New To Sever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To Sever

We have new players coming to the sever every day. So I like to find out what can we do to welcome them here to Tactical Gamer. So feel free lets hear it.

Re: New To Sever

Don't have a go at them before they do something wrong. I get quite worried when you guys do that to me. Hell I even wear the MarPat skin, and I STILL get grief.

Let them know we have an ACTIVE forum, and that the rules are also found here.

Get them involved. I try and give new players specific instructions when I'm commanding. Buddy them up with an experienced member, a PCSP if possible. Especially if you're playing defence, try and explain WHY you're doing things, but obviously, don't clutter up the comms. Being dead is a great time to educate players.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Hello everyone. Just wanting to check in and say hi to you all. I'm not really new, but have renewed my interest in TG. I'm a new supporting member. Well look forward to playing with you all.
      "As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I fear nothing, Because i'm the baddest mother****er in the whole valley"

Gen. George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by JeSteR
        Hello everyone. Just wanting to check in and say hi to you all. I'm not really new, but have renewed my interest in TG. I'm a new supporting member. Well look forward to playing with you all.
        Welcome back, Jester. Look forward to shooting you in the face.
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
          Being dead is a great time to educate players.
          Alas, then I'll be of no use :)

Welcome back Jester.

Comment

Originally posted by whistler's mother
            Alas, then I'll be of no use :)

Welcome back Jester.
            psh, you've got nothing on the week I've been having =P
            a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
            Celibacy is not Hereditary.
            Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
            Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
            Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I agree with root and we do alot of that. We need to take time and show new people that tg is exciting place to be!!!!

Comment

I think it is important to avoid singling them out with complaints on their gameplay. They probably only been play dm style, and i know that it was not very easy for me to adjust to pcs-style play. We should avoid comments like "If you dont want to play the right way, leave," after they rush spawns a few times or anything of that sort. Just be patient.

Comment

Originally posted by jon
                  I agree with root and we do alot of that. We need to take time and show new people that tg is exciting place to be!!!!

I also agree. I catch myself often saying. "Watch out, there's a new guy that doesn't know the rules" to my team or just simply telling someone to type "motd" to avoid excuses like "oh i didn't know" or the every so friendly asteriks.
                  " Logic always prevails...now where are my pants?"

Comment

[QUOTE=gato]I also agree. I catch myself often saying. "Watch out, there's a new guy that doesn't know the rules" to my team or just simply telling someone to type "motd" to avoid excuses like "oh i didn't know" or the every so friendly asteriks.[yea we need to take time and teach them how we play just dont jump on them as soon as they join the sever . (Some of them will take time to learn)]

Comment

I think if a new player joins and is willing to listen and try to learn and abide by the rules, awesome.

But those who immediately start trash talking the players and policies and then blatently try to disrupt the server by not abiding by the rules after numerous attempts to teach them the basics? No. Good riddance.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X