An unpopular idea...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An unpopular idea...

Why not put 1 aim map on the server? Not in the rotation obviously, but on the server.

I keep getting accused of cheating. The only way I know how to defend against the accusations is to help the accusers improve.

The reason I get so many headshots is because I have trained myself how to do it over the years. The way I trained myself was by playing aim maps (mostly aim_ak-colt). I have forced myself to adopt habits such as always aiming high and strafing the moment I see an enemy. People see me getting like 4 headshots in the span of about 5 seconds and tell me it's impossible. It's definitely not impossible. In fact, it's rather easy when those 4 people are completely stationary.

Last night on militia, I opened the front door and got clipped for about 20 hp with a shotgun by a T strafing to the left. I was already tracking his head with my crosshairs by the time he moved behind the door out of sight and I shot 3 rounds into the door and killed him with a headshot. Of course the accusations started flying, even though the shot was mostly lucky. However, learning how to track people's movements by playing on aim maps most certainly helped me in this situation.

I know this type of map is completely against pcs style of play and I know many will probably think the idea absurd... But being able to kill someone faster than they can kill you really is a valid tactic and the best way to improve is by practice. Aim maps help facilitate this. Tactics will almost always be a determining factor to a teams success, but being able to shoot is also required skill to have in FPS games.

So if the community is open to this idea, great! If not, if any of you are interested in some 1 on 1 training on how to shoot better, please, pm me and we can set up some time on a listen server or something to practice. I guarantee you'll see an improvement. I'd rather help people improve so that they can see for themselves that it really isn't impossible rather than constantly feeling like I have to defend against the accusations.

Please don't misconstrue this post. I'm not trying to brag. I've learned a lot about PCS style of play which I'm very greatful for and I'd like to give a little back and help people improve their shooting. It eases the burden on me as far as constantly feeling like I have to defend myself and it eases the burden of frustration people feel when they constantly get dropped with headshots.

Re: An unpopular idea...

Apex, would it not be better to take a group of PCS players out on an AIM server or map, and show them how it is done? I'm thinking a training class led by you on teamspeak might be worth more than going through all of the bother and effort to make a server change to prove a point.

Comment

The only reservations I have about that is it's not as personal and it's harder to control.

If the community/admin's don't like the idea, I've been considering running my own aim server with about 8 slots.

Would there be enough interest in something like that? Many people may find it boring. But it's usually what I do when TG is empty.

Comment

Originally posted by Apex
        The only reservations I have about that is it's not as personal and it's harder to control.

If the community/admin's don't like the idea, I've been considering running my own aim server with about 8 slots.

Would there be enough interest in something like that? Many people may find it boring. But it's usually what I do when TG is empty.
        I know my aim needs improving, so if you are offering, I am accepting. :row__577:

EDIT: Give me a day or two though-need to get CS:S reinstalled (ain't Linux fun?).

Comment

Apex,

I would be interested

Comment

Cool, just let me know a time and we can set up a listen server for now. If there is enough interest I might get an 8 slot server for people to come practice.
            Which by the way, I'm not trying to poach from the TG server. I just think it's a fun way to practice during slow times on TG.

Comment

since it seems like tg has been slow ALOT lately id love to play on an aim server. ive played on a bit of them and i really like them. im definitly interested. my aim sucks too, and id love to improve it.

Comment

I'd be interested in a training thingy and/or putting an aim_ map on the server (not in rotation). I assume the latter part might not go so well. As long as it's for this purpose only, I don't see how it would be a bad idea, though.

And yeah, TGCS is really slow lately.

Comment

If only I recorded stuff, I could so prove Apex doesn't hack :p

After my post about burst firing, I've been working a LOT to try to do that, and never spray (there are exceptions though...)

A perfect example is this. It was me and Apex on cs_italy, he a T and myself a CT... he was on the middle bridge and I came up appartment. We saw each other. Instead of spraying, charging, or anything like that....we each took one shot and strafed, lining up our next shot. I don't think either of us took more than two shots before strafing again. This is an essential tactic, in my opinion. If people do this more, they will notice an increase in their skills. You must be patient...taking the first shot is not a win-all. I've had people spray at me with their weapons, and I just easily avoided the fire, took my time to aim, and blasted them in the skull. :)

As for this aim_ map idea...I'd be all for it. It would be fun for everyone who was interested to hop on an aim_ server, into Teamspeak (or x-fire, or whatever), and spend some time working on another side of tactics - raw, hard skill.

Comment

when new players come online they think alot of us do cheat but we all know apex is going down when i am on the sever :)

Comment

Server IP: 63.215.74.182

I decided to just grab a 10 man server.

The ip is: 63.215.74.182

I haven't admined a HL server in at least 5 years, so I'm not sure if I got the map rotation right.
                      Do I just need to edit the mapcycle.txt file? Can someone check to see if there are default cs:s maps running, or if there are some aim maps running?

Thanks!

Comment

Cool beans, Apex.
                        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea. I know my aim could always use improving, sometimes I jump on a pub to try and get the feel for different guns. It would make it all-the-more worthwhile if I were aiming at a bunch of TG regulars :)

Comment

Ooo your server has a nice ping for me, I might come and check it out if the TG server is empty and I got time.

Comment

Aim and patience CAN be learned. But, it is very hard to learn correct anticipation. It has also taken me a few years to learn how to fire patiently and anticipate what the enemy is going to do. If you can learn how to "see" what someone is going to do next, it is pretty easy to lead them. I think aim maps are good for straight on aiming. But people that play on this server really need to learn to anticipate where to aim AFTer the kill. Its kinda llike pool, you never really want to think hard about the shot your about to take, but concentrate about 3 shots later.... patience after youve already blown 3 shots out of your rifle is priceless. A good player I used to play with taught me a pretty good firing tactic.... Fire one time to stun them THEN burst 2 or 3 shots... youd be surprised how many HS you can get when u only fire one time at first to slow them down then burst to the head. I would love to help out with any aim training or anticipation techniques where wanted. :)
                              Dizlor

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X