New update in acceleration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New update in acceleration

I was wondering if anyone noticed with the latest update that sv_accelerate was changed from the default of 5 to 10, because of this, moving back and forth or in any other direction should be a lot faster than normal. I put it in the sticky as something to add to the changelog since Valve didn't put it in there, but it got deleted, though if it wasn't added to it the change might be a mistake on Valve's part. I haven't actually tested it to see if it's a major difference, but to those who have, should the server have it set back to 5 or what?

Re: New update in acceleration

I haven't noticed it.

Comment

Oh my god, it is terrible! People move sooo fast, and it's so deathmatch-feely. And when you're trying to get onto a small ledge or something, it's so much harder. Blagh! It got a terrible response on the server today. I recommend a serverside:
      sv_accelerate 5

Comment

Originally posted by poe
        Oh my god, it is terrible! People move sooo fast, and it's so deathmatch-feely. And when you're trying to get onto a small ledge or something, it's so much harder. Blagh! It got a terrible response on the server today. I recommend a serverside:
        sv_accelerate 5
        Agreed. You can now hear people walk! WALK! How absurd is that? Hopefully Root changes the server back to the default 5.

Comment

I got paged to fix this, but I do not have the clearance. The acceleration makes CS:S feel like UT2004 in game pacing.

Still, everyone tried to make it as PCS as possible, given the superhuman speed, but we'd all like the server returned to the original setting.

Comment

According to the HLDS mailing list, Valve has released a Win server update to fix this.

Originally posted by Alfred Reynolds
            A update for the Source Dedicated server on win32 platforms has been released. Run the hldsupdatetool to get this update. This update is optional.

The update fixes the wrong skill file being loaded by default (skill2.cfg rather than skill1.cfg). A side effect of that problem caused acceleration speeds in Counter-Strike: Source to be increased.
            "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
            He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
              I got paged to fix this, but I do not have the clearance. The acceleration makes CS:S feel like UT2004 in game pacing.

Still, everyone tried to make it as PCS as possible, given the superhuman speed, but we'd all like the server returned to the original setting.
              Ok this is weird, and I don't have time right now to look into it.

Server 1 has sv_accelerate 5 already set. It's always been set to this. I've added the same line to another config file, and restarted server 1. If someone could check this out now, and as soon as I've eaten I'll see if I can figure anything else out.
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X