This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you become PCS??

I've asked this sometime before, and all I got in return was, "Read the SOP," and I did. And I was trying to put on the TG tag also, because in someone's post it said that you could. Then I got kicked. And later found out that you have to be PCS to wear the tag. And it depressed me. So now I'm in a major state of depression, and just may kill myself if I don't find out how. (Note: I'm not really depressed. It's just amusing. Even though that's probably a horrible thing to say. I'm going to stop talking now.)

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Re: How do you become PCS??

And now I also feel stupid for asking this question, because somehow, I feel I'm going to get a response along the lines of, "Are you serious?".

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Well, at least you're sane enough to respond to your own thread.

()

Comment

This forum is for asking questions and discussing topics. That being stated, the wisdom you seek has been posted prior on this “sticky”: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/counter...cs-proven.html

Along with that, there are several posts pertaining to the wear of the TG “tag”. In a nutshell: it is reserved for PCS proven players.

When people say read the forums or SOPs they are usually referring to a topic that has already been discussed and the answer is only a search button away…
        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

The only suggestion that I could give you is let your gameplay, attitude, and planning do the talking for you. As you can see, nowhere here says you have to have GREAT skill, yea sure some skill is needed(given) but step up and plan something once in a while. It dosent even need to be successful, the right people will see it and will take a mental note. Me personally, I sometimes get "burnt" out on making a plan and want to hear new things that I was unaware of. Not saying that I always make the greatest gameplans, but some will work and the game will be alot more fun(win or lose). Also keep active on the forums...believe it or not, this is a great way to get new Ideas and you will become alot closer to these "minions" than you think (;) poe). I hope this helps some considering no one really gave you a straight answer:)
          "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by -delta-
            I've asked this sometime before, and all I got in return was, "Read the SOP," and I did. And I was trying to put on the TG tag also, because in someone's post it said that you could. Then I got kicked. And later found out that you have to be PCS to wear the tag. And it depressed me. So now I'm in a major state of depression, and just may kill myself if I don't find out how. (Note: I'm not really depressed. It's just amusing. Even though that's probably a horrible thing to say. I'm going to stop talking now.)
            Slow down, young fella, you'll hurt yourself! :row__581:

Here is the quick lowdown:

TG tags? Blocked. Had too many players that didn't know what professional counterstrike meant, but thought it was cool to wear the tag. So then we came up with PCS-Proven, a whole new tag set.

To become PCS-Proven, demonstrate, over time, that you understand the SOPs and the philosophy behind PCS and Tactical Gamer. An admin or PCS-Proven player has to nominate you. That could take 4 days, 4 weeks, or 4 months; it really depends on the player.

What does getting into the "Provens" get you? Access to server 2, priority in all scrimmages and tournaments.....consideration for temp-admin capabilities....more leeway from admins in some things, less in others.

So look around at your team. Help them out. Read through some of the stuff in the fourms.
            Last edited by Mateo; 04-22-2006, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Make the SOPs your bible and read em almost every night =) Pretty much gotta learn how it works, how to obey the objective and work as a team is how to be PCS. You have to get noticed by other memebers and post on the forums more, thats my drawback at the moment hah. Im sure you paly enough and post enough you would get noticed and recommended.

Comment

I'm confused. This thread was created, in a forum containing a sticky thread announcing PCS Proven.

Delta, did you not think to read that thread before posting your question? It seems like common sense to me.
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X