Bank Mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Mod

Sorry about the delay, Apex, but I told you I'd get around to it, didn't I? :P

Anyway, Apex informed me about an interesting mod that might just work very well on the TG servers- the Eternal Bank mod. Originally, it was just to store up extra cash, but it has some new features that make it sound very interesting, some of which I've wanted to be in CS for as long as I knew about the economy system:

Originally posted by OMNieternal
    - Auto Withdrawal Cash on Round Start
    - Transfer bank money to other Players
    - Bank Interest (Debt Interest if you have neg balance)
    - Debt Collection (player spawn, takes cash to pay balance)
    - Added Option to Deposit All Cash
    - Added Option to Fill Cash Reserves
    I personally love the idea. Here's the thread with all of the info:
    http://mattie.info/cs/forums/viewtop...er=asc&start=0

So what does everyone think?
    Yes
    28.57%
    No
    53.57%
    Maybe/Don't care
    17.86%

Re: Bank Mod

Yeah!

Comment

Im up for giving it a shot.

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
      [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
      [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Comment

LOL HMMM I feel like we are being infiltrated by the WOW gang...

Only problem I see is as TG seems like we want to start off the rounds on an equal playing level...if one person came to a team with more money started spreading it around to the whole team then an unfair advantage....

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Originally posted by Quest Shady
          LOL HMMM I feel like we are being infiltrated by the WOW gang...

Only problem I see is as TG seems like we want to start off the rounds on an equal playing level...if one person came to a team with more money started spreading it around to the whole team then an unfair advantage....
          yeah...the whole point of CS's money system is to reward you for doingw ell in the previous round....not the great game you had 10 days ago and managed to save up 21093112 dollars

im just saying

Comment

Here is my input…

On a Public server I have no issues with it, it is actually fun. But the problems I see with it on TG is it takes allot of the basic strategies off the 1st three or so rounds out. By having the ability to draw money from at the beginning of the round, you miss the excellent planning that always is happening at the beginning when everybody is much more conservative. The other thing I see allot form these types of server is it becomes a “Para or AWP fest”. Well we do not have AWPs here so everybody will end up buying Paras and run around like idiots, digressing from the PCS style of play.

Another point is the actual disclaimer on their website: “Lite Version, More Stable, No Auto Withdrawal, Interest or Debt Collection” or “Full Version, Less Stable”. I personally do not want anything on this server that is not fully operational; “less stable” does not sound like the way to go when selling a product.

I also do not want to see people becoming so focused on “banking” that they forget the basics at this server. I have played it and it is very distracting to use, especially on an objective based sever such as this.

My last point is the betting, it has no place on this server. We work as a team and attempt to gain victory through teamwork and planning. The last thing we need is people to start betting against their own teams; that is really demoralizing to the player that is following their objective.
            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

sounds cool!

Comment

I would be up to give it a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC
                  Another point is the actual disclaimer on their website: “Lite Version, More Stable, No Auto Withdrawal, Interest or Debt Collection” or “Full Version, Less Stable”. I personally do not want anything on this server that is not fully operational; “less stable” does not sound like the way to go when selling a product.
                  I'm with stable.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                  "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                  - Wulfyn

Comment

Originally posted by Sloppy Joe
                    I'm with stable.
                    Agreed.
                    Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC
                      Here is my input…

On a Public server I have no issues with it, it is actually fun. But the problems I see with it on TG is it takes allot of the basic strategies off the 1st three or so rounds out. By having the ability to draw money from at the beginning of the round, you miss the excellent planning that always is happening at the beginning when everybody is much more conservative. The other thing I see allot form these types of server is it becomes a “Para or AWP fest”. Well we do not have AWPs here so everybody will end up buying Paras and run around like idiots, digressing from the PCS style of play.

I also do not want to see people becoming so focused on “banking” that they forget the basics at this server. I have played it and it is very distracting to use, especially on an objective based sever such as this.

My last point is the betting, it has no place on this server. We work as a team and attempt to gain victory through teamwork and planning. The last thing we need is people to start betting against their own teams; that is really demoralizing to the player that is following their objective.

