over to us. page_admin should work, if all else fails get me on MSN.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr
                  -Zephyr
                  If I ever have a slip of the tongue, feel more than welcome to say "Shame on you Poe!" and kill me round after round (if you're on the OpFor :p ). I know my language sometimes escalates, but I think I do a good job of keeping it down to only a few rare ocassions :) (doesn't help that CS:S seconds as a stress-relief, so I kind of have some built up emotions :p ). And correcting language surely isn't anything to alienate you.

Comment

Kamer, I'd just like to point this out, and take no offense by it; lots of people come into TG, and decide that things should be different. Think about this though, Apophis, with the help of some of the TG SM's have been working hard to make this community as best as it possibly can be for a few years now. Your suggestions, while supported by yourself, have (probably) already been thought about, because you are not the first to bring them up. Honestly, no offense intended, just my thoughts on it.

Oh, and I slip up, but normally correct myself, unless I'm really angry, in which case I should just know better. :)

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
                    steve: OMG
                    steve: TOO
                    root: ****ing hell
                    root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

As far as your points on SM perks... BECOME ONE. I was just as skeptical as you when i came to TG but I found that the benefits of becoming a member are huge, if you're into the TG style of play and play multiple games it's definately worth becoming an SM.
                      The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
                      #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
                      83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

I agree regarding getting a SM membership.

I played here for years before when it was free, and when it went to the optional SM I didn't think I would ever make the jump to SM.

Now I realise there is no better way to get so much value for so little money, especially in gaming.
                        Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                        Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Not that I mean to be insulting in any way but, CHILL OUT DUDE.
                          Originally posted by MONGOOSE
                          1) The most important rule of thumb is: CSS IS JUST A GAME! dont let it bother you.

2) I thought you were more mature than this, if you have a REAL problem, PM an admin or talk to the other participant to see if you can work out a solution.
                          Now to address you concerns:
                          Originally posted by MONGOOSE
                          1) Provens get their status be exhibiting a certain style of play at ALL times. If there is confusion, then it is probably a result of a new map or misinterpretation of the rules. Misunderstandings happen all the time in real life(ie friends/family/government) so get used to it and deal.

2)Language sometimes is result of being too worked up over the game, in the excitement people do slip up and being that we are ALL human, it can happen. If it really bothers you so much, tell them to stop or EASIEST of all, just ignore it.

3)Reserved slots can be annoying yes, when you are not a SM(ie...me), but if you are upset becasue a reserved slot cost you the round remember RULE NUMBER ONE: IT IS JUST A GAME!!!

4)Maps.......all I can say is, Roll with the punches

5)What are you talking about the scouts? Courtesy like in a friendly game of basketball?
                          Originally posted by DIRTBOY
                          I heard you last night and it sounded like a 5 yr old in the candy aisle of a supermarket I am not trying to make fun of you just trying to let you know that it is all about manners and having some self-respect when they dont give it back.
                          Again not to be insulting but that's how you sound right now making all these point-less complaints. Its a game, play it, have fun, but don't go whining when things dont go your way.

I think the administration has done a great job of taking into account all the suggestions/complaints the members have over the entire time I've been a member and hopefully they will do the same here. Now take some time off and lets go rescue those hostages! See you on the battlefield!

THIS HAS BEEN ANOTHER MONGOOS-EFIED POST

Comment

I dont see what your problem about these issues. Sure it isnt fun when you get kick when a SM joins but just do the auto join and get on a little later and if you cant do that just pay a little bit of money and become a SM. I have picked up the scout from an enemy while a team mate had on and at the end I end up with it and I give it back to the person if they want it or if it is taken from me I politely ask for it back i dont whine. Remember this is just a game it is sapost to be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose
                              Not that I mean to be insulting in any way but, CHILL OUT DUDE.
                              Yes, it's just a game, but discussing stuff like this is what makes gaming here at TG better. Bouncing ideas off of everyone else let's Kamer know what the community thinks about things that bother him. He now knows that other people are dissatisfied with our solution to the sniper problem. He also knows that SM reserved slots are widely recognized as a great benefit to TacticalGamer. He wouldn't get all these opinions if he hadn't expressed himself here.

I think that his original post was a very mature way to handle the things that have been bugging him.
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X