1-2 scouts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-2 scouts?

Pretty much...should 2 scouts be allowed for teams that have >6 players?

I think so, seeing as how the other 2 sniper rifles are banned. Also, I'm a bit new at sniping in multiplayers so I'd like a chance to practice on the server without having the the responsibility fall just on me until I'm good. I'm sure I'm not alone in that, it would be good for the whole TGCS community to have well-rounded players and not just the current 6 or so good scout users.

I can easily see how having 2 snipers pinning down the offensive team would force better planning, and better adapting and changing current plans, and use of stealth tactics. 2 offensive snipers, on the other hand, could make the whole "sit back and pick some off before we move out" plans more effective.

I guess that's it until I get some feedback.

Re: 1-2 scouts?

I guess I'm fine with where it is.
    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Personally, I have discussed this with a couple friends a while and we agree that two scouts if each team has above 5 players or so should be allowed (or 1 scout per 4 members per team?). I love to snipe, and there is nothing more frustrating than the one person who takes the scout every single round...especially when they do not focus where they should be, do not cooperate with the team, and/or aren't good with it. At least with two scouts, there could be a novice while the more adept scouter can do what is needed.

The scout rule was put in place to counter the sniper teams. Two scouts per team only when there are large numbers of players on the server seems reasonable, and it won't restrict teams to sending the scouter where he needs to go, and dying, then no more sniper.

But eh. I need to run, I'll probably add in later.

Comment

I think what we have is a great system, it fairly balances the scout/player ratio. (yes even in 8v8) because I believe the less sniper weapons the better because while the scout is the "weakest" of the snipers it is still very potent. To stop the one person always buying the scout you could ask them nicely if you could use it next round/this round etc.

Comment

There are plenty of situations, in my opinion, that could call for 2 scouts.

The issue is, lets use harvest as an example, the whole round being the CT team in front of the house with scouts, or a similar situation.

The way I look at it, this is an advantage for the t's. Because if you don't stick your head out and keep away from the windows, the CT's have to come into the house with only pistols since a scout is practically useless in a close quarters situation.

but people get antsy and can't stand to just hold back and not attack , so the round ends in the t's all being picked off.

So i say lets have 2 scouts. because both teams can use it to their advantage. If you dont want to get picked off, then don't show yourself, and make them come to you and see how their deagles match up with your m4/ak

Comment

If someone can show me a way to configure mani to allow x scouts if playercount > y, I'm happy to reconsider the scout restriction.

I've previously looked, and as far as I can tell, there is only a simple restriction facility ; 0 of a weapon, x of a weapon, or unrestricted. I've seen nothing that indicates we can implement what you're suggesting.

Now...

We also have eventscript. It may be possible to write a script that changes the mani restriction based on the players. I don't understand scripting, but again, if someone wants to write a script (assuming it's possible), I'll again be happy to review the current restrictions.

Personally, I've found it to be most refreshing NOT having half my team buying scouts and hanging back to save themselves and abandoning the objective.

The key word in this post, is review. As Apophis made clear recently, when he removed members ability to create polls in this forum, we don't make management decisions based on public demand. By all means, offer an opinion, and if you're capable, a solution. Please don't think, however, that because we can, that we automatically will.
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
              If someone can show me a way to configure mani to allow x scouts if playercount > y, I'm happy to reconsider the scout restriction.

I've previously looked, and as far as I can tell, there is only a simple restriction facility ; 0 of a weapon, x of a weapon, or unrestricted. I've seen nothing that indicates we can implement what you're suggesting.

Now...

We also have eventscript. It may be possible to write a script that changes the mani restriction based on the players. I don't understand scripting, but again, if someone wants to write a script (assuming it's possible), I'll again be happy to review the current restrictions.

Personally, I've found it to be most refreshing NOT having half my team buying scouts and hanging back to save themselves and abandoning the objective.

The key word in this post, is review. As Apophis made clear recently, when he removed members ability to create polls in this forum, we don't make management decisions based on public demand. By all means, offer an opinion, and if you're capable, a solution. Please don't think, however, that because we can, that we automatically will.
              I like coding. When I have some time on my hands (maybe this upcoming 4-day weekend...), I'll do a bit of research into mani and see if I can work something out. Regardless, it would be good to know more about mani because there might be more things that could be offered.

Comment

I would like the multiple scouts.
                1 for up to maybe 5 players, and over 5 allowable 2. I do hate it when the whole team uses sniper rifles. Only the good players, or players willing to learn and learn well, should use them. Players such as Jewish ninja and I, and several others qualify for them, but some dont.

Comment

i didnt really thinkg multiple scouts were a bad idea, but the single scout still isnt bad either, the only issue i have is all the scout whores that suck with a scout, but never let anyone that knows how to use it use one.

Comment

Originally posted by Postered
                    i didnt really thinkg multiple scouts were a bad idea, but the single scout still isnt bad either, the only issue i have is all the scout whores that suck with a scout, but never let anyone that knows how to use it use one.
                    I will stop :row__628:

Allowing 2 scouts instead of one might be a better change. On a team of eight, having two scouts will allow advanced recon and still allow others a chance to get handy with the weapon at the same time. As long as two is the max, any more and you will see ridiculous rushes with five of the people leading with a scout. Scouting isn't for close quarter battles (believe me its habit) but it can be done. That doesn't mean it should.

Comment

I agree with basing the number of scouts allowed with the # of player in the game. i think once there are more than 4 players on the team, then the limit should bump up to 2. Good luck to you Poe with figuring out the mani :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X