Sooo yea... its boring now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooo yea... its boring now

I know its been said alot, but we really need to change up the map rotation and i dunno about everyone else, but i think we need to bring back some stock maps and some other old favs... I know alot of people would love to bring back train, prodigy, contra and inferno.... i know i would. Plus office extreme is just a joke imo... </rant>

Re: Sooo yea... its boring now

Originally posted by Postered
    I know its been said alot, but we really need to change up the map rotation and i dunno about everyone else, but i think we need to bring back some stock maps and some other old favs... I know alot of people would love to bring back train, prodigy, contra and inferno.... i know i would. Plus office extreme is just a joke imo... </rant>
    All those maps are still on the server, just not in the rotation. Perhaps you can prevail on an admin to change the map....

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
      All those maps are still on the server, just not in the rotation. Perhaps you can prevail on an admin to change the map....
      Rumor has it that a rotation change is in the works sometime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by whistler's mother
        Rumor has it that a rotation change is in the works sometime soon.
        Ya, but it may not include some of these "not-so-PCS-friendly" maps.

Comment

Ya, but it may not include some of these "not-so-PCS-friendly" maps.
          LOL... Like Prodigy?

Comment

LOL... Like Prodigy?
            Ha!

Look, if I had my way, it would be all junglerescue all the time....with maybe retreat thrown in for a bit of a change. :icon19:

Comment

Ha!

Look, if I had my way, it would be all junglerescue all the time....with maybe retreat thrown in for a bit of a change. :icon19:
              I am a fan of Contra, Inferno, and Backalley (all good PCS maps IMO)

Though I am definitely with Postered saying Office extreme is a joke. And a pretty unfunny one at that.

Comment

I am a fan of Contra, Inferno, and Backalley (all good PCS maps IMO)

Though I am definitely with Postered saying Office extreme is a joke. And a pretty unfunny one at that.

If you're on the CT's, its a blast! :D

Comment

Yeah I don't like office extreme much. Maybe if it was a 30 player pub it would be okay. It's just way to big.

Comment

Originally posted by measley
                    If you're on the CT's, its a blast! :D
                    Yeah, if only I could get a treasure map in the buy menu.

Comment

If you were king for a day, what would your rotation look like? And why (for each specific map)?
                      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Great idea!

cs_office_extended (Office is bland, extreme is redundant. This map is a happy medium.)

de_view_update1 (Original view has the terrorist spawn visible from a better part of the map, this fixes that.)

de_piranesi (Great map with multiple routes, this one doesn't get old. Ever.)

de_inferno (this map speaks for itself. Multiple routes combined with close quarters will require great communications on both teams)

de_contra (Again, multiple routes will keep CT's on their toes.)

cs_kismayo (At first I thought this map was horrible, but if each team has a strategy in mind when starting out, it makes for a fun time... As long as people stay out of the open (reminder)

de_hydroplant (A new map that was met with some disdain by the masses, apparently they are not recognizing the PCS capability factor involved with this map. You have to work to achieve a plant.)

cs_negociator (The only map I've ever played that made me want to buy NVG)

cs_backalley_source (Another good 'un. This map is a pivotal PCS map because of the location of the hostages and the requirement for the CT's AND T's to be on the same page.)

cs_militia_tm2 (A challenging map for the CT's, it really makes the stock militia feel like a peice of garbage. This map has it all: CQB, long distance battles. The last two hostages retrieved requires intricate strategy by the CT team.)

de_nuke (Very close quarters combined with different routes makes the possibility for fun gameplay almost mandatory with this map.)

de_penstock (... Who DOESN'T like penstock?)

de_train (Many feel that this map is a deathmatch, but I beg to differ. Well placed smokes and flashes can get the terrorist team to either destination, and the battle that ensues after the bomb is planted make it a tense map if played right.)

There you have it.

Comment

I agree with you whistler on everything but I have give you a big ol' W T F on hydroplant.

Comment

Give hydroplant a chance. I think it's a great map. PCS will shine on hydroplant.

Comment

You bring up some greats points on each map. You did forget Dust2 though!!!:row__572:

The one thing everybody has to understand when making any map rotation is “is the map good for the server?” Allot of maps out there have tremendous potential for TG, some don’t . But what has to be balanced is the map have PCS potential? And do people like it? What I mean by that is there are maps that just plain rock, but for some ungodly reason they seem to clear the server out after the 1st round. Let me give you an example- cs_backalley_source. We all know it is a great PCS map and should be on the server, but for some reason every time it used to come up in the rotation all you see is people complaining and eventually leaving the server because of the map. Maps like that should remain on the server, but not get overplayed to the point people hate it *cough* de_aaa. No matter how good a map is, it sucks when you are the only one playing it.
                              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X