Attention: Mappers and Modelers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention: Mappers and Modelers

For some time now, me and root have been discussing editing cs_harvest. I had been dealing with trying to get the original .vmf file from the mapper (rebel yell), but after a month, I've given up and rooty and I have decided to just remake the basic layout of the map and make edits from there.

What I need from the TG CS:S community is somebody who has experience with modeling that can make a few custom models to be used in the map.

I also will need somebody who can work on the house portion of the map. As we all know, the original hostage house was extremly small and cramped and didn't allow for much tactical movement. The house is now going to be something like on militia_tm2 and will take up the T side of the map with a smaller hostage house consisting of the kitchen layout and then another hostage house down the other side where there is the car shed and such.

More hands makes lighter work. Too many hands makes syncronization a nightmare. Please contact me via PM if you have experience in either area and I will fill you in on what needs to be done.

As for the rest of the community, I will try to roll out a alpha and beta so we can start testing.

Re: Attention: Mappers and Modelers

The ideal setup (which isn't likely) would be to lift the house from militia_tm2, but only to have the kitchen hostages. The other 2 are hopefully going in a building on the left hand side (as CT's approach). We're looking to move the house further to the right hand side near the tree.

With the scout restrictions, the hostages further apart, better hostage nav, and the RP being moved back to CT spawn, this map has awesome potential IF we can get the mapping support we need.

We're also discussing taking this further, and creating a VIP version of the map.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
      The other 2 are hopefully going in a building on the left hand side (as CT's approach)
      I definatly agree that splitting up the hostages will GREATLY improve the maps playability. Mabye even throw a single sewer to the back of the house from the middle hill, and possibly add a power switch to turn the lights on and off like on estate :)
      Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta
        I definatly agree that splitting up the hostages will GREATLY improve the maps playability. Mabye even throw a single sewer to the back of the house from the middle hill, and possibly add a power switch to turn the lights on and off like on estate :)
        We've discussed sewer access, but decided against it, as this map is pretty open, yet at the same time provides plenty of cover.

What we really need, as black death originally posted, is people with the map / model skills we need to pull this off.

I'm also looking at putting together some simple (but effective) guidlines for mappers, to provide a PCS standard for mapping. More on that story later - let's get cs_harvest_pcs done first.
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I am working on the basic layout of the map, but I have to go ingame and get the layout all squared away as to how far the hill is away from the t spawn and how wide to make it..... stuff like that.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X