New Server Suckage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Server Suckage

We need more advertising or something. Ever since server 1 changed it has been dead during times of usual... well, you get the point.

Can anything be done?
    Josh -
    Some men will always be animals, while others ... they will be Men.

Re: New Server Suckage

try refering people to Tactical Gamer.

Comment

It will just take a bit of time before people learn about the new address.

Comment

Ya it took me about two days before I realized that the server was down, mainly cause I didn't really check. Try going on "tactical" servers and referring some people to TG. You might be surprised at how many people actually end up coming :)

Comment

Thats because the New Server IP address is hidden in a thread called Server changes or something obscure like that. It needs to say "NEW SERVER IP ADDRESS". I tried already to post it but it was deleted for some odd reason.

And, OBVIOUSLY, since noone is showing up to the new server, it DOES need to be better advertised to the community that the Server IP has changed.

This is a major change, not something that should be hidden under an obscure posting.

All I ask for is communication

Comment

Originally posted by Ben
            Thats because the New Server IP address is hidden in a thread called Server changes or something obscure like that. It needs to say "NEW SERVER IP ADDRESS". I tried already to post it but it was deleted for some odd reason.

And, OBVIOUSLY, since noone is showing up to the new server, it DOES need to be better advertised to the community that the Server IP has changed.

This is a major change, not something that should be hidden under an obscure posting.
            Ben, your post was probably deleted because it is a copy of a thread that is a copy of another thread.

That, and most people on S1 probably don't even read the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by whistler's mother
              Ben, your post was probably deleted because it is a copy of a thread that is a copy of another thread.

That, and most people on S1 probably don't even read the forums.
              Exactly.

Further, there were a bunch of people on the old server when I killed it for good. They were all told there was an announcement (keyword : announcement) in the forum with the new IP. Of something like 7 players on the server, only 2 found their way to the new one. That says to me that people are too lazy to read.

Sticky threads are required reading for all members.
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I've noticed a lot of new people joining the server, but never making it into the game...
                ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
                  I've noticed a lot of new people joining the server, but never making it into the game...
                  That's probably due to the mandatory download of server-side stuff (mani, skins, maps, etc.) Most people probably want to join just for a quick game but don't realize what they're getting themselves into; of course if they continued the download process they would be getting into some fun-as-hell gaming.

Comment

Hopefully this will get read by the right people.....

I was thinking it MIGHT be a good idea when changing the server IP, not only to make an announcment in the forums, but how about go ahead and change it on the http://www.tacticalgamer.com/?page=serverlist too... call me crazy but thats the first place Id look to get the IP for a TG server... just a thought :)

ps= kinda off topic but , can someone tell me how to assign a name to a link in a post, example: this thread I would have liked to name that link <server list> but Im not sure what tags to put at the beginning and end. thanks :)
                    Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta
                      Hopefully this will get read by the right people.....

I was thinking it MIGHT be a good idea when changing the server IP, not only to make an announcment in the forums, but how about go ahead and change it on the http://www.tacticalgamer.com/?page=serverlist too... call me crazy but thats the first place Id look to get the IP for a TG server... just a thought :)

ps= kinda off topic but , can someone tell me how to assign a name to a link in a post, example: this thread I would have liked to name that link <server list> but Im not sure what tags to put at the beginning and end. thanks :)
                      Well, the original server was not completely terminated until today. Now that it's been officially shut down, I can remove the old IP from the list.
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

:icon14:

You da man!:row__593:
                        Dizlor

Comment

the old ip should be changed if not all ready. but if tg members are not reading the forums how are they to know what is going on. do you think if you get a email or a pm from someone asking about the sever. i think you sould reply saying check in to the forums and make sure to follow up on the sop forums

Comment

We do need more people in the server to come to the forums :\

Comment

I think we need more people in the forums to come to the server.

My box is finally fixed. I look forward to eating everyone's bullets tonight.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X