True, I never wanted the betting thing here, I believe you can see people joking about it in spec all the time. As for the stable and unstable verisons, why not the stable one?

Backing up a bit, with what you said about becoming a distraction, I think it could add another level of realism -players can buy weapons and throw them to each other, what about giving a poorer player some much needed kevlar? And as for spreading bunches of cash around until it became a para or awp fest, what if the cap was set to a relatively low level, say three or four thousand?- With the extended planning time in place, I think it would fit in nicely.

Also, regarding the strategy with the first three or so rounds, there's supposedly an option for turning off withdrawls for the first round- the code sharks that pwn the servers with their awesomeness could change that to last as many rounds as they want, shouldnt they?

Originally posted by Section 8
                      yeah...the whole point of CS's money system is to reward you for doingw ell in the previous round....not the great game you had 10 days ago and managed to save up 21093112 dollars
                      That's why there's an option to set caps on how much cash can be held in the bank- I was thinking for this system to be less of a "I play a lot and save up cash so I'll always have better guns than you thing," and more of a system where players can pool their funds- people do this already with buying guns for others, but what if the planner wants the team to have flashes and smokes for heavy diversionary tactics, but everyone just spent their cash on weapons and kevlar? Then the planner could choose to take a more supportive role and spread funds for the other players to buy the needed supplies.

Comment

See, the thing is that before we put this on the server (unless we just did a test run for a week or until a significant problem was revealed), we will have to run through every possible situation. Currently, if a player decides to buy a Para when they have barely enough money for it, and then get shot in the head instantly and their team loses, that player should be 'punished' for not backing his risk-purchase with adequate skill. He may be able to buy a half decent gun if he forgoes nades, ammo, and armor, or a teammate could buy him one, but in the process cripple themselves. You have to be smart about what you buy. This system would take the strategy out, and after a few nights of Bank-packing, they could go on extremely long sprees of top stuff from round 2 and on. Or in an earlier game, when you don't expect any fully outfitted players, the other team could splurge on the one (uber) skilled player that they have, making a killing machine the other team is ill-equipped to handle.

And while not all that may be necessarily wrong, it will affect gameplay, and should and must be taken into consideration before it is added as a server feature.

Plus, how much time are people going to start spending managing their bank instead of planning?

Comment

Originally posted by Priest
                          .....and more of a system where players can pool their funds- people do this already with buying guns for others, but what if the planner wants the team to have flashes and smokes for heavy diversionary tactics, but everyone just spent their cash on weapons and kevlar? Then the planner could choose to take a more supportive role and spread funds for the other players to buy the needed supplies.
                          That can be achieved, it's just the majority of people here aren't ready to evolve to that level of planning yet. It's called stop rushing to buy your favourite gun, heedless of the tactical situation at hand, and without listening to the commanders orders.

At this point in time, I hate buy scripts. I hate them because you guys use them, instead of listening. I'm sure, eventually, the vast majority of you will learn that reading and listening are as critical to communication as calling out target locations. In the mean time, the standard of tactical play isn't as high as it can be.

Given that we can achieve everything in your quote (without using this mod) Priest, tell me why this mod should be added.
                          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I like the current system. Sure it sucks to not have any money, but it's pretty damn cool when you have no cash, use a lame pistol, win the round and take the other teams guns.

Root also makes a good point about the buy scripts for favorite guns. I used to always just buy the best equipment that I could, regardless of how much I had or where I was planning to cover / my location. I now realize that I don't always need an M4, 2 flashes, a grenade and smokes for every round (although it is nice to have :)) Having to manage your resources adds to the tactical aspect of things.

Comment

I like this idea, but put a cap on the bank amount to something reasonable. Like $16000, or maybe $20k-30k. Reset the banks on a bi-weekly (or monthly) basis, too, to prevent the "I saved up all this money a couple months ago." I think this has a lot of potential, especially in the sense of sharing with the team, to help everyone afford what they might need.

As for the buy scripts, mine are simple. I have a button to buy armor, one for each of the nades, main rifle, pistols, etc... and I use them after the plan has been made, so I can buy for what is needed. ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X