Scrimmage AAR (After Action Review)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrimmage AAR (After Action Review)

To better the experience here at TG, were looking for some feedback by all that participated in the scrimmage. By giving us constructive criticism, we can make the next event even better!

Here is some of what we would like to see as far comments on the scrimmage that just took place:

1. How was the format of 6 vs. 6 with 1 reserve? PCS-P vs. PCS-NP?

2. The overall length of the scrimmage, too long or too short?

3. The map choices?

4. The time, was it too early or too late?

5. The communications during the match, was it better than normal?

6. Most important, was it fun?

These are only some suggestions on comments, but feel free to discuss what ever you think might help!!!
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: Scrimmage AAR (After Action Review)

1. 6v6 was very fun, however i think that if we made it 7v7 or 8v8 it would open up a few more maps.
    2. I thought it was too short, im sure the people locked out of the server didnt think so but...
    3. Map choice was awesome both very very good PCS maps
    4. I would have preffered it being later, there was still alot of noise at my house, but then again there always is.
    5. Saying the comms were better would be an understatement, there was never a question of where someone is and the planning and team work were all extremely amplified.
    6. Heck YEAH!

Comment

Here are a couple points I saw:

It was a nightmare for both captains to organize their original team to show up. Is there something we can do to make that better? BTW thanks to all those who came to the rescue!

The game started a bit late due to some no shows, no big deal but that made the scrimmage a bit longer. I was hoping for just over an hour, it ran about 1:45 minutes.

There was a little confusion on the second map and when to change; it did not affect anything though.

The PCS-NPs took the early lead on the 1st map 3-1, but the PCS-Ps began to click and swept the second map.

It was a bit of a shock to some to see a new map during the scrim- that was the point, to see how everybody would react. It definitely made it interesting!!

It was truly some serious PCS that was going on!!!

And everybody seemed to have fun!!!
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

FINAL RESULTS: PCS 1 NPCS 1

Big thanks to all the players, and Big C/Random Guy for filling in the two missing spots on Team PCS

Well considering only the NPCS used the reserve i can't really comment much on the subject. However, the NPCS team seemed to be organized well, and switching between the reserves were being used very often throughout the match.

It went longer than I expected. Heh, we had one round end at the 5th final second (i'm so awesome :)). I thought the length was great, and it was better off ending it after 2 maps. A tie's much more fun in the end.

3. The map choices?
        Great, no doubt, kismayo and office_extreme were great choices. Both teams had a lot of room to cover, and a lot of room to work with, period.

Perfect timing for me. I got back from a 30 hour famine at 4pm, so that gave me enough time to properly regain my bearings (aka: massive eating spree :)).

I had excellent communication on my team, and it was actually my teammates who were organizing most of the plans for each round. I put my bits here and there, but I give props to my teammates for doing a better job than I was.

Oh yeah, I thought tonight was excellent! Especially by tying, you feel satisfied in fun and score-wise as well.

Hope to be able to participate in the next match as well! Thank you very much to everyone who participated in a great night of Professional Counter-Strike!

Comment

The format 6v6 was a good idea having the 7 in spec. good idea for a back up player if something happen. C,ommunication with the team was the best team communcation yet. All players done a very good job follow orders for who ever gave them . Office was a new map for me and I had fun playing on it as well as the other map i enjoy. Scence I never had played a scrimmage match befor it was fun playing one. Nice teamwork to everyone that played tonight!

Comment

Sry i missed the second map, but i had alot of fun playing the first. i hope i can play again.

Comment

I liked the 6 vs. 6 format, though i'm kind of partial because I like smaller games myself.

As far as length goes, depend on how each team plays the round it always varies. I would've prefered something more like play a certain amount of odd number rounds. like the best out of 3 for each team on each side.

3. The map choices?
              Map choices were excellent. Very much PCS maps!

Time was good for me, then again i'm a bum right now so anytime would be good for me.

Comm's were excellent. The kind of comm's I like to have when I play here.

Yes! Except for the last round or so in office_extreme where Nomic lit me up! its ok Nomic I still <3 you!

Just want to say to everyone that played, it was fun and look forward to the next one.
              "As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I fear nothing, Because i'm the baddest mother****er in the whole valley"

Gen. George S. Patton

Comment

I though it was good! Enough people to execute some complex assignments, and not too many to have people running around in front of someone else path of fire.
                Perfect!
                3. The map choices?
                Great maps, good switch times for teams as well.
                Could have been later, still kind of bright and got a glare on my hunk of a monitor
                very good, some mics cutting out (including mine) but aside from that there was a lot of good calling.
                Very! Had a blast guys, looking forward to the next.
                OH and good job to everyone involved. Looking forward to the next one!

Comment

1. 6v6 was good, hard enough getting that many people together

2. Length was good, hard to pin that down - depends on the play style of the 2 teams. Any more than 4 and 4 rounds could get really long.

3. Great choices - I hope that new office makes it to regular rotation!

4. Good time, although for me Saturday's are really tough

5. Good coms all around

6. It was a alot of fun, thanks to everyone who played and big thanks to Big C for running things!

Comment

I agree with everything already said, dont really have anything new to add

The added element of a match, thats its a must win, and every death on your team is a big deal etc.., is what makes it more fun. We need to do something like this more often. It doesn't have to be NPCS VS. PCS.

We can just have some set teams. and have a couple teams battle it out each week. Not really a tournament or anything (which would be good too). Just have regular matches every week where 2 different teams play each other.

Big thanks to the captains and for Big C for adminning and filling in for the PCS team.

Comment

Also, from what I could tell, I think the NPCS team played up to and exceeded PCS standards and therefore should all be PCSP's. Of course, thats not my decision ;)

Comment

Good idea measley! It would be interesting to have a a couple set teams of 4 or 5 that battle each week, just round up some buds and go at it. Stick to the teams your on and everything, get a name, itll be great!

Comment

1. i liked it, the 7th man or the spec could really learn alot about the other team when they were in spec mode. Added another demension to it.

2. it was a good length

3. im not particularly fond of the 1st map we played normally, however with the true pcs that was played i think id like any map. The maps were very fun.

4. it was at a good time.

5.yes, most our strategies depended on good comms.

6.yes it was fun, double nade kill 4tw =)
                          E-[h4x] TG CS:S Tourny Champs

Comment

i agree with measley

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC
                              I enjoyed it, though my team didn't have the reserve so I can't really say.

Perfect length.

3. The map choices?
                              Two of my all-time favorite maps. If we had an impressive de_ map though (de_appts_beta3) it would have been an even better balance.

I got lucky on the timing, personally. My hours are unpredictable.

Yes. You could sense that everyone went above and beyond their usual, and tried their hardest.

Without a doubt. It's events like this that keep CSS fun.

One suggestion is to force deathcam on team only. I personally would have prefered this greatly. I dislike having to adjust my positioning simply because an opponent saw me while spectating. Especially when it is "the perfect spot". I don't mind this as much in regular play, but in a scrimmage like this...

A list of 2+ backups would certainly be a good idea. We lost two or three from the PCSP team, and the NPCSP lost a man or two as well. It made things a little more complicated, but things eventually got going.

Great job to everyone there, and especially to Big C for keeping the game running smoothly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X