Finally here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally here!

Well I finally made it here and It is WAY better than Kuwait. The Food is freaking great, I would compare it to a 4 star hotel food. Our barracks (E4-and below) are old Iraqi Army offices and it is SUPER GHETTO. We are 4-5 in a "Room" but the space is quite big...While the NCOS and Officers get the trailers:( We get the occassional mortar attack, but the insurgents are horrible shots and dont know how to arm the mortars and half of the time they just hit the dirt and create dust. I need to get my digital camara and send you guys some of these pics, you wont believe some of this stuff. On a good note I got regular internet access and will be able to keep up in the forums. Our MWR tent is great too, bcuz they have 8-12- computers linked up and have plenty of games, CS:S being my game of choice, but it gets really old beating everybody(the whole camp) and I try to challange myself only using a Deagle and NO armor. I owned them all, but I am teaching them the TG playing style which is a chore in itself. They dont quite understand it but they are getting better. But anyways some ppl were asking what my mailing address was and I cant remember who so here it is for everyone to see...

SrA Hagglund Dennis K
    557 ERHS/FOB Marez
    APO/AE 09334

Well I got to go...Happy gaming:)
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: Finally here!

Good to hear from you. Be safe out there and keep us updated.

Originally posted by Dirtboy
    but I am teaching them the TG playing style which is a chore in itself. They dont quite understand it but they are getting better.

Should we be worried that people in the military don't already understand the TG playing style? :o

Comment

Hey Dirt, thanks for keeping us updated! Teach 'em how to play real CSS :)
      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

good to hear from you, man

keep teaching them CS:S, cause TG needs a few more people to become targets...i mean...members

Comment

Yo Dirtboy!! Great to hear from you again, especially since we'll be able to hear from you even more! I hope we get you back full-time soon. Keep in touch more Dirtboy.

Comment

Good luck teaching them to play PCS, Dirtboy. I suggest you ask for admin status on your local server :D
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
              I suggest you ask for admin status on your local server :D
              I am sorta one considering that Everybody listens to me and nobody really does any retarded crap (except for the rushing). The only problem with CS over here is that it is not Source and I am not really familiar with it...I need your guy's help with some things that will give me the edge on the rest of the camp..we are having a tourny on the 26th and I need to figure some things out...for example

1. quick weapon change(like on source)
              2. are the hit boxes the same as source

Thats all I can really think of right now but PLEASE feel free to give me some pointers:)
              "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

1. Quick weapon change can still be set to whatever key you like. ( i use Q )

2. Hit boxes are about the same... somewhat crappy lol probably more registration problems in 1.6 then source though but not too bad.
                Dizlor

Comment

I was under the impression that unlike in source, the hitboxes in 1.6 actually work.
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                    I was under the impression that unlike in source, the hitboxes in 1.6 actually work.
                    If by work you mean "don't lag 2 feet in the direction of player movement" then yes.
                    -Zephyr
                    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                    We are not a single game.
                    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

yea... the hitboxes havent been worth a crap since 1.4 or so.. 1.5 was alright but ...still annoying.
                      Dizlor

Comment

1.3 quick weapon switch:
                        bind q "lastinv" or hud_fastswitch 1

Hitboxes: Somewhat the same, but not actually AS good. They are different, because the throat isnt a HS in 1.6, but it is in Source. If you have any Qs, just ask me. I can tell you a ton of stuff about it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X