Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often does your computer catch fire?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often does your computer catch fire?

Well guys, bad news once again from my camp. As you can see from the title, the rest of the story won't be too good. If you don't know already, my computer caught fire. Yes, my 3.2Ghz CS:S machine. I'll be out for a while until it gets repaired.

Go on to reading the forums if you don't feel like reading how it happened...

If you choose option #2, here you go:

Since the dawn of time, it has been a dark stormy night, and as you know little old Curly Beths was coming back from a 12 hr day of work (which was a logistics disaster). Little did he know he left his computer on... with TG-IRC ( in order to hear wyz's anncmnt). As he went to the sporting goods store to buy some triple ought "000" buckshot for his new 12 Guage mag Benelli Nova Pump shotgun he thought to himself, " I should have not left my laptop on all day beacuse the [email protected] program is on([email protected]=100% processor power consumed)." Well when poor little Beth got home to check his computer's temp it was at 80 degrees. 80 degrees CELCIUS!!! (176 Fahrenheit!!!) Even littler than he knew before when he opened his screen he sheared the sheathing from the wires that provide power to his screen(shear was caused by heated sheathing). This caused the + to touch the - (Postive/negative, black/red) wire and create a short in the circuit. Right before little old Bethy Locks was going to play TG-PCS he smelled burnt plastic. At first he thought it was his polyethylene underwear burning on his butt, but it was really the short circuit. Littlest did he know the comp was smoking like a 1974 chevy truck and spewing white smoke from the exhaust ducts of his cooling system. All at once he pulled out his shotgun and shot the comp to put the fire out, Just kidding, as if he would have did that. All at once he jumped up, grapped his pocketknife, removed the keyboard, ran to the table, put on his leather work gloves, and put his finger on the small flame growing from the wire cluster. The fire went out and he turned his comp off, but he actually tried to turn it off as soon as he saw the smoke, but Microsoft Windowsİ had to ensure that his settings were saved. Next he called Beth ( the real Beth) and asked if he can borrow her laptop to complete assignements assigned from his online classes. She said YES!!!, and now Curly Beths will DL CS:S on her comp and play if the 1.73 Ghz can keep up. If not, Beth locks will have to wait until Hypersonic-PC fixes his comp. In short, Bethy locks's life currently sucks. He hopes to see you guys on the server soon, and will try to stay updated in the forums. Finally, He hopes you liked this story.

Sorry guys...

Re: How often does your computer catch fire?

That sounds like one of those commercials for "You think your having a bad day"? I'm sorry about the loss Beth. I hope good fortune or at least enough fortune to get a new computer comes your way soon. Goodluck
    sigpic

Comment

this is all wyzs fault....and we still dint hear that stupid announcement!
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Yeah Wyz owes you, man. He owes you big.
        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Man, Wyz strikes again.:icon_cool

Sorry to hear that about your computer.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

All part of wyz's evil plan... mwahahaha...

Comment

Man, I had one of those overheats recently, but mine didn't catch fire. Hope it gets fixed alright.

Comment

Freaking wyzcrak...
                -Zephyr
                You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                We are not a single game.
                We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Was it an AMD or Pentium in the computer?
                  XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

Well, bad news. Beth's laptop wont play PCS at a reasonable speed. 1.73GHz and 512Mb Ram doesn't get you far these days. Not even as far as 12 FPS. I wont be playing PCS for a while, but my comp will only cost about $102 to fix w/o S&H. $100 labor and $2 for parts. The laptop will have a small melted part near the keyboard, but I'll live with it and call it battle wounds. So it isnt a total loss. Luckily it is only one 2 inch cable that burnt. So intil then, I'll try and stay updated with the forums.

Wyz, it isn't all your fault....
                    Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                    It's not that hard...Just leave your client in the channel when you leave for work in the morning, if nothing else...Heck... This should be cake.
                    It is eady to manipulate people's words like the media does. Look what I did above.

J/K Don't blame Wyz, what happened is called acceptable loss in the battle for TG world domination.

I have a P4.

Comment

2 bucks in parts.....im surprised they made you pay for those considering you payed 100 bucks for a 2 dollar part...
                      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                        2 bucks in parts.....im surprised they made you pay for those considering you payed 100 bucks for a 2 dollar part...
                        The part is a 2 inch cable with 2 wires sheathed with an aluminum snakeskin type cover. The $100 for labor is a mandatory cost for all nonwarranted repairs.

Comment

Originally posted by .143 Bethİ
                          The $100 for labor is a mandatory cost for all nonwarranted repairs.
                          I'd say the whole catching fire thing means that repairs are warranted. You just have to know how to twist the english language a little ;)
                          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                            I'd say the whole catching fire thing means that repairs are warranted. You just have to know how to twist the english language a little ;)
                            Well, I don't feel like trying to understand what you said, but I think you are pointing out my missuse of the word "warranted." I realized the mistake at work today and didn't get a chance to fix it, but since we are going to discuss my missuse of the word it doesn't need editing.

What I meant to say was; "The $100 is mandatory for all repairs not covered by the warranty." (I bought the 1 year warranty so all repairs are not under warranty anymore.)

Comment

The answer to the title appears to be about 3 times evry two weeks...LOOK

On another note: NEVER DL online class material on a comp and not back it up on a CD or flash drive. It will cost me another $100 to re-buy the books that I DLed on my burnt comp. And I can't get this darn printer to connect to the sony laptop. my test only begins in less than 20 hours.
                              Last edited by .143 Bethİ; 06-21-2006, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